The Education Forum

It's all fake

4 minutes ago, Leslie Sharp said:

You're not seriously equating yourself with my doctor or my policeman?

Until you convince me otherwise, I presume you're not as "independent" as you would like us to believe.

Transparency builds trust, and I think it's a waste of time to engage with you if I can't trust you are indeed here in good faith. When was the last time you registered to vote in US elections?

In which case, please don’t engage me. Thanks 🙂

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Chris Barnard said:

In which case, please don’t engage me. Thanks 🙂

If your comments catch my attention, and I believe they're worthy of challenge, I will continue to "engage" ... you're not obliged to respond.

2 minutes ago, Leslie Sharp said:

If your comments catch my attention, and I believe they're worthy of challenge, I will continue to "engage" ... you're not obliged to respond.

Bit of a conflict here, Leslie. You sound very mixed up. 

your words: 

“Transparency builds trust, and I think it's a waste of time to engage with you if I can't trust you are indeed here in good faith.” 

2 minutes ago, Chris Barnard said:

Bit of a conflict here, Leslie. You sound very mixed up. 

your words: 

“Transparency builds trust, and I think it's a waste of time to engage with you if I can't trust you are indeed here in good faith.” 

A bit of deflection, Chris?  When was the last time you registered to vote in a US election?

1 minute ago, Leslie Sharp said:

A bit of deflection, Chris?  When was the last time you registered to vote in a US election?

Or pointing out your confusion? 

This highlights your silliness or proclivity to make inane commentaries, Leslie. You are well aware that I am not a US citizen and that I have no eligibility to vote. 
If I could, I’d support RFK Jr. 

@Leslie Sharp  The fact that "calm" can sometimes be manipulative does not mean that it is generally not a good thing to seek. For democracy to work, we generally need to have rational discussions which involves rationale conversation/debate.  We are all like Mr. Spock continuing to balance the emotional component or our brain with the logical, rationale part (the frontal lobes). Hysterical or angry conversation rarely is productive. I'm sure you know that yelling at your spouse is not as effective as explaining how they have hurt or disappointed you.   

As a lawyer, I probably spend half my time trying to protect my clients from their own "animal spirits".  

2 minutes ago, Lawrence Schnapf said:

I'm sure you know that yelling at your spouse is not as effective as explaining how they have hurt or disappointed you.   

But, does she? 😂🤣

31 minutes ago, Chris Barnard said:

Or pointing out your confusion? 

This highlights your silliness or proclivity to make inane commentaries, Leslie. You are well aware that I am not a US citizen and that I have no eligibility to vote. 
If I could, I’d support RFK Jr. 

I wasn't certain, Chris. Thank you for verifying.  Transparency clears the air.  

32 minutes ago, Lawrence Schnapf said:

@Leslie Sharp  The fact that "calm" can sometimes be manipulative does not mean that it is generally not a good thing to seek. For democracy to work, we generally need to have rational discussions which involves rationale conversation/debate.  We are all like Mr. Spock continuing to balance the emotional component or our brain with the logical, rationale part (the frontal lobes). Hysterical or angry conversation rarely is productive. I'm sure you know that yelling at your spouse is not as effective as explaining how they have hurt or disappointed you.   

As a lawyer, I probably spend half my time trying to protect my clients from their own "animal spirits".  

Larry, you may not have followed the exchanges with Chris. When challenged, he resorts to psychoanalysis rather than addressing facts head on.

I'm fairly certain he doesn't pull the "emotion" card from his deck when addressing the male participants in the same conversation.  It's a tactic, and well-worn as no doubt you're aware.  

If you can identify when "animal spirits" have inveigled their way into my particular discourse, let me know?  I must say I'm a bit disappointed you've engaged in "explaining" things to me. 

1 hour ago, Matt Allison said:

Get real; people are being convicted of seditious conspiracy. wtf lol

I believe it was Joe Bauer who recently remarked that Mae Brussell was [paraphrasing] sometimes a bit manic, and I thought, would that more Americans had paid heed to her alarms and those of Carl Oglesby. Would we be here today, parsing whether or not fascism is on our doorstep having marched here from Dallas?

Encouraging "calm" while enthusiastically endorsing, or at best calmly defending, the screeching diatribes of faux journalists like Carlson has allowed rapid acceleration of alt-right extremism in our country since Jan 6. 

And MAGA is preparing to nominate Trump who promises them, "I AM YOUR JUSTICE"?  

wtf indeed!  [exclamation intended.]

Edited by Leslie Sharp

1 hour ago, Leslie Sharp said:

I'm fairly certain he doesn't pull the "emotion" card from his deck when addressing the male participants in the same conversation.

Just ask the males here, you’re incorrect again. It’ll be raised if its an issue, as it often is when people get heated in debate.