The Education Forum

The Curtain Rod Debacle

Greetings, Gil. A minor quibble. Since no one in the online research community gets paid, our only compensation is credit. I believe it was Alan Ford (of the JFK Assassination Forum) who discovered the problem with the DPD's forms, and brought it to the attention of others, including myself. You might want to mention him when you discuss the forms. Just a thought. 

21 minutes ago, Pat Speer said:

Greetings, Gil. A minor quibble. Since no one in the online research community gets paid, our only compensation is credit. I believe it was Alan Ford (of the JFK Assassination Forum) who discovered the problem with the DPD's forms, and brought it to the attention of others, including myself. You might want to mention him when you discuss the forms. Just a thought. 

Thank You I didn't know that,

17 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

I am not seeing a link to the actual story....

One of the moderators moved my post to another area of the forum without notifying me.

I had to go hunting around to find it.

The worst part about it is that when they do that, you lose the count of how many people actually viewed the post. So you never really get an accurate count.

This is the new link:

https://jfkconspiracyforum.freeforums.net/thread/1615/curtain-rod-debacle?page=1&scrollTo=1716

Edited by Gil Jesus

2 hours ago, Michael Crane said:

I haven't read much,but I do remember hearing that curtain rods with LHO prints were found in the domino room in the TSBD.

Where did you hear this? I have written quite a bit on the subject and have never found any evidence for as much. What I did find--and what Gil discusses--is that it appears there was a set of curtain rods tested by the DPD before any curtain rods were "discovered" in Mrs. Paine's garage. Since the SS agent submitting these to the DPD, John Joe Howlett, was the agent who'd performed a re-enactment in the TSBD a few days after the shooting, for that matter, it is not unreasonable to assume he received the rods at that time. But there's no evidence for it, of which I am aware. 

Edited by Pat Speer

11 minutes ago, Pat Speer said:

Where did you hear this? I have written quite bit on the subject and have never found any evidence for as much. What I did find--and what Gil discusses--is that it appears there was a set of curtain rods tested by the DPD before any curtain rods were "discovered" in Mrs. Paine's garage. Since the SS agent submitting these to the DPD, John Joe Howlett, was the agent who'd performed a re-enactment in the TSBD a few days after the shooting, for that matter, it is not unreasonable to assume he received the rods at that time. But there's no evidence for it, of which I am aware. 

Pat,

I know that you are not a big fan of Groden,but he mentions it in that recent video with him & his wife.

Edited by Michael Crane

32 minutes ago, Michael Crane said:

Pat,

I know that you are not a big fan of Groden,but he mentions it in that recent video with him & his wife.

Let me guess. He says someone told him this in an un-filmed and unrecorded interview decades after the fact, that he never got around to telling people about before the interview subject had died. 

I don't have the best memory.I do remember him saying that he has pictures of a husband and wife in Oswald's room working on curtain rods ( in his book I believe)

Edited by Michael Crane

57 minutes ago, Michael Crane said:

I don't have the best memory.I do remember him saying that he has pictures of a wife and husband in Oswald's room working on curtain rods ( in his book I believe)

To be clear, those pictures were first published by Howard Roffman, and are available on my website and in Gil's article.