The Education Forum

MAINSTREAM COOLER - For those who believe mainstream contemporary facts.

Sandy Larsen

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Doug, This is a real unique situation because now. They have 3 very good candidates , Adam Schiff, Katie Porter and Barbara Lee( who in case others don't know was the only person to vote against going into Afghanistan after 911, whatever you may think of that) all in the same race to fill Diane Feinstein's seat.

I think Adam Schiff , with his high profile leadership in the Trump impeachments and 1/6 will probably win. Which is great and I'd be very satisfied with, But I do also like Katie Porter.

Jamie Dimond, head of JP Morgan Chase is considered a rock star among the corporate CEO's and the Wall Street waits with bated breathe at his every comment. This is priceless!

Doug, I've seen a few mentions in videos of Pee Wee Herman from you. I was a big fan, having first seen him  on David Letterman in the early 80's. My Daughter also loved him. When she was 6, we went to see him. Because of connections I had to the SF comedy scene , we were able to go back stage and meet him! He was dressed normally in a t-shirt and jeans didn't  act in character when we met him, but was very cool to her! A memory for the rest of our lives!

These are all the clips from his appearances on Letterman in the early 80's. He was an incredible talent! IMO

Both Adam Schiff and Katie Porter would be great U.S. Senators.

So would Pee-wee Herman if he were still with us. He truly was an original. 

Doug, I retrieved  this summation  segment as what I remember as  Adam Schiff's finest hour at the first Trump impeachment trial  involving Ukraine and Zelensky.

The segment starts at 21:00. But he comes off very prophetic at 23:16.

Taking a quote from The Big Leibowski, Schiff says of Trump.

You're not wrong, you're just an asshole!

On 10/4/2023 at 2:01 AM, Kirk Gallaway said:

Doug, I retrieved  this summation  segment as what I remember as  Adam Schiff's finest hour at the first Trump impeachment trial  involving Ukraine and Zelensky.

The segment starts at 21:00. But he comes off very prophetic at 23:16.

Taking a quote from The Big Leibowski, Schiff says of Trump.

You're not wrong, you're just an asshole!

I listened to his entire closing impeachment speech. He is a true statesman, and we need him in the Senate. He is a fighter.

My first job after being graduated from Georgetown U. in 1960 was to work with Charles Edison, who lived in the Towers of the Waldorf-Astoria. He was Sec. of the Navy under President Roosevelt, and later governor of New Jersey. When I worked with him, he was chairman of the McGraw-Edison Company. He was an ardent supporter of Senator Barry Goldwater and told me that he admired Goldwater because "he is Jewish, which means he is a fighter." Gov. Edison's political philosophy was that the American Eagle needs two strong wings, a liberal one and a conservative one, if it is to fly straight. In those days Conservatism did not exist in American politics. This ideal is not a viable one today.

Charles Edison, son of Thomas Edison, and I never dreamed that awakening the dormant conservatives by energizing a Conservative Movement in 1960 would turn out to be a modern-day nightmare in which today's evolved "conservatives" harbor an admiration of Putin and have no use for our Constitution and our Democracy.

Edited by Douglas Caddy

I had never heard of Patrick McHenry until yesterday.

According to Wikipedia, he launched his political career with the College Republicans, then worked for Karl Rove.

I don't fault him for being vertically challenged, but he has a history of inappropriately insulting Senator Elizabeth Warren in the House and, now, Nancy Pelosi.

Sounds like a smaller, thinner version of incel Rush Limbaugh with a bow tie.

giphy.gif

Edited by W. Niederhut

1 hour ago, Matt Allison said:

100%

And, today, Trump is insulting his former Chief of Staff, General John Kelly, after Kelly recently reminded the public of Trump's history of disparaging U.S. veterans, including those wounded and killed in action.

Trump just announced that Kelly is, "dumb."

Apparently, Trump only hires the best dummies.