The Education Forum

MAINSTREAM COOLER - For those who believe mainstream contemporary facts.

Sandy Larsen

2 hours ago, Bill Fite said:

yet another musical interlude - nice relaxing until.....

Bill: 10.0 in technique!

That guy is the Simone Biles  of acoustic  guitar jazz!

6 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

Yes, and he wanted to Trade Puerto Rico for Greenland.

That's right Steve, remember Puerto Rico had that hurricane, and Trump made a photo op of tossing out those paper towel rolls?

Then he got resentful that they were one of those "shithole" territories costing us money in relief!

Somebody probably told him about the great deal Lincoln and Seward made purchasing Alaska.

And he seriously asked Denmark to make a swap!

Trump figured he'd melt the polar icecaps and then be able to mine Greenland for yet more oil and other raw materials.

Taylor Swift is careful not to endorse Harris. WhyTF? She can fill any stadium in any major city in the world!

Some of my families kids fly their kids 500 miles to attend a Swift  concert with them the way my parents use to drive us to Disneyland!

Hasn't she got enough money and followers already?

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8/17/2024 at 8:21 PM, Douglas Caddy said:

May be an image of text that says '#1 Songs 1957 1."Singing the Blues"- Guy Mitchell 2. "Too Much"- Elvis Presley 3. "Young Love"- Tab Hunter "Party Doll"- Buddy Knox 5. "Round and Round"- Perry Como 6. "All Shook Up"- Elvis Presley 7. "Love Letters in the Sand"- Pat Boone 8. (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear"- Elvis Presley 9. "Tammy"- Debbie Reynolds 10. "Diana"- Paul Anka 11. 'That'll Be the Day"- The Crickets 12. "Honeycomb"- Jimmy Rogers 13. "Wake Up Little Susie"- The Everly Brothers 14. "Jailhouse Rock/Treat Me Nice" Ejviş Presley 15. "You Send Me"- Sam Cooke 16. "April Love"- Pat Boone'

Doug, I think it was because I had older brothers. I know every one of these!

Let's speed ahead years. This is the top 10 for April 4th 1964.

This was as result of a period of Beatlemania over the previous 4 months where the American public was acquainting itself with  Beatle songs that had been released in 1963.

I remember first hearing Please Please Me, in I think it was the Spring in 1963 and being impressed with the unusual style and chord changes, but I didn't know they were British.

US Top 40 Singles for the Week Ending 4th April, 1964

This week, for the first time ever, one artist held the entire Top 5 chart positions. The Beatles filled up these spots with their singles; “Can’t Buy Me Love”, “Twist And Shout”, “She Loves You”, “I Want To Hold Your Hand” and “Please Please Me” 

TW LW TITLE –•– Artist (Label)-Weeks on Chart (Peak To Date)

1 27 CAN’T BUY ME LOVE –•– The Beatles (Capitol)-2 (1 week at #1) (1)
2 3 TWIST AND SHOUT –•– The Beatles (Tollie)-4 (2)
3 1 SHE LOVES YOU –•– The Beatles (Swan)-11 (1)
4 2 I WANT TO HOLD YOUR HAND –•– The Beatles (Capitol)-12 (1)
5 4 PLEASE PLEASE ME –•– The Beatles (Vee-Jay)-10 (3)
6 7 SUSPICION –•– Terry Stafford (Crusader)-7 (6)
7 8 HELLO, DOLLY! –•– Louis Armstrong (Kapp)-8 (7)
8 16 THE SHOOP SHOOP SONG (It’s In His Kiss) –•– Betty Everett (Vee-Jay)-6 (8)
9 9 MY HEART BELONGS TO ONLY YOU –•– Bobby Vinton (Epic)-6 (9)
10 10 GLAD ALL OVER –•– The Dave Clark Five (Epic)-8 (10)

The Daily Beast is reporting today that RFK,Jr.'s running mate, Nicole Shanahan, has suggested that RFK, Jr. join forces with the Trump campaign, to avoid undermining Trump's candidacy.

WTF?

4 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

Chicago Hot Dog Shop Selling 3" Donald Trump Wieners During DNC (thealtmedia.com)

I ate at Weiner Circle A LOT in the 90s after raucous nights out. The burgers are also fantastic and the cheese fries use real Wisconsin cheddar, not that canned fake stuff. Mui delicious.

54 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

The Daily Beast is reporting today that RFK,Jr.'s running mate, Nicole Shanahan, has suggested that RFK, Jr. join forces with the Trump campaign, to avoid undermining Trump's candidacy.

WTF?

I mean, the Kennedy family warned us, didn't they? He clearly does not surround himself with good people.