The Education Forum

MAINSTREAM COOLER - For those who believe mainstream contemporary facts.

Sandy Larsen

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MAGA attacks on Kamala Harris' stepdaughter threaten to backfire on Donald Trump

By Amanda Marcotte

https://www.salon.com/2024/08/27/maga-on-kamala-harris-stepdaughter-threaten-to-backfire-on-donald/

There's a real downside to courting the incel vote.

“They want to win over the worst men in the nation by appealing directly to their controlling, misogynist desires. In the process, however, they're creeping everyone else out.”

Steve Thomas

There are no charges, but the 2024 do-nothing MAGA House may still be forced to vote on impeaching Joe Biden.

File this one under, "Can't Make This Stuff Up."  🙄

Biden impeachment backlash builds within House GOP (axios.com)

Ozempic is truly fascinating.  I think Trump has been taking it.

Self-disclosure.  I started taking the old, inexpensive oral hypoglycemic drug, Metformin, about ten years ago.

I lost 30 lbs., almost all in my gut (i.e., greater omentum) and have kept my weight and glucose levels at normal levels for the past 10 years, with Metformin and exercise.

Old studies showed that Metformin increased longevity in mice.

Now look at this incredible GLP-1 data... 😲

Ozempic-like drugs will cure what ails you

This is pretty damn impressive:

A 5-year observational study of ~12,000 individuals with obesity taking GLP-1 drugs (without diabetes) with propensity matched controls
A significant reduction of all-cause mortality (HR 0.23, 95% CI 0.15, 0.34)https://t.co/mbYzzdtOEP pic.twitter.com/4hLCYbm0TS

— Eric Topol (@EricTopol) August 25, 2024

Over the course of five years, obese people in the control group had a 3.5% chance of dying. Similar people in the group that took GLP-1 drugs (like Ozempic) had only a 0.75% chance of dying.

What's more they found that the GLP-1 group had lower risk of ischemic heart disease, heart failure, arrhythmias, hypertension, stroke, atrial fibrillation, acute kidney injury, and allergic reactions.

They're going to start putting this stuff in the water supply before long.