The Education Forum

MAINSTREAM COOLER - For those who believe mainstream contemporary facts.

Sandy Larsen

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, Douglas Caddy said:

Doug,

You do realize, don't you, that that is the New York Post you're citing? Not the Washington Post?

The New York Post is a right-wing rag that I see has printed yet another unsubstantiated anti-Biden claim. Unsourced hearsay from an anonymous alleged person, supposedly a Democrat.

I challenge you to find that supposed Biden quote on a reputable newspaper.

1 hour ago, Sandy Larsen said:

William,

Because of the way Biden has handled the situation, he has Netanyahu's ear and is able to influence his decisions to some extent. Had his administration voted for the UN resolution to stop the bombing, Biden likely would have lost that ability. And Biden would have nothing to show for it (other than approval from his anti-Netanyahu critics) because Netanyahu would have ignored the resolution. Just like he has no-doubt ignored some of Biden's private advice and requests.

Biden is doing what he thinks is best for the long-term stability of the region, not so he can get re-elected. Good for him.

Honestly If you're making a case that  Biden really knows what's going on, Sandy has some good points. 
Let me list some of things Biden is up against.
Even though Netanyahu isn't popular and won't be voted out until this situation at least stabilizes. You can argue Biden is dealing with what is. That is a right wing government in Israel. 

You'd hope  that any wise administration knew we were eventually going to engineer a 180 degree turn from Biden's unconditional support of Israel, as Israel decimates Gaza inciting greater  worldwide protest. Biden has to look like he's first  honoring the U.S. alliance with Israel, but he's monitoring events on the ground and coming to a conclusion based on facts, and revising his  judgment. The only problem is that takes time and in the meantime people are suffering and dying.

Obama might be the best President to have. It would be interesting to see his rhetoric and how much further we'd be in our opposition to Israel's aggression  right  now.

But it's complicated in the U.S. and Obama would be getting a lot of resistance from Congress! Because even right now, as far as pressuring for a cease fire, we look bad in the world because even Bernie Sanders is not asking for that! But I assume he eventually will. But there a lot of hawks in  Congress who are super pro Israel!

I don't know how we got started  giving Israel 4 billion a year for Defense, particularly when their standard of living is  higher than ours. But the truth is even if the U.S. threatened that yearly aid, Israel would still be able to prosecute their war.

And the truth is, we are a hawkish country. Though I don't think that reflects the popular will. Is there an opportunity now to shift public opinion through organized protest as we eventually did with the Vietnam War, but we missed before GW Bush's War in Iraq?

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

38 minutes ago, Sandy Larsen said:

Doug,

You do realize, don't you, that that is the New York Post you're citing? Not the Washington Post?

The New York Post is a right-wing rag that I see has printed yet another unsubstantiated anti-Biden claim. Unsourced hearsay from an anonymous alleged person, supposedly a Democrat.

I challenge you to find that supposed Biden quote on a reputable newspaper.

Obama Privately Voiced Concerns That Joe Biden Could 'F--- Things up' (businessinsider.com)

15 minutes ago, Douglas Caddy said:

It sounds like something that may have been leaked, but you don't know.

Of course, keep in mind Doug. Ben says Business insider is CIA "Operation mockingbird".

So the CIA is with us on this one?    

Maybe they're not so bad after all!

heh heh

But keep in mind, Obama knowing well that Congress would not be behind him if he as Prez was to go completely down on Netanyahu, would probably bite his tongue. That's been his history. To go with the white establishment.

1)People don't know. He was given his choice to either forgive the loans of the people or the banks in the sub prime crisis and he chose the banks. But that's not a completely cut and dry issue.

2)People also don't know. He didn't have the courage and adopted Bush's "surge" in the Iraq War and inserted troops to their all time high number during his administration, but left fewer troops than when he started, but that was after 8 years!

The dude is black.

The Prez is white.

Together they learn- to read and write

And that's outta sight!

or if you prefer:

Ba-rack is black.

Old Joe is white

heh heh a joke!

41 minutes ago, Douglas Caddy said:

I don't recall if I pointed this out before, but the United States is currently at war with Iran and Russia. It just isn't obvious because they are proxy wars, with Israel-Hamas and Ukraine being the proxies, respectively. (Israel being our proxy and Hamas being Iran's proxy.)

2 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

It sounds like something that may have been leaked, but you don't know.

Of course, keep in mind Doug. Ben says Business insider is CIA "Operation mockingbird".

So the CIA is with us on this one?    

Maybe they're not so bad after all!

heh heh

But keep in mind, Obama knowing well that Congress would not be behind him if he as Prez was to go completely down on Netanyahu, would probably bite his tongue. That's been his history. To go with the white establishment.

1)People don't know. He was given his choice to either forgive the loans of the people or the banks in the sub prime crisis and he chose the banks. But that's not a completely cut and dry issue.

2)People also don't know. He didn't have the courage and adopted Bush's "surge" in the Iraq War and inserted troops to their all time high number during his administration, but left fewer troops than when he started, but that was after 8 years!

The dude is black.

The Prez is white.

Together they learn- to read and write

And that's outta sight!

or if you prefer:

Ba-rack is black.

Old Joe is white

heh heh a joke!

Business Insider is quoting Politico. It is unlikely both are CIA affiliated even though Ben dubiously may claim.

5 hours ago, Douglas Caddy said:

Business Insider is quoting Politico.

We don't know if Obama actually said what the anonymous source told Politico. But for a moment suppose he did. Let's read the article so we can put it in context:

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/01/17/biden-plays-the-obama-card-100520

Quoting from the article, which was written during the 2020 primaries:

Those who have spoken to Obama about Biden have issued conflicting accounts about whether Obama wanted him to run, with some saying the former president approved — especially because Biden is running on a platform of unabashedly furthering his legacy — to those who said Obama wasn’t enthusiastic.

One Democrat who is neutral in the 2020 race and spoke to Obama about Biden’s gaffe-prone nature recalled the former president saying: “Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f--k things up.”

We see that people were giving their opinions on what Obama thought about Biden's presidential run. When Obama said what he allegedly did about Biden screwing things up, he was talking about Biden's gaffes., which he is famous for. To me it sounds like Obama was making a light-hearted joke.

As Steve has touched upon.

Have you  heard some of Trump's fascist retribution plans if becomes President again?

They are running it by Steve Bannon here and he's completely in favor!

He's even turning orange!

Let's expose this sh-t and cut it off at the pass!

Ex Republican strategist Tim Miller confronting Kari Lake.

Yes you're fos!

- Donald Trump -

"MY FANTASY... I WOULD LIKE TO SEE LITITIA [SIC] JAMES AND JUDGE ENGORON PLACED UNDER CITIZENS ARREST FOR BLATANT ELECTION INTERFERENCE AND HARASSMENT."

This is a clarion call to militia group and Sovereign Citizen types.

Trump needs to be in jail.

Steve Thomas