The Education Forum

MAINSTREAM COOLER - For those who believe mainstream contemporary facts.

Sandy Larsen

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Douglas Caddy said:

6 charges gone, and only 35 charges remaining.

But, why on earth is Trump now, apparently, getting away with his "perfect phone call" to Brad Raffensperger?

What does Fani Willis's private life have to do with Trump's extortionist phone call demanding 12,000 votes?

"Bombing" Bibi Netanyahu has, evidently, crossed Biden's red line in Rafah.

Several reported killed, injured in Israeli strike on UNRWA warehouse in Rafah City

Palestinian journalists have shared footage documenting people bringing in victims of an Israeli bombing on central Rafah to the Kuwaiti Hospital.

The journalists say an UNRWA aid distribution centre was shelled in Rafah City. The footage, which has been verified by Al Jazeera, shows people being evacuated in vehicles bearing the UNRWA logo.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/liveblog/2024/3/13/israels-war-on-gaza-live-netanyahu-vows-to-finish-the-job-in-rafah

Edited by W. Niederhut

7 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

6 charges gone, and only 35 charges remaining.

But, why on earth is Trump now, apparently, getting away with his "perfect phone call" to Brad Raffensperger?

What does Fani Willis's private life have to do with Trump's extortionist phone call demanding 12,000 votes?

Since I posted this Guardian article, things have gotten worse for Willis and for the case being properly prosecuted. If she is removed, which may happen tomorrow, who would want to step forward as the new prosecutor in this legal mess?

52 minutes ago, Douglas Caddy said:

Since I posted this Guardian article, things have gotten worse for Willis and for the case being properly prosecuted. If she is removed, which may happen tomorrow, who would want to step forward as the new prosecutor in this legal mess?

I'd be interested in legal opinions on this case, Doug.  McAfee dropping charges doesn't seem to pass the sniff test.

For one thing, isn't it the prerogative of the DA to press or drop charges?

4F5OTHY3EJHGVBFVWEHBYD7J2Q.jpg

This case is moving so fast that I cannot not offer a legal opinion as to where it will go. I will say that Trump's modus operandi has always been to use his private detectives and willing members of law enforcement to find compromising information on those he opposes. Willis walked into this. She was not prepared for the big time.

Very cool!, In these   hearings where Hur, the Special Counsel  who oversaw the Biden probe is being questioned about unnecessary conclusions he drew about Biden's cognitive  decline in his report, the Democrats sneak in a couple of Trump gaffe reels on the house floor!.

I think despite their braggadocio about polls, Trump and Co. are well aware that if the election was held tomorrow, Trump would lose, and lose by a lot. Unfortunately that means all good Americans must prepare themselves for various forms of evil to be unleashed in order to attempt to change the outcome of the election.

That Trump will claim the election was rigged and contest the results is a given; what is more ominous to contemplate is what will be planned prior to Election Day. There are no two men on this earth right now that are more desperate than Trump and Putin, so this summer's catastrophes could run the gamut: everything from planned riots at the DNC convention in Chicago, to a Putin-engineered terrorist attack or nuclear incident. Buckle up.

5 hours ago, Douglas Caddy said:

May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'Assal Rad @AssalRad I'm so tired of Biden officials acting like we're idiots. You can't arm and fund Israel, draw no red lines, veto UN resolutions, reject the ICJ, cut UNRWA funding, ignore international aw. then say you're helping the dire humanitarian crisis you created. People see your lies.'

Congratulations Doug, you are a confirmed target of NIAC, a propaganda organization aligned with the Iranian government. Recall that Iran is the primary supporter of the terrorist organization Hamas.

The author of your post, Assal Rad, is a research fellow of National Iranian American Council (NIAC) which, according to Wikipedia, "is widely viewed as the de-facto 'Iran Lobby' due to its history of lobbying for stances on behalf of, and aligned with, the Islamic Republic of Iran."

According to Iranian dissident Navid Mohebbi, as reported in the article The Mullahs' Minions: Exposing the Iran Lobby in America:

Tehran has been effective at harnessing political divisions in the U.S. to its advantage by exploiting "far-left groups or isolationist right-wing groups" aligned with some of the regime's positions.

The article names NIAC as one of Iran's "lobbies" that has organized a massive network of journalists, academics, public figures, cultural and religious centers, and civil society organizations in America that the Iranian regime effectively influences.

16 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

"Bombing" Bibi Netanyahu has, evidently, crossed Biden's red line in Rafah.

Several reported killed, injured in Israeli strike on UNRWA warehouse in Rafah City

Palestinian journalists have shared footage documenting people bringing in victims of an Israeli bombing on central Rafah to the Kuwaiti Hospital.

The journalists say an UNRWA aid distribution centre was shelled in Rafah City. The footage, which has been verified by Al Jazeera, shows people being evacuated in vehicles bearing the UNRWA logo.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/liveblog/2024/3/13/israels-war-on-gaza-live-netanyahu-vows-to-finish-the-job-in-rafah

The Israelis say they bombed Rafa to kill a Hamas commander who was involved in stealing humanitarian aid and giving it to Hamas operatives.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/strike-on-unrwa-facility-in-rafah-took-out-hamas-commander-who-stole-aid-says-idf/

On 3/12/2024 at 10:49 PM, Matt Allison said:

Are you in Texas, Sandy? Or somewhere down south?

I'm in Utah, which may be even more more red than Texas. But is less dangerous, with little alcohol and fewer guns. :P

I know Biden's support with Hispanics in Red States isn't as high as it should logically be, seeing as Trump wants to round up all brown people and put them in internment camps...

Yeah, exactly!

The Hispanics may have fallen for the MAGA lies.

...but in general I don't think there is an issue there. Trump is going to lose, and it won't be particularly close.

I envy your optimism. I fear developing an ulcer before election day.

17 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

Sandy,

Denver has been swamped with busloads of Venezuelan refugees (from Texas) this year.  These poor guys are out on the street corners here trying to make a few bucks washing windshields.  And the city is cutting back on Parks & Rec services to try to fund emergency shelter and food for the refugees.  

I spoke to a grounds keeper at a local golf course this week who told me that his hours have been redued by the city, because of the budget cuts.

So, some locals are, unfortunately, angry at Biden because of Greg Abbot and Trump's sabotage of the recent bipartisan Senate border bill.

It's merely one aspect of the Trump/MAGA strategy of sabotaging rational governance to engender hostility to Biden.

Yeah, that might explain the Hispanic sentiment.

Another possibility is that the Biden Administration is giving special treatment to refugees and the illegal Mexicans resent it.

5 hours ago, Sandy Larsen said:

The Israelis say they bombed Rafa to kill a Hamas commander who was involved in stealing humanitarian aid and giving it to Hamas operatives.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/strike-on-unrwa-facility-in-rafah-took-out-hamas-commander-who-stole-aid-says-idf/

The Israelis lie constantly. One only has to read the front-page article in today's Wall Street Journal titled, "Detainees from Gaza Say Israelis Stripped and Beat them." Thousands of innocent Gazans from all walks of life were grabbed off the street and detailed by Israel. A number of them recount their barbaric torture. They are the fortunate few that have been released. The article quotes Israeli military leaders are saying torture is never condoned by them.