The Education Forum

R.I.P. Richard Belzer

W. Niederhut

15 hours ago, Michaleen Kilroy said:

Yes I think we’re in agreement. We can argue whether Trump is Putin’s puppet but your larger point that a POTUS’ stance on JFKA determines what happens to their presidency does not seem far-fetched to me any longer.

The CIA is an unelected branch of American govt that appears to have ultimate power in this country. 

Thanks for your comments. 

Given that President Biden is essentially proposing putting JFK records into the vault permanently...I think we are justified in suspecting, or conjecturing, that any President who wants to reveal or see the JFK records has put his presidency in peril....

Can I prove this? No.

It is likely? Well....

15 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

.I think we are justified in suspecting, or conjecturing, that any President who wants to reveal or see the JFK records has put his presidency in peril....

Why? what is the worst that could happen to the CIA?

Let's go all the way with your projected CIA fear, Ben.
Let's say the CIA -Dulles and co.  (but of course we don't absolutely know that!) is exposed as being behind the successful plot.

What is the worst that could happen?

Ben said:

Egads...even if it turns out that the truth is "only" that LHO was a CIA asset...that would mean the agency had been lying for 60 years and the official, august WC was a hoax. 

US Presidents, at least, acceded to the hoax and look like intel-state puppets, one after the other. 

No one in the federal government wants such a huge loss in credibility as that. Washington as a laughing stock and creep city. 

If Dulles was shown to have directed the JFKA---I would expect the agency to be disbanded. 

The M$M would have to acknowledge the largest journalism failure in all history. 

No, this won't mean the shelves would go unstocked at your local Ralph's. Life would go on. 

But, man oh man....

Ben:US Presidents, at least, acceded to the hoax and look like intel-state puppets, one after the other. 

Kirk: You're making a number of assumptions there. What proof would there necessarily be that every President knew?. So you're assuming every head of the CIA actually knew the agency killed JFK, and you actually think all of the Presidents  were briefed on that when they came to office?

Ben: No one in the federal government wants such a huge loss in credibility as that. Washington as a laughing stock and creep city. 

Kirk:Not everyone in the U.S. is 70 years old Ben.

If your in the department of the Treasury, Commerce, Labor, Health education and welfare,( whatever that is now. ) Why would it effect you at all?. The only people it would effect is the CIA, and some security agencies,. But even they don't share any blame! There's been 3 generations.Ben!

You're dramatizing the reaction like you're a kid in the 60's. Isn't  it just 20% of the total population that is over 60?

Washington is already sort of a laughing stock and a creepy city. So what?

Ben: Dulles was shown to have directed the JFKA---I would expect the agency to be disbanded

Kirk:  Ok, and what would that in reality mean?

A lot of it will stay the same. 90% of it's employees will still have their jobs. Maybe they'll appoint a new head. Make some structural changes. Maybe they'll just change the name, and  get the rid of people in the top posts? But of course , why even do that?. They were the ones to come forward and release the truth after 60 years!. Anybody that  could once be held responsible, is long dead.,

It's not going to change their agenda one iota, and end the new Cold War!. They'll just become more regulated, tighten appropriations, and have more safeguards to avoid overreach. Hopefully, it will be better!
It's a positive thing! But why would people go to the lengths you suggest, strong arming a President to reduce him? Maybe if they were covering up 50 years ago. But nobody's to blame! I guarantee nobody's going to say now they approved of it!!  Who could possibly shoulder such  blame that they would go to the ruthless ends you suggest?