The Education Forum

Did Ruby try to bump Oswald on Friday evening?

It remains a very interesting question, did Jack Ruby know Lee Oswald prior to the assassination of JFK?

There is a Forum thread here that asks this very question:-educationforum.ipbhost.com/topic/25402-did-jack-ruby-know-lee-harvey-oswald.  Jim Hargrove posted on that thread with a very extensive list of testimonies of people who stated that Ruby & Oswald did know each other.  In the summer of 1963 Dorothy Marcum was dating Ruby and her aunt worked for Ruby. Dorothy told the FBI that LEE Oswald worked for Ruby during June and July and the two men definitely knew each other.  Ruby was interviewing Francis Irene Hise for a job as a waitress when a young man entered the Carousel Club and Ruby said “Hi, Ozzie” to the young man. After she was hired Miss Hise served drinks to “Ozzie," whom she recognized after the assassination as LHO.  Another employee, Clyde Malcolm Limbough, worked for Ruby three years and saw Oswald in Ruby's office on several occasions.  Helen Kay Smith (“Pixie Lynn”), who worked at the Carousel, told the Dallas Police that she saw Ruby and Oswald together on several occasions.  Other employees of Ruby who saw Oswald in the Carousel Club were William Crowe, Wally Weston, Dixie Lynn, and Kathy Kay.  Robert Roy was Ruby's auto mechanic and said that Oswald used to drop off Ruby's car for repairs.  Journalist Dorothy Kilgallen wrote in the New York Journal American (June 6, 1964): “It is known that 10 persons have signed sworn depositions to the Warren Commission that they knew Oswald and Ruby to have been acquainted.”   The list of witnesses to this link is fairly long and may also include Dallas attorney Caroll Jarnagin, Rose Cheramie and Beverley Oliver.

The truth behind Ruby's attendance at Parkland, where he spoke to journalist Seth Kantor, which Ruby lied about, is another mystery.  However we know that following his Friday afternoon visit to the hospital, Ruby was inside the D.P.D. building.

We know that late Friday, Ruby, playing the part of a reporter attended the press conference of Oswald held in the basement assembly room.  A Ruby/Oswald connection was strongly hinted at when D.A. Henry Wade was giving the press some details on Oswald.  He told reporters that Oswald belonged to the Free Cuba Committee, only for Ruby to correct Wade by informing that it was the Fair Play for Cuba Committee.  I find it strange that Ruby knew this detail of information about Oswald.

Yet, Ruby was stalking around the building a lot earlier than the Friday midnight press briefing.  He was around the 3rd floor homicide offices, witnessed there by Dallas detectives.  It is also recounted that Ruby was stopped at one point when  trying to enter these offices.  After what occurred on Sunday morning in the D.P.D. basement it can be believed that Ruby was stalking Oswald on that Friday evening.  What is little known is that the D.P.D. had two jail areas in the building.  One on the 4th floor and another on the 5th.  Dallas detective H.R. Williams reported seeing Ruby on the 4th floor on Friday evening, reportedly there to visit someone in the jail!  Williams recalls Ruby coming to the 4th floor jail to visit someone he assumed were his employees picked up on one thing or another. 

I know of no Carousel employee being detained by the police on that Friday night.  A strong suspicion that Ruby was moving in to snuff out Oswald, even in his jail cell!

On 6/28/2022 at 2:11 PM, Pete Mellor said:

It remains a very interesting question, did Jack Ruby know Lee Oswald prior to the assassination of JFK?

There is a Forum thread here that asks this very question:-educationforum.ipbhost.com/topic/25402-did-jack-ruby-know-lee-harvey-oswald.  Jim Hargrove posted on that thread with a very extensive list of testimonies of people who stated that Ruby & Oswald did know each other.  In the summer of 1963 Dorothy Marcum was dating Ruby and her aunt worked for Ruby. Dorothy told the FBI that LEE Oswald worked for Ruby during June and July and the two men definitely knew each other.  Ruby was interviewing Francis Irene Hise for a job as a waitress when a young man entered the Carousel Club and Ruby said “Hi, Ozzie” to the young man. After she was hired Miss Hise served drinks to “Ozzie," whom she recognized after the assassination as LHO.  Another employee, Clyde Malcolm Limbough, worked for Ruby three years and saw Oswald in Ruby's office on several occasions.  Helen Kay Smith (“Pixie Lynn”), who worked at the Carousel, told the Dallas Police that she saw Ruby and Oswald together on several occasions.  Other employees of Ruby who saw Oswald in the Carousel Club were William Crowe, Wally Weston, Dixie Lynn, and Kathy Kay.  Robert Roy was Ruby's auto mechanic and said that Oswald used to drop off Ruby's car for repairs.  Journalist Dorothy Kilgallen wrote in the New York Journal American (June 6, 1964): “It is known that 10 persons have signed sworn depositions to the Warren Commission that they knew Oswald and Ruby to have been acquainted.”   The list of witnesses to this link is fairly long and may also include Dallas attorney Caroll Jarnagin, Rose Cheramie and Beverley Oliver.

The truth behind Ruby's attendance at Parkland, where he spoke to journalist Seth Kantor, which Ruby lied about, is another mystery.  However we know that following his Friday afternoon visit to the hospital, Ruby was inside the D.P.D. building.

We know that late Friday, Ruby, playing the part of a reporter attended the press conference of Oswald held in the basement assembly room.  A Ruby/Oswald connection was strongly hinted at when D.A. Henry Wade was giving the press some details on Oswald.  He told reporters that Oswald belonged to the Free Cuba Committee, only for Ruby to correct Wade by informing that it was the Fair Play for Cuba Committee.  I find it strange that Ruby knew this detail of information about Oswald.

Yet, Ruby was stalking around the building a lot earlier than the Friday midnight press briefing.  He was around the 3rd floor homicide offices, witnessed there by Dallas detectives.  It is also recounted that Ruby was stopped at one point when  trying to enter these offices.  After what occurred on Sunday morning in the D.P.D. basement it can be believed that Ruby was stalking Oswald on that Friday evening.  What is little known is that the D.P.D. had two jail areas in the building.  One on the 4th floor and another on the 5th.  Dallas detective H.R. Williams reported seeing Ruby on the 4th floor on Friday evening, reportedly there to visit someone in the jail!  Williams recalls Ruby coming to the 4th floor jail to visit someone he assumed were his employees picked up on one thing or another. 

I know of no Carousel employee being detained by the police on that Friday night.  A strong suspicion that Ruby was moving in to snuff out Oswald, even in his jail cell!

Ruby was stalking Oswald. No debate there.

Ruby knew more about Oswald than Dallas DA Henry Wade?

Obviously so. He had to correct Wade with the real name of Oswald's Free Cuba association.

Wade was outed by a reporter after that news conference regards Wade's phony act of not knowing who Ruby was when Ruby approached him to ask a favor for a radio news interview.

The reporter noticed this Ruby/Wade interaction and told Wade that it seemed to him ( the reporter) that he and Ruby appeared to be familiar friends.

Wade sheepishly smiled, rolled his tongue against the inside of his cheek and stuttered and stammered without answering until another question gave him a distraction out.

The Warren Commission finding that journalist Seth Kantor was confused and really didn't see, shake hands with and talk to Jack Ruby inside Parkland hospital is one of their most outrageous and suspicious false statements.

Admitting Jack Ruby was in Parkland hospital at that time would have shredded their pre-determined story line.

Edited by Joe Bauer

Newbie here. Not a researcher, but I read as many of the books as my budget will allow. Most importantly I stay plugged in to the Education Forum and am now happy to have posting rights.

Keep looking for the truth fellow soldiers and maybe one day we will get there!

On 6/28/2022 at 4:10 PM, Charles Blackmon said:

Newbie here. Not a researcher, but I read as many of the books as my budget will allow. Most importantly I stay plugged in to the Education Forum and am now happy to have posting rights.

Welcome Mr. Blackmon.

I entered the education/debate JFK TRUTH MISSION seeking fray here just a few years ago myself.

Some brilliant members here. Nationally recognized researchers, some with best selling books to their credit.

Like having a seat at the Academy Awards show. 

Stars ( JFK research ) sitting right next to you. 

Edited by Joe Bauer

8 hours ago, Charles Blackmon said:

Glad to see some fresh blood in here. I respect all views and insights, and welcome yours. 

9 hours ago, Charles Blackmon said:

Welcome Charles!  I certainly don't consider myself a researcher either, but like you, read & collect many assassination books, much to my better half's dismay!  The bookshelves are full and books are now getting stacked on the floor.  I concur with Joe's comments about the Ed Forum too.  I'm from U.K. and a member of 'Dealey Plaza U.K.' which welcomes U.S. members.  All soldiers in the same army.

5 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Glad to see some fresh blood in here. I respect all views and insights, and welcome yours. 

Benjamin your theories involving Oswald's involvement on 11/22/63 are very interesting  I believe like many here that the key to what went down is what was Oswald's involvement. I am not ready to buy into "false flag" operation yet but do find it intriguing. Still looking for someone who can put it all together with a convincing narrative.  

1 minute ago, Charles Blackmon said:

Benjamin your theories involving Oswald's involvement on 11/22/63 are very interesting  I believe like many here that the key to what went down is what was Oswald's involvement. I am not ready to buy into "false flag" operation yet but do find it intriguing. Still looking for someone who can put it all together with a convincing narrative.  

Well, thanks for reading my take on it. 

We may never get that narrative you (and I) want...witnesses are passing away, the two major investigations (WC and HSCA) bungled or worse. 

We are in the ninth inning now.  I am soon going to post again on the rapidity of shots that struck JFK, and then JBC, and then very quickly JFK again. The simplest version yet, but IMHO very persuasive. 

Showing that JBC and JFK were struck about one second apart does not, as you know, answer much except that LHO did not act alone (if he acted at all). 

Stay tuned. 

22 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Well, thanks for reading my take on it. 

We may never get that narrative you (and I) want...witnesses are passing away, the two major investigations (WC and HSCA) bungled or worse. 

We are in the ninth inning now.  I am soon going to post again on the rapidity of shots that struck JFK, and then JBC, and then very quickly JFK again. The simplest version yet, but IMHO very persuasive. 

Showing that JBC and JFK were struck about one second apart does not, as you know, answer much except that LHO did not act alone (if he acted at all). 

Stay tuned. 

I believe its the Josiah Thomson Last Second in Dallas that delves into the 1 second between shots theory. I need to read that now.

Sorry for hijacking the OP. Carry on!

Edited by Charles Blackmon

It seems when Ruby killed Oswald it was an impulsive act of opportunity and not planned. If Ruby had planned it he probably wouldn't have brought his dog only to leave it in the car he would never return to.  So, if that wasn't planned, why would anything before it have been planned?

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/29/2022 at 2:24 PM, Greg Jaynes said:

It seems when Ruby killed Oswald it was an impulsive act of opportunity and not planned. If Ruby had planned it he probably wouldn't have brought his dog only to leave it in the car he would never return to.  So, if that wasn't planned, why would anything before it have been planned?

Greg, Hi.  Well, the impulsive act and non-planned killing of Oswald was Ruby's line of defence, as was the false claim that he was sparing Jackie a court appearance back in Dallas, which was a lie dreamed up by his attorney, who just happened to be also in attendance in the DPD basement that Sunday morning.  Don't you find the Ruby phone records, contacts with major league Mafia figures all over the States extremely suspect?  His explanation that the calls were AVGA Union related are laughable.  Calls to Marcello, Hoffa, Trafficante, Giancana associates as well as visits to mobsters in New York & Chicago etc., all this activity in the months prior to November.  Even on the 21st he is in Houston!  What is this club owner doing attempting to enter Fritz's Homicide office?  He sure wasn't attempting to distribute his business cards.  What did he want on the 4th floor jail area on the Friday night?  His excuse for being there was another lie, like being at Parkland that afternoon.  Why would an impulsive act cause Ruby to want to be shipped to D.C. with Warren, where he could give information he couldn't give in Dallas, where he said his life was in danger?  Finally, if his act was impulsive and not planned, how did he get into the basement area?  Why was he hanging around the building from early that morning?  Any dog lover wouldn't leave their pooch in a car for four hours!  Why the need for George Senator to lie to Ruby's cleaner?

Nah, this was planned as sure as there was more than one shooter in Dealey Plaza.  

I have to say that - so far - I have found very little on what LHO was doing on weeknights ? 

Where did he usually have dinner, etc  ?  I don't think he was still reading as much as he used to.

For all we know he did call Marina every day, but that's about it.

Anyone has information on that ? I'm new to most of this, so it is possible someone has done some research on it

7 minutes ago, Jean Paul Ceulemans said:

I have to say that - so far - I have found very little on what LHO was doing on weeknights ? 

Where did he usually have dinner, etc  ?  I don't think he was still reading as much as he used to.

For all we know he did call Marina every day, but that's about it.

Anyone has information on that ? I'm new to most of this, so it is possible someone has done some research on it

Hi Jean and welcome fellow newbie. During week nights Lee was test driving cars and practice shooting targets telling anyone who would listen he was going to be getting some money real soon. (sarcasm)