The Education Forum

Anyone know this guy...?

8 minutes ago, Joseph Backes said:

Bob,

Okay, great, now where did you get that from?

Joe

ChatGPT but I don't think it's correct. I'm still checking...

11 hours ago, Joseph Backes said:

Looking for info on a CIA guy.  Last name could be Rednar or Fednar, or Pednar.  This is around April 1962.  

Joseph B Pednar? Room 2-F-16, ext 7322.

Thanks

Joe

Joe

Can you post the original section of the document? I'm having a hard time finding anyone in the world with that name. Maybe you have it wrong?

8 hours ago, Bob Ness said:

Joe

Can you post the original section of the document? I'm having a hard time finding anyone in the world with that name. Maybe you have it wrong?

See RIF #104-10169-10123.  His name is in the From section on a small transmittal slip.  His name is what they were hiding for a long time. The first two letters of his last name are very hard to make out. Rednar? Fednar? Bednar? 

Aha! I think I've got it now. 

Joseph B Bednar.  This document from 1971 has his name - RIF#104-10119-10174. And signature

RIF#104-10176-10004 on p. 171 of 241 pages his name appears with his signature.

He had something to do with The SIGNA Society which is a group of retired CIA Security careerists.  He is mentioned in this CIA document from the CIA's CREST site.  

Also here from CREST where he appears to have been a polygraph examiner. 

There's very little online about this guy. 

Joe

12 hours ago, Joseph Backes said:

See RIF #104-10169-10123.  His name is in the From section on a small transmittal slip.  His name is what they were hiding for a long time. The first two letters of his last name are very hard to make out. Rednar? Fednar? Bednar? 

Aha! I think I've got it now. 

Joseph B Bednar.  This document from 1971 has his name - RIF#104-10119-10174. And signature

RIF#104-10176-10004 on p. 171 of 241 pages his name appears with his signature.

He had something to do with The SIGNA Society which is a group of retired CIA Security careerists.  He is mentioned in this CIA document from the CIA's CREST site.  

Also here from CREST where he appears to have been a polygraph examiner. 

There's very little online about this guy. 

Joe

Must be one of the rank and file who kept his head down. I can't find anything on him either. I'm surprised you found anything.