The Education Forum

No one asks this question of Paine or Marina

So let’s verify this.   She testified she told an FBI agent prior to the assassination that LHO worked at the TSBD.   Curious, does the report say that or, does Hosty-not my area- mention this in his writings.   Does he say she told him the wrong building?    

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here, let me answer one thing.   Marina learned of the visit from RP.   Her, RP and LHO discussed the visit the night before, though LHO avoided discussing it.   Marina said she was interested and since RP was aware of it, the question is, why not go watch the motorcade?    No one has yet given me an answer.   Speculation yes but no answer.   Why?  Because no one ever asked this.   They stopped when they heard the word “dentist” and didn’t ask the logical follow-up question.   Perhaps they would not have liked the answer?

25 minutes ago, Cory Santos said:

So let’s verify this.   She testified she told an FBI agent prior to the assassination that LHO worked at the TSBD.   Curious, does the report say that or, does Hosty-not my area- mention this in his writings.   Does he say she told him the wrong building?    

It appears that Ruth simply told Hosty that Lee was working at the "Texas School Book Depository". Nothing beyond just that. No address is mentioned in this testimony:

Mr. JENNER - Were you at times asked to address Marina to convey something that the FBI agent asked you to convey to her and then to translate in the reverse to him?
Mrs. PAINE - I don't recall anything as formal as that; no. The agent and I conversed some in English. He said, for instance, that, well he was interested in knowing if Lee Oswald lived here. I told him he did not, that he had a room in town; he asked if I knew where the room was and I said I did not. He asked if he was working and I said yes, and that he was working at the Texas School Book Depository. I haven't gone over any of this yet, it must have been in conversation with you.

Edited by David Von Pein

9 hours ago, John Deignan said:

Probably because of the children. One being a newborn. 

Makes common sense.

6 minutes ago, David Von Pein said:

It appears that Ruth simply told Hosty that Lee was working at the "Texas School Book Depository". Nothing beyond just that. No address is mentioned in this testimony:

Mr. JENNER - Were you at times asked to address Marina to convey something that the FBI agent asked you to convey to her and then to translate in the reverse to him?
Mrs. PAINE - I don't recall anything as formal as that; no. The agent and I conversed some in English. He said, for instance, that, well he was interested in knowing if Lee Oswald lived here. I told him he did not, that he had a room in town; he asked if I knew where the room was and I said I did not. He asked if he was working and I said yes, and that he was working at the Texas School Book Depository. I haven't gone over any of this yet, it must have been in conversation with you.

Exactly.   See my post.  What does Hosty say?    Did he go to the wrong location also?

9 minutes ago, David Von Pein said:

David, from your blog. 
"I looked up the number in the book, and dialed it, was told I would need to speak to Mr. Truly, who was at the warehouse. 

if she looked it up in the book, as I noted above, can you be a dove and look up the Dallas phone book in 1963 and see which address is listed.   Thanks.  

Edited by Cory Santos

8 minutes ago, Cory Santos said:

Exactly.   See my post.  What does Hosty say?    Did he go to the wrong location also?

Mr. HOSTY -- She [Ruth Paine] was quite friendly and invited me in, said this is the first time she had ever met an FBI agent. Very cordial. As I say, it is my recollection I sat here on the couch and she sat across the room from me. I then told her the purpose of my visit, that I was interested in locating the whereabouts of Lee Oswald. She readily admitted that Mrs. Marina Oswald and Lee Oswald's two children were staying with her. She said that Lee Oswald was living somewhere in Dallas. She didn't know where. She said it was in the Oak Cliff area but she didn't have his address. I asked her if she knew where he worked. After a moment's hesitation, she told me that he worked at the Texas School Book Depository near the downtown area of Dallas. She didn't have the exact address, and it is my recollection that we went to the phone book and looked it up, found it to be 411 Elm Street.

Mr. STERN -- You looked it up while you were there?

Mr. HOSTY -- Yes; that is my recollection that we looked it up in her telephone book to show it at 411 Elm Street, Dallas, Tex.

Edited by David Von Pein

And to repeat the RP testimony that I mentioned earlier in this thread (additional emphasis added by me)....

ALBERT JENNER -- "I heard you mention the Texas School Depository warehouse. Did you think the warehouse was at 411 Elm?"

RUTH PAINE -- "No. I had seen a sign on a building as I went along one of the limited access highways that leads into Dallas, saying "Texas School Book Depository Warehouse" and there was the only building that had registered on my consciousness as being Texas School Book Depository. I was not aware, hadn't taken in the idea of there being two buildings and that there was one on Elm, though, I copied the address from the telephone book, and could well have made that notation in my mind but I didn't. The first I realized that there was a building on Elm was when I heard on the television on the morning of the 22nd of November that a shot had been fired from such a building."

Edited by David Von Pein

3 minutes ago, Cory Santos said:

if she looked it up in the book, as I noted above, can you be a dove and look up the Dallas phone book in 1963 and see which address is listed.   Thanks

Ancestry.com has a complete Dallas 1963 city directory available online. It is one of very few post-1960 online city directories, and one of few complete online directories in general, if anyone is interested. 

10 minutes ago, Cory Santos said:

if she looked it up in the book, as I noted above, can you be a dove and look up the Dallas phone book in 1963 and see which address is listed.   Thanks.  

Sorry, Cory, but I'm currently out of stock of 1963 Dallas, Texas, telephone directories. (LOL time.) But you don't need it, because I just copied James Hosty's testimony above that answers your inquiry about whether or not Hosty knew the correct 411 Elm address.

Edited by David Von Pein

Awww so I went and looked at the 1961 version.   It shows an address.  On elm street.   So if she called she HAD to have seen the address on elm.   Maybe a different number but on elm.   Sorry.   
Now your quote above confirms that w Hosty they looked it up.  

Thank you.   So I have proven, prior to the assassination, on two occasions, she saw the Elm address.  

Therefore ladies and gentlemen of the jury, with Mr.  Von Peins help, we can show she knew LHO worked on Elm.   Moreover, her story about it being somewhere else “The first I realized that there was a building on Elm was when I heard on the television on the morning of the 22nd of November”
Is at best odd. 

https://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth806907/m1/207/zoom/?q=Depository&resolution=1.0541458019897474&lat=3418.0271767439417&lon=651.1032372631902

Edited by Cory Santos

A little more of Ruth's WC testimony re: the TSBD buildings....

Mr. JENNER - For the purpose of this record then I would like to emphasize you were under the impression then, were you, that Lee Harvey Oswald was employed...?

Mrs. PAINE - At the warehouse.

Mr. JENNER - Other than at 411, a place at 411 Elm?

Mrs. PAINE - I thought he worked at the warehouse. I had, in fact, pointed out the building to my children going into Dallas later after he had gained employment.

Mr. JENNER - Did you ever discuss with Lee Harvey Oswald where he actually was employed, that is the location of the building?

Mrs. PAINE - No; I didn't.

Mr. JENNER - Did he ever mention it?

Mrs. PAINE - No.

1 minute ago, David Von Pein said:

A little more of Ruth's WC testimony re: the TSBD buildings....

Mr. JENNER - For the purpose of this record then I would like to emphasize you were under the impression then, were you, that Lee Harvey Oswald was employed...?

Mrs. PAINE - At the warehouse.

Mr. JENNER - Other than at 411, a place at 411 Elm?

Mrs. PAINE - I thought he worked at the warehouse. I had, in fact, pointed out the building to my children going into Dallas later after he had gained employment.

Mr. JENNER - Did you ever discuss with Lee Harvey Oswald where he actually was employed, that is the location of the building?

Mrs. PAINE - No; I didn't.

Mr. JENNER - Did he ever mention it?

Mrs. PAINE - No.

That’s not a denial.  Again, she knew the Elm address on two occasions prior.   That is a fact.