The Education Forum

Relevance of John Lennon's assassination -and RFK/MLK -to JFKA

K K Lane

I don't believe John Lenon's assassination was deep state hit. I also love John. But he lived in a bubble. He finally got political largely after it became passe. He died 10 years after "Working class hero" and if you lived through the 70's, you know everything changed. Hoover was dead. John could freely live and travel in the U.S. He was no longer any political threat and would go on Mike Douglas daytime TV with Yoko, present  awards at the Grammies.

The most controversial things he said in the last 5 years of his life were personal recollections, many about the Beatles..

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, Jonathan Cohen said:

This is one of the more embarrassing threads on this forum in recent memory, and that's really saying something ...

Then why not put us on ignore and move on to something worthy of your attention...

Edited by Pamela Brown

10 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

I don't believe John Lenon's assassination was deep state hit. I also love John. But he lived in a bubble. He finally got political largely after it became passe. He died 10 years after "Working class hero" and if you lived through the 70's, you know everything changed. Hoover was dead. John could freely live and travel in the U.S. He was no longer any political threat and would go on Mike Douglas daytime TV with Yoko, present  awards at the Grammies.

The most controversial things he said in the last 5 years of his life were personal recollections, many about the Beatles..

Good points. That being said, why was John still a threat?

On 4/25/2023 at 1:17 PM, Michael Griffith said:

Yes, please move this nuttiness out of the JFKA forum. It's embarrassing. It's bad enough that we have some people peddling 9/11 Truther craziness in this forum. 

Even if what happened to John Lennon may be a Rosetta Stone to what happened to JFK?

5 minutes ago, Pamela Brown said:

Even if what happened to John Lennon may be a Rosetta Stone to what happened to JFK?

There is absolutely ZERO evidence to support such a claim, much like your prior insinuation that Bob Dylan is somehow involved in the assassination too...

On 4/27/2023 at 10:57 AM, Pete Mellor said:

It wasn’t until 1983, when journalist Jim Gaines got to interview Mark Chapman in prison and conducted lengthy audio interviews with him, that Perdomo’s name surfaced to the world. In a subsequent 1987 People magazine article, Gaines wrote:

At the Dakota, Chapman had only the Dakota’s night doorman, José Perdomo, to keep him company. José was an anti-Castro Cuban, and they talked that night of the Bay of Pigs and the assassination of John F. Kennedy.

Directly after the shooting, as public & press began gathering outside on the street, Perdomo stated he did not want to be outside as doorman, and got one of the other Dakota staff to work as doorman.  So Perdomo was never seen or interviewed or photographed by press.

Also, Perdomo was supposed to have given a statement to police and D.A. in N.Y. but this has never seen the light of day.

I don't see how discussing whether or not Perdomo was a factor in the assassination of John Lennon is any different than discussing if Thane Cesar was a factor in the assassination of Bobby Kennedy...

Just now, Jonathan Cohen said:

There is absolutely ZERO evidence to support such a claim, much like your prior insinuation that Bob Dylan is somehow involved in the assassination too...

Your opinion. You are entitled. I disagree.

Bob Dylan is choosing to bring things to light in Murder Most Foul.  

I do think MMF is about more than just JFK.  I think it is also about other assassinations, including that of John Lennon...hence some of the musical references.

Is Bob hinting that he is an 'invisible man' in some of these events? 

10 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

I would counter that by saying; neither of us are aware if Lennon was being surveilled up until the point of his assassination and what information was gleaned from that surveillance. My point being, if he had intentions of making waves in the public domain and the intelligence apparatus deemed that as damaging, or a risk. They may have made a decision on that basis. We would be none the wiser. Its worth considering.   In the same way, I wonder what RFK said privately that he didn’t say publicly in the run up to his assassination. 

None of that means you are wrong or that we are closer to the truth. I do agree that its reasonable to consider his activity in the years and months leading up to his assassination. 

On 5/1/2023 at 11:51 AM, Jonathan Cohen said:

Uhhhh, no. He isn't. And I believe it's beyond absurd to think he is.

So are you saying Dylan does not have more than one level of meaning to his lyrics?

49 minutes ago, Pamela Brown said:

So are you saying Dylan does not have more than one level of meaning to his lyrics?

Hardly. I'm saying that the meaning you're deriving from them, ie., that he somehow has insider knowledge about various political assassinations of the 1960s and may have been involved in them (??!?(, is absolutely absurd and without any evidence to support it.

14 hours ago, Jonathan Cohen said:

Hardly. I'm saying that the meaning you're deriving from them, ie., that he somehow has insider knowledge about various political assassinations of the 1960s and may have been involved in them (??!?(, is absolutely absurd and without any evidence to support it.

Bob secretly married Shirley Navitsky...whom he and Albert Grossman transformed into "Sara Lownds" on 11.22.65

1 hour ago, Pamela Brown said:

Bob secretly married Shirley Navitsky...whom he and Albert Grossman transformed into "Sara Lownds" on 11.22.65

The level to which you are misinformed about this is truly staggering, to say nothing of the unspoken implication you're making. They didn't "transform" her into anything. Her first husband, to whom she was married in 1959, was a New York photographer named Hans Lownds, He was a widow, and his previous wife was named Shirley. He asked if his new bride would change her name, so that he would not need to be reminded daily of the pain of his previous wife's passing. She agreed. She was using this name when she met and later married Dylan. They were together for 13 years and raised five talented, well-adjusted children. The end.

On 4/22/2023 at 4:42 PM, K K Lane said:

I'm not up to speed on RFK's autopsy but I recall Cyril Wecht asserting key inconsistencies between the medical evidence and the official narrative.

RFK was shot point blank behind the ear, while Sirhan was of course shooting from the front.

As I recall, the coroner got suspended or fired for what he reported. The nerve of the guy!

2 minutes ago, Ron Ecker said:

RFK was shot point blank behind the ear, while Sirhan was of course shooting from the front.

As I recall, the coroner got suspended or fired for what he reported. The nerve of the guy!

3” or less from the barrel of a gun, behind him, a contact wound, that’s what Thomas Noguchi reported. Sirhan was never behind RFK and never close enough (3ft from memory). Thane Eugene Cesar seems to have been the killer (security guard behind RFK, RFK has his tie in his hand on the floor).