The Education Forum

Will future technology bring us any closer?

T Weier

This is my first post.  If it's in the wrong place, I apologize!  

Is there any cutting edge science coming on the horizon that will help us better evaluate photos, movies, and sound related to the study of the JFK assassination?  Looking impossible for now,  I have hoped for many years that technology would allow us to harvest much more from the Zapruder film.  I am just imagining here, but perhaps a very faint glow from a moving bullet; advance AI (that we can trust) filling in the blanks for crisper images; definitive imaging of vapor/smoke; or thermal imaging all drawn from these old  JFK photos and movies. As witnesses continue to pass on and all government files in their entirety are finally released, it would seem that we will need science more than ever to release hidden evidence. 

Edited by T Weier

11 minutes ago, T Weier said:

Is there any cutting edge science coming on the horizon that will help us better evaluate photos, movies, and sound related to the study of the JFK assassination?  Looking impossible for now,  I have hoped for many years that technology would allow us to harvest much more from the Zapruder film.  I am just imagining here, but perhaps a very faint glow from a moving bullet; advance AI (that we can trust) filling in the blanks for crisper images; definitive imaging of vapor/smoke; or thermal imaging all drawn from these old  JFK photos and movies. As witnesses continue to pass on and all government files in their entirety are finally released, it would seem that we will need science more than ever to release hidden evidence. 

Welcome,

IMO not while such cutting edge technologies are funded by or acquired by the state. MSM being a massively powerful tool In terms of its influence and control of information, is the biggest obstacle in finding truth. A technology may prove something beyond any doubt, but, if there are the top 100 news news outlets all discrediting the technology or its accuracy, or opting not to acknowledge a discovery at all, then it will never be accepted as truth at all. It sounds pessimistic but, until people are willing to think for themselves, and educate themselves better, we are doomed to this culture of trusting MSM unquestioningly. 

Is the magic bullet theory and the condition of the bullet found on the gurney, plus the wounds, not enough? 

4 hours ago, T Weier said:

Good point. There could potentially be the remnants of a bullets shockwave hidden in the Zapruder film.

I've always thought it was very possible in present day, if you had enough time and money and skilled computer guys, to scan every known image of the assassination and digitize it in a computer to either create a complete picture of the assassination as it happened or more likely expose the fact that many of these films and photos have been altered because they don't even agree with each other.

The general rule with analog photography is that resolution increases according to the size of the positive or negative surface on which the image is exposed. The 8mm diameter of the Zapruder frames is on the low side of resolution and is unlikely to reveal any more information than already seen. That said, the presumed original film was scanned in 1997 at very high digital resolution, and so a high-end digital reproduction of each frame does exist (but the reproductions cannot add resolution). This process is detailed in the MPI DVD “Image of an Assassination” which is still offered for sale, or might be found in local library systems.

The 3-D modelling holds more promise, probably, but these efforts will always be stymied to some degree by the unfortunate fact that the wounds on the President were never accurately recorded.

17 hours ago, Chris Barnard said:

Welcome,

IMO not while such cutting edge technologies are funded by or acquired by the state. MSM being a massively powerful tool In terms of its influence and control of information, is the biggest obstacle in finding truth. A technology may prove something beyond any doubt, but, if there are the top 100 news news outlets all discrediting the technology or its accuracy, or opting not to acknowledge a discovery at all, then it will never be accepted as truth at all. It sounds pessimistic but, until people are willing to think for themselves, and educate themselves better, we are doomed to this culture of trusting MSM unquestioningly. 

Is the magic bullet theory and the condition of the bullet found on the gurney, plus the wounds, not enough? 

Sadly, I think you are right about the difficulty of surpassing the control of the powers that be.  Certainly could have been more interest and outcry if CTers had sympathetic ears in MSM.  Interesting that the original CTers were of the liberal persuasion fighting The Man.  CTers of the current generation are still fighting The Man, only now The Man is elderly liberals from the 60/70s! 

For sure, we have a lot of evidence already that has not been explained away with counter evidence!  

Edited by T Weier

23 minutes ago, Jeff Carter said:

The general rule with analog photography is that resolution increases according to the size of the positive or negative surface on which the image is exposed. The 8mm diameter of the Zapruder frames is on the low side of resolution and is unlikely to reveal any more information than already seen. That said, the presumed original film was scanned in 1997 at very high digital resolution, and so a high-end digital reproduction of each frame does exist (but the reproductions cannot add resolution). This process is detailed in the MPI DVD “Image of an Assassination” which is still offered for sale, or might be found in local library systems.

The 3-D modelling holds more promise, probably, but these efforts will always be stymied to some degree by the unfortunate fact that the wounds on the President were never accurately recorded.

The low resolution is sure a problem unless something new can be developed (haha).   It's been 25 years since the last scan....would an even higher end reproduction today give us anything more?  Of course using the original film. 

Thanks for the tip on the MPI DVD.   Also, is this the best we have available right now online? https://www.assassinationresearch.com/zfilm/