The Education Forum

Sound like a guy who is going to kill the President tomorrow ?

" On that day, ( November 21st ) he suggested that we rent an apartment in Dallas. He said that he was tired of living alone...that if I want to he would rent an apartment in Dallas TOMORROW---that he didn't want me to remain with Ruth any longer, but wanted me to live with him in Dallas."

( testimony of Marina Oswald in 1 H 65-66 )

https://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh1/html/WC_Vol1_0039b.htm

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW, that is what the money was for that he left.

For renting a place of their own.

5 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

BTW, that is what the money was for that he left.

For renting a place of their own.

Now that's interesting. I've read Posner, Bugliosi, etc. Not convincing overall (to understate it) but the money left for Marina on the morning of the 22nd is something that's always stuck in my head as one piece of evidence that points toward Oswald possibly being in a psychological place where he could be a "lone assassin," or, at the very least, somehow involved in something which he knew may well prevent him from coming home again. In fact, LN authors who make that case on a large scale often open with that. It's always bugged me. Am I correct that he also left his wedding ring? And maybe a note?

2 hours ago, Jonathan Cohen said:

Clearly, if Oswald was the assassin, the crime was one of opportunity - that JFK was driving right below the window where he worked. So the anecdote mentioned above in no way negates the notion of Oswald being guilty.

This is poor logic. This simply assumes Oswald wanted to kill JFK and killed him when he had the chance, but it does not explain why he supposedly wanted JFK dead. By all accounts, Oswald liked JFK. 

Anyone who still argues that Oswald shot JFK needs to come to grips with the new evidence that Oswald was not even on the sixth floor during the shooting.

31 minutes ago, Michael Griffith said:

This is poor logic. This simply assumes Oswald wanted to kill JFK and killed him when he had the chance, but it does not explain why he supposedly wanted JFK dead. By all accounts, Oswald liked JFK. 

Because he was upset that Marina rebuffed his efforts to get back together?

44 minutes ago, Jonathan Cohen said:

Lol, ROTF.  Always nice to have a John McAdams clone around for laughs.

1 hour ago, Aaron Sharpe said:

Now that's interesting. I've read Posner, Bugliosi, etc. Not convincing overall (to understate it) but the money left for Marina on the morning of the 22nd is something that's always stuck in my head as one piece of evidence that points toward Oswald possibly being in a psychological place where he could be a "lone assassin," or, at the very least, somehow involved in something which he knew may well prevent him from coming home again. In fact, LN authors who make that case on a large scale often open with that. It's always bugged me. Am I correct that he also left his wedding ring? And maybe a note?

Parker's is the best article I have ever seen on the so called ring that Oswald left behind.

https://www.kennedysandking.com/john-f-kennedy-articles/was-there-a-wedding-ring

45 minutes ago, Jonathan Cohen said:

Why would Marina's rebuff have caused him to want to shoot JFK? That's about the silliest motive I've ever seen floated.

9 minutes ago, Michael Griffith said:

Why would Marina's rebuff have caused him to want to shoot JFK? That's about the silliest motive I've ever seen floated.

Because he was despondent and irrational and had already pondered or actually committed violence to further his political beliefs? Unfortunately, motives are frequently silly. 

18 minutes ago, Mark Ulrik said:

Have you read this article?
Lee Oswald / Study in Psychopathology

C’mon man. Psychiatric opinions are worthless unless the psychiatrist or psychologist actually examines the patient. The author of that article is neither: he’s a B.A. in psychology. In other words, that article is a worthless opinion given by someone not even qualified to give a worthless opinion.