The Education Forum

Connally Doc: "Bullet is in the leg, it hasn't been removed"

Gil Jesus

On 1/2/2023 at 3:19 PM, Tommy Tomlinson said:

And a whole bunch of carcano bullets went through human wrists and 100% were smashed. If human beings were made out of pine or drywall, or melons, or whatever the Hell else those guys were basing their science on (It's years since I saw that nonsense on Youtube... did they cover "Jet Theory Head Explosions" by shooting fruit in that one? I know they were in with the guy who came up with that stuff...) then maybe their tests carry some forensic value.

But unless you think that shooting wood is more indicative of what a bullet does to a human wrist than shooting  a whole bunch of human wrists, I'm afraid no amount of plank shooting carries any relevance to anything other than a discussion on what bullets do to wood..

And if you DO think that shooting wood IS more indicative, then we've reached the point where I'm afraid we simply operate of different planes of thinking.

Hi

Edited by Lance Payette

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Lance Payette said:

I'm a retired lawyer, trained in critical thinking, who has no emotional involvement in the JFKA and just tries to go where the evidence and logic lead him.

I am just going to call out the obvious here; you do have an emotional involvement here. It's your bruised ego that keeps you posting. Otherwise, why would you be here posting and coming back for more punishment?  🙂 

The sad or curious reality for people who subscribe to the Warren Commission findings is; their trust in government is so strong that they assume that the government findings must be right, that all those competent people have a slam dunk. The troubling thing is that once they delve into the evidence, they realise that WC version of events is the long shot (to put it politely), it's the entirely improbable and incomplete. They end up arguing from the weakest of positions, desperately clutching at straws. 

7 hours ago, Lance Payette said:

I don't think shooting wood, as in "Cold Case JFK," is indicative of anything more than that I was impressed a Carcano bullet could pass through 36" of pine and emerge undcathed. I suggested nothing more. But I certainly have riled up you folks, haven't I? But then again, cultists of all sorts are so easily riled up, aren't they?

Edgewood Arsenal fired directly into human cadaver wrists, just in case you missed that salient fact. They weren't trying to duplicate CE 399. No one is surprised those bullets were deformed more than CE 399.

You are surely aware that Dr. Alfred G. Olivier of Edgewood Arsenal testified extensively before the WC in a manner consistent with the SBT, Warren Commission, Volume V: Dr. Alfred G. Olivier (history-matters.com). (Yes, we know, he was a preprogrammed shill, selected by the WC because Dr. Dolce would've blown the SBT out of the water. Yawn.)

Oh, we do indeed "operate on different planes of thinking." You are a conspiracy cultist. I'm a retired lawyer, trained in critical thinking, who has no emotional involvement in the JFKA and just tries to go where the evidence and logic lead him.

No one was surprised because that's what happens when a bullet goes through a thick heavy bone. What remains surprising in the speed with which people will fall in line behind the idea that on this ONE special occasion, the planets aligned, Kennedy ran over 13 black cats, and drove through a mirror shop, and somehow CE399 DIDN'T do anything when sent on its tumbling, fragment depositing, bone shattering trajectory..

I'm not sure you understand the purpose of the tests conducted at Edgewood. They weren't shot through human wrists just to see what would happen to sell a pet theory.

They did it specifically to use science to best simulate conditions in order to TEST the theory that CE399 went through two human bodies and a human wrist and maintained its structural integrity. Since no one in their right mind is going to try and create controlled conditions that simulate the alleged path of the magic bullet, they broke it down into parts.

They, as we all do, knew that a bullet could pass through two humans. (Despite the accusations against Cyril Wecht...).

The big issue was "could it do to a human wrist what the Specter story needed it do and remain in the condition in which it was presented to the Commission?" So they got the top man in his field to check that out. He ran the controlled scientific tests with no tin foil hat on his head, just the goal of achieving the science, and maintaining his reputation... and came to the conclusion that it was physically impossible. Not just unlikely or improbable. PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE. Do you understand how definitive a result has to be for an actual PROPER scientist to make that statement? 

So he was redacted from the report.

That was when Olivier DID stepped in and indeed testified to the Warren Commission.

The 7 old men on the Commission were not exactly au fait with the science of wound ballistics and liked straight talk, and no one should criticise them for a lack of such expertise... that's WHY you bring on the experts after all. But the problem with Olivier et al, was that after a few sessions of "preliminary" talks with Arlen Specter, the testimony they gave in explaining the results was at serious odds with the results themselves, and seriously at odds with what Dolce had concluded.

Which was the reason Dolce became so angry. They showed the Warren Commission a picture of a dog, and told them it was a cat! At the behest of... Arlen Specter.

If you are dismissing Dolce, and giving credence and support to the work of of the likes of Haag and Sturdivan, the barrel you are scraping is just about ready to give way.

It would be like me saying, "Well... Bill Hicks said that it was a conspiracy, so it must have been!" the only difference being that Bill was TRYING to be funny rather than it happening as a result of doing such a bad job of trying to be serious.

12 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

THROUGH THIRTY-SIX 1" PINE BOARDS... AND REMAINED COMPLETELY UNDEFORMED?

NOW THE PINE BOARD TARGET IS A YARD THICK?

UNTIL I HEAR SOME OTHER CREDIBLE BALLISTIC EXPERT AUTHORITY STATE A CARCANO BULLET GOING THROUGH THAT MUCH WOOD ( EVEN SOFT WOOD LIKE PINE ) WITHOUT ANY DEFORMITY, I CAN'T ACCEPT THAT PROCLAMATION.

Joe,

It's a parlor trick. Fire a bullet into a block of soft pine wood of uniform density. It breaks the surface and enters the wood. What is it supposed to do then? It can't become deformed because the pine surrounding it keeps it from expanding laterally. The only thing it can do is travel straight through it till all the kinetic energy has converted to heat from the friction.

48 minutes ago, Sandy Larsen said:

Joe,

It's a parlor trick. Fire a bullet into a block of soft pine wood of uniform density. It breaks the surface and enters the wood. What is it supposed to do then? It can't become deformed because the pine surrounding it keeps it from expanding laterally. The only thing it can do is travel straight through it till all the kinetic energy has converted to heat from the friction.

BUMP