The Education Forum

MAINSTREAM COOLER - For those who believe mainstream contemporary facts.

Sandy Larsen

7 hours ago, Bill Fite said:

If the Dems run on that list it will be great.  

IMO:  The Democratic Party (especially the Clintonians) hasn't been especially anti-oligarchy pro-labor.  

Bill,

Two words.  Robert Reich.  Reich was Bill Clinton's Secretary of Labor.

I know what you're getting at with the NAFTA thing, but we all know which modern era political party has been the anti-labor (right-to-work) party focused on cutting taxes for billionaires and "Starving the Beastly" proletariats.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

Two words.  Robert Reich.  Reich was Bill Clinton's Secretary of Labor

W - I follow Reich, he is one of the good ones, but didn't Clinton follow the recommendations of his economic team - including Alan Greenspan, the Reagan-appointed chair of the Fed who Clinton reappointed - over Reich's policy recommendations?

I've also seen or  read  an interview with Reich where Reich said that when he went to Clinton with policy proposals Clintons response was 'Don't you understand we are Eisenhower Republicans?'  

Anyway my ideal long-shot-never-gonna-happen Dem presidential ticket would have been Reich & Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.  Two people with integrity w either one as the President.

1 hour ago, Bill Fite said:

Clinton to Reich :Don't you understand we are Eisenhower Republicans?'  

Whew! Really? Eisenhower? It's hard for me to  imagine Clinton not bs'ing himself about that!

I do remember Reich saying something to that effect. He did sort of phase Reich out. Before him, it was the only 12 year period of Republican rule in the post war era. Then he lost all of his nerve when the Newt Gingrich Republican sweep happened.

But if we're including celebrities and sports stars on a Democratic ticket, Bill.  I might have, at one time  put forward Al Franken and Bill Walton, bless his positive soul, RIP!

In the next phase, we'll  need people who had the courage for serious ego death!

And the Dead at the Inaugural Ball!

Inspirational talk in 2020!

And speak of a meeting of the devils!

Bill interviewing Kareem! I like his lead question!

heh heh heh

Kareem:

Memories of Bill Walton: My Rival, My Brother and My Close Friend

https://youtu.be/rp7ntz0uQYA

Edited by Kirk Gallaway