The Education Forum

Someone is back to hacking on Amazon again like last year

As a lot of you know from last year, right on the eve of the release Carol Leonnig's massive number one best-selling book ZERO FAIL, my books and several (many?) other pro-conspiracy author's books disappeared from Amazon, either the actual URLs or, at the very "least", the author's Author Page. Here is the link to my article from KENNEDYS & KING about it:

Zero Fail: Déjà vu All Over Again (kennedysandking.com)

Well, here we go again: Clint Hill is coming out with another book on 10/25/2022 and all my books are gone again and several of the individual links no longer work [NOTE: literally as I am typing this, after contacting Amazon, they are coming back]:

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is img_9444.jpg

Here are the five as they SHOULD APPEAR:

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is img_9445.jpg

It's probably just another one of their glitches. I placed a 15 dollar order awhile back that was supposed to come in 2 days via Amazon Prime. It didn't show. They sent me a message apologizing for the delay and said it would show the next day. It didn't show. After 5 days I looked around and actually found a customer service rep I could communicate with. He apologized for the problem and said it had been fixed and that the order would show up in 2 days. He added 5 dollars onto my account for my trouble. It didn't show. After 5 days I contacted another rep who apologized and told me that he was personally releasing the order, and that I should expect it in 2 days. He also gave me 5 bucks for my trouble. It didn't show. After about a week I contacted another rep and told him the whole story and he told me that the order was STUCK and that even though it appeared like it could be released, that that he was powerless to release it. He then gave me a full refund plus another 5 dollars and said I should just re-order. By that time I'd found a similar item at Target and decided to just buy that. About two weeks later the item arrived. Apparently the order had come unstuck--even though the rep had canceled the order. Net result: they paid me 30 bucks to buy a 15 dollar item. 

P.S. I felt so guilty about this I sent Bezos a check. Not. 

Amazon has it's own set of brains, I just don't know how it works (not sure it's human either).

But it works fine, most of the time, when it goes wrong they'll refund (and someday the book

inexplicably will be on your doorstep anyway, it will be your second copy)

Edited by Jean Paul Ceulemans

Now... one day I asked my wife about returning that second copy ?

She said : no, you have to keep it in case YOU loose the first one....

Ok....... 

Vince, your books show on Amazon like they should, except one* perhaps

The Not-So-Secret Service,  Survivor's Guilt and Honest Answers are all available in the Amazon Euro-stock (no fees, no shipping, this is very important, if not the price would be like x 5 )

Who's Who in the Secret Service is available at a Dutch book depository (low shipping, no fees)

*Honest Answers shows writer Vincent Michael Palamara and does not link to your other books

https://www.amazon.nl/s?i=stripbooks&rh=p_27%3AVincent+Michael+Palamara&ref=dp_byline_sr_book_1

The others are all linked to Vincent Palamara and will lead to the others (clicking on your name that is)

I do not know why there is a difference

1 hour ago, Jean Paul Ceulemans said:

Vince, your books show on Amazon like they should, except one* perhaps

The Not-So-Secret Service,  Survivor's Guilt and Honest Answers are all available in the Amazon Euro-stock (no fees, no shipping, this is very important, if not the price would be like x 5 )

Who's Who in the Secret Service is available at a Dutch book depository (low shipping, no fees)

*Honest Answers shows writer Vincent Michael Palamara and does not link to your other books

https://www.amazon.nl/s?i=stripbooks&rh=p_27%3AVincent+Michael+Palamara&ref=dp_byline_sr_book_1

The others are all linked to Vincent Palamara and will lead to the others (clicking on your name that is)

I do not know why there is a difference

Thanks for the info/update!