The Education Forum

Why bother hiding the rifle?

Ian Lloyd

17 hours ago, Pat Speer said:

It certainly makes sense that the sniper would leave one bullet in the chamber and walk across the floor. That way he could shoot someone running up, or shoot himself if it appeared he was surrounded. When he got to the far side of the floor and realized he might actually escape, however, he might very well have stashed the gun behind some boxes real fast. It is my belief he then either turned around and went down in the elevator, or walked down to the fifth to take the elevator from there. 

Yes leaving a round in the rifle to shoot his way out could make sense but having only one round seems strange.

If he was the shooter it must have been part of his plan to get down to the break room and act casual for a little while then walk calmly out of the building. I doubt stopping at the break room would be a spontaneous decision. Personally I think walking out of the building right away would not be that suspicious as people were coming and going and running all over. Maybe he heard Baker running up the stairs at a fast pace and diverted himself to the break room until they passed. So I guess the stop at the break room could have been either spontaneous or pre-planned. Then again maybe he was part of the conspiracy but was just watching the stairs for the shooter. In that case it would make more sense for him to just walk down to the break room and act casual. 10 more minutes and I'm going to have 10 more possibilities, I'll leave it at that.