The Education Forum

LIMO DAMAGE 11/21/63 & LIMO DOOR NOT COMPLETELY CLOSED 11/22/63

I had some amateur freaking out on me: "Vince, do you realize this makes all bullet trajectories null and void plus it shows further incompetence on the part of Kellerman who closed the door!"

Thoughts?

4 minutes ago, Vince Palamara said:

I had some amateur freaking out on me: "Vince, do you realize this makes all bullet trajectories null and void plus it shows further incompetence on the part of Kellerman who closed the door!"

Why on Earth would the slightly ajar door make "all bullet trajectories null and void" ?????

That makes no sense whatsoever.

Edited by David Von Pein

Interesting find. JFK must have forgotten to close the door properly when he got out to greet the nun and school children during the motorcade. 

The crowd were getting pretty close to JFKs limousine during the motorcade. Some of the motorcycle officers said they were hitting people with their handlebars as they rode along. Someone must have got caught in that aerial thing that looks broken in your photos. 

The SS had their own communication radio for the parade. I wonder if that aerial was part of their radio system. 

1 minute ago, Gerry Down said:

JFK must have forgotten to close the door properly when he got out to greet the nun and school children during the motorcade. 

I doubt very much that JFK physically left the vehicle to greet the nuns. I'm pretty certain that didn't happen.

Plus, we can see that the door is also ajar at Love Field:

JFK-In-Limousine-At-Love-Field-11-22-63.

6 minutes ago, David Von Pein said:

I doubt very much that JFK physically left the vehicle to greet the nuns. I'm pretty certain that didn't happen.

I know this is hardly scientific, and I think it’s partly the perspective since Connally looks huge, but that photo sure makes it look like a bullet exiting JFK’s throat would hit Connally in the middle of his back. 

2 minutes ago, Richard Price said:

Vince, is the very 1st picture supposed to be real or is it some sort of parody?  It appears to show JFK with Connally to his left in the rear seat and the two women (Jacqueline and Nelly?) in the jump seats.  Doesn't represent the motorcade in Dallas and looks altered.

It was the day before in San Antonio:

May be an image of 11 people, people standing and car

22 minutes ago, David Von Pein said:

Why on Earth would the slightly ajar door make "all bullet trajectories null and void" ?????

That makes no sense whatsoever.

I agree (!). I get a lot of well-meaning but over-the-top amateurs who think they made the discovery of the century.

16 minutes ago, David Von Pein said:

Good points!

5 minutes ago, Mark Knight said:

No way the door would affect bullet trajectories, Vince. Your "amateur" is grasping at straws.

Agreed!