The Education Forum

A little fun topic : what are your JFK memorabilia ?

2 hours ago, Jean Paul Ceulemans said:

@Pat Speer trying to find the film from here in Belgium.... no luck so far.  The regular Channels lik Netflix, PPV, nope so far.    There has to be an online service where I can order it, just don't know where to start.  Could be some streaming service,... no idea.

Not sure it was released on DVD in Europe ?  

Thanks for any tips !

I don't think you'll find it. Mark finished the movie back in 04 if I recall. He then previewed it at a Lancer Conference. People were impressed. It featured top actors like Martin Sheen, Sam Waterston, Edward Asner and Martin Landau in key roles, with Corbin Bernsen pretty much stealing the show as Gerald Ford. He then interviewed a number of people including myself, for a planned extra DVD for when it came out on DVD. He wanted it to be shown in theaters, however. He took it to some film festivals but couldn't get any buyers. He then got interested in the RFK killing and spent a few years working on a documentary about that killing. It was while he was working on that that he called me and asked me to play JFK's corpse. He thought The Commission's being all black and white was a turn-off to distributors, and thought having a few sequences and shots in color would liven it up. I talked to him off and on for maybe another 5 years after that. He was always on the verge of finding a distributor. He had offers from cable, and DVD distributors, if I recall. But he was determined it should be shown in a theater and reviewed by film critics. When that didn't happen I think he just moved on to other things. 

I still think it will come out, however. I mean, he corralled some of the best actors in Hollywood to re-enact a number of key transcripts from the Warren Commission's executive sessions. The public interest in it will probably grow, and Hollywood's interest in it will almost certainly grow. So...we'll see...

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic