The Education Forum

R.I.P. Richard Belzer

W. Niederhut

Just heard that comedian/actor Richard Belzer has died.

I read his book, Hit List, several years ago, when I first got interested in studying the JFK assassination.

Not a literary masterpiece, but it probably generated public interest in the cover up of the JFK assassination.

Was this pop history book ever reviewed at Kennedys and King?

Amazon.com: Hit List: An In-Depth Investigation into the Mysterious Deaths of Witnesses to the JFK Assassination eBook : Belzer, Richard, Wayne, David, Charnin, Richard: Kindle Store

2 hours ago, Gerry Down said:

I remember watching one of his presentations promoting his JFK book a few years ago. Sad to hear of his passing.

RIP

I saw him do one, and he noted my Coup D’Etat trading card deck, sitting on his table, in his intro. 

3 minutes ago, Paul Brancato said:

I saw him do one, and he noted my Coup D’Etat trading card deck, sitting on his table, in his intro. 

Paul--

Speaking of "coups," I am thinking of this storyline:

1. JFKA...a "hard" coup. 

2. Nixon removal. A "soft" coup 

3. Trump: A regime-change op. 

-----

This does make Nixon and Trump into great presidents, as I contend JFK was. 

It is just a deduction on the Deep State, major political parties and the M$M work. 

Relevant to this forum: Nixon wanted the "Bay of Pigs" files. Soon, the Watergate was burgled, in spectacularly bad fashion, by five CIA operatives, and Nixon got blamed. Nixon never sees the Bay of Pigs files. Nixon asked Helms to say the CIA did the Watergate deed, and Helms refused. Nixon leaves office...and Ford (of the WC) takes command. Not Spiro Agnew. 

Then, decades later, Trump says he will release the JFK records...then Trump backs down, but moves release date into in his second term. He has leverage? He thought. There is endless and baseless intel-M$M-mongering that Trump is beholden to Putin, or raped a woman in a department store, etc. 

One conclusion: The JFK Records are radioactive. To mention releasing the records, or to even want to see them, means the President has to go. No one can have leverage over the CIA. It works the other way around. 

Hit List makes me think of the FBI and the HSCA.  It's where I first read of 6 top level FBI agents dying within 6 months of each other, all "prior to their scheduled testimony."

I had already read about Roselli in the oil drum, Giancana and De Mohrenschildt's suicide as well as David Morales.

While not delving into all of them it does mention "Several important figures in the CIA died before they could give evidence to the HSCA."  Sheffield Edwards, Bill Harvey, William Pawley, Morales, Thomas Karamessines, Win Scott, and John Paisley.

Taken all together in the bigger picture a bit suspicious.  The man had a point.

4 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Paul--

Speaking of "coups," I am thinking of this storyline:

1. JFKA...a "hard" coup. 

2. Nixon removal. A "soft" coup 

3. Trump: A regime-change op. 

-----

This does make Nixon and Trump into great presidents, as I contend JFK was. 

It is just a deduction on the Deep State, major political parties and the M$M work. 

Relevant to this forum: Nixon wanted the "Bay of Pigs" files. Soon, the Watergate was burgled, in spectacularly bad fashion, by five CIA operatives, and Nixon got blamed. Nixon never sees the Bay of Pigs files. Nixon asked Helms to say the CIA did the Watergate deed, and Helms refused. Nixon leaves office...and Ford (of the WC) takes command. Not Spiro Agnew. 

Then, decades later, Trump says he will release the JFK records...then Trump backs down, but moves release date into in his second term. He has leverage? He thought. There is endless and baseless intel-M$M-mongering that Trump is beholden to Putin, or raped a woman in a department store, etc. 

One conclusion: The JFK Records are radioactive. To mention releasing the records, or to even want to see them, means the President has to go. No one can have leverage over the CIA. It works the other way around. 

Too much public evidence Trump himself gave that he’s in Putin’s pocket - asking Russia for DNC emails, private conversations, Putin’s man in Oval Office day after election, Trump supporting Ukraine invasion, not to mention his attempted blackmail of Zelensky… on and on.

But your main point I agree with. You don’t get elected or stay elected POTUS unless you prove your servitude to the CIA regarding JFKA.

I think the files, if they ever see the light of day, will be a major quake here and around the world. 

Edited by Michaleen Kilroy

1 hour ago, Michaleen Kilroy said:

Too much public evidence Trump himself gave that he’s in Putin’s pocket - asking Russia for DNC emails, private conversations, Putin’s man in Oval Office day after election, Trump supporting Ukraine invasion, not to mention his attempted blackmail of Zelensky… on and on.

But your main point I agree with. You don’t get elected or stay elected POTUS unless you prove your servitude to the CIA regarding JFKA.

I think the files, if they ever see the light of day, will be a major quake here and around the world. 

MK-

Thanks for your comments. 

Like I said, my post is not about the merits of the Trump regime-change op, or of Trump himself.

My post is about whether it happened.

It may be, as you say, Trump was a Putin stooge (I disagree, but let that go). 

It may also be that Trump was a non-interventionist or non-globalist, thus irritating power globalist forces. 

But add on op, Trump said he would open up the JFK Files and was seeking re-election. Danger. 

You may be interested in this: 

https://www.cjr.org/special_report/trumped-up-press-versus-president-ed-note.php

A four-part series on the Russiagate hoax, by an independent source. 

Looking at the situation as JFK researchers, and knowing of Op. Mockingbird and so on....

Just food for thought, and IMHO....

4 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

My post is about whether it happened.

Yes I think we’re in agreement. We can argue whether Trump is Putin’s puppet but your larger point that a POTUS’ stance on JFKA determines what happens to their presidency does not seem far-fetched to me any longer.

The CIA is an unelected branch of American govt that appears to have ultimate power in this country. 

Edited by Michaleen Kilroy

5 hours ago, Michaleen Kilroy said:

Yes I think we’re in agreement. We can argue whether Trump is Putin’s puppet but your larger point that a POTUS’ stance on JFKA determines what happens to their presidency does not seem far-fetched to me any longer.

The CIA is an unelected branch of American govt that appears to have ultimate power in this country. 

Which is essentially why I think they are still running Coups, such as 2014 Maidan in Ukraine. I know others disagree on that one, but it’s important to realize that we never know what they are doing until some time later, maybe a lot later. 

13 hours ago, Michaleen Kilroy said:

I don't buy that.  That's sort of assuming the average citizen has the same viewpoint as us. The CIA could be defanged or have their power curtailed by Congress, but they don't want to do it and they are under no pressure by their constituents to do it because there's simply no political will in numbers to do it..

13 hours ago, Michaleen Kilroy said:

Not surprisingly, I don't buy that either

1) There's probably nothing left in those files . Sorry Tucker fans, you should have known better!

2)Prior to Tucker. Anybody whose seen those files, says there's no smoking gun.

3)Biden, like Trump isn't really engaged in  the issue and maybe hasn't spent 10 minutes on it. JMO

4) If there's no smoking gun, Why are they blocking the release of the files? Because they can. They have no fear that the content is going to radically change the status quo. And nobody whose been challenged here on that can support that notion with any facts.

The Trump, Biden Pence scandals do help because there is now a public awareness of the over classification of files.

You have 2 alternatives

1) to support Larry's or other's legal actions. or

2)How many people have cared enough to write their their Congress person? I have. I wrote Anna Eshoo and she's come out for the release of the files. I'm not sure if she came out just before I wrote her that letter. But I'm pleased she did.

I don't have the numbers but it's your elected representatives that have the power to effect this equation. Do you think even 10% of formally come out for the release of the files? We hope to get some traction with the Oversight committee, but what a partisan mess that looks like!

As far as identifying a government conspiracy of people who are frightened to death about the release of the JFK files. I don't think that group exists.There are undoubtedly, many more files that they are much more concerned about releasing.  I don't think there's  really any "there" there.. 

This is way down on their priorities. If you're serious, you have to make a concerted effort and at least do the minimum. If you don't want to do that. At least cheer on the people who are making the effort. Otherwise you're going to get the same results you've gotten for 50 years.  JMO

David Talbot wrote on Facebook today:

Richard Belzer, Truth Teller... You wouldn't know it from reading the lengthy New York Times obituary about Richard Belzer, but the late actor and comic wrote a book, "Hit List," about the witnesses who died suddenly and mysteriously when they were called by Congress to testify about the assassination of President Kennedy. The New York Times completely ignored the book when it was published in 2013 -- and the newspaper blacked it out again in Belzer's obit. But it was still a New York Times bestseller.
Belzer believed that the JFK assassination was a horrific stain on our democracy. He also realized that the majority of the American people knew or suspected the terrible truth -- that President Kennedy was killed by national security plotters because he opposed their lucrative Cold War racket. This major disconnect between the establishment "facts" about the case and reality has led to a deep erosion of public trust in authority.
This is what Belzer had to say to Politico when his book came out:
“The reason I wrote ‘Hit List’ is the 50 mysterious deaths of witnesses to the JFK assassination. We’re talking about CIA agents, FBI agents, reporters, people who had foreknowledge or people who spoke too much afterward. And if anyone has any doubt — which I doubt — of a conspiracy, the reasons we did this book is this proves why would they kill all these people if there’s no conspiracy?”
Yes, like the Times reported, Belzer was cool, talented, and audacious. He was also brave enough to tell the truth about President Kennedy.