The Education Forum

You're doing it again, Sandy

27 minutes ago, Sandy Larsen said:

What? There's at least one forum with threads covering the "media hatchet job on RFK Jr and its origins." It's called the EF - Political Discussions Forum!

SL--

Thanks for your comment. I respectfully disagree with your reasoning. 

Here is my point:

The Deep State media hatchet job (actually more like a nuke attack) on RFK Jr. is being spear-pointed by known CIA fronts, such as Rolling Stone and Daily Beast. The usual media, WaPo, NYT, CBS etc, is going along. 

This is not the usual tiresome red-blue kool-aid pissing wars. Those belong in political discussions, along with partisan juvenalia. 

RFK Jr. will open up the JFK Records, and likely (if he lives) curtail the national security state---the same groups that murdered his father and uncle, many on this forum earnestly believe.

I am not discussing politics, I am discussing citizenship, and Deep State actions to murder the RFK Jr. candidacy.

Citizens of all political stripes should be deeply concerned about what will happen on the JFK Records, and to the national security state. 

Citizens of all political stripes should be concerned about Deep State interference and control of domestic politics. 

All political stripes should be welcomed to the EF-JFKA. 

Some partisan extremists want to make the Deep State war on RFK Jr. into a political issue. Sadly, to some degree this reflects the Deep State coopting of the D-Party. 

I do not regard the JFKA as a "political issue." That horrible act transcends politics. 

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

43 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:
1 hour ago, Sandy Larsen said:

What? There's at least one forum with threads covering the "media hatchet job on RFK Jr and its origins." It's called the EF - Political Discussions Forum!

43 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Thanks for your comment. I respectfully disagree with your reasoning.

How can you possibly disagree with what I said? Here is our entire exchange:

Ben:  No other forum is covering the media hatchet job on RFK Jr and its origins.

Sandy:  What? There's at least one forum with threads covering the "media hatchet job on RFK Jr and its origins." It's called the EF - Political Discussions Forum!

You are the one covering the "media hatchet job on RFK Jr and its origins." And I personally moved your material to the EF - Political Discussions Forum. So there you go!

1 hour ago, Sandy Larsen said:

How can you possibly disagree with what I said? Here is our entire exchange:

Ben:  No other forum is covering the media hatchet job on RFK Jr and its origins.

Sandy:  What? There's at least one forum with threads covering the "media hatchet job on RFK Jr and its origins." It's called the EF - Political Discussions Forum!

You are the one covering the "media hatchet job on RFK Jr and its origins." And I personally moved your material to the EF - Political Discussions Forum. So there you go!

The Deep State hatchet job on RFK Jr. is not a political discussion. 

It is a discussion about the one candidate who will open up the JFK Records, and what the Deep State is doing to him.

Like what the CIA did to Jim Garrison, or the undercutting of the HSCA. Those are not political discussions. Those are discussions about the JFKA. 

42 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

The Deep State hatchet job on RFK Jr. is not a political discussion.

The purpose of the hatchet job is to keep RFK Jr. from being elected. So it sounds like politics to me.

But if you want, I can move your threads to JFK Deep Politics. Here's a description of that forum:

This Forum is intended for threads discussing broader topics ranging beyond just JFK and can include opinions and dialogs on both historical and contemporary events. [Bolding mine.]

5 minutes ago, Sandy Larsen said:

The purpose of the hatchet job is to keep RFK Jr. from being elected. So it sounds like politics to me.

But if you want, I can move your threads to JFK Deep Politics. Here's a description of that forum:

This Forum is intended for threads discussing broader topics ranging beyond just JFK and can include opinions and dialogs on both historical and contemporary events. [Bolding mine.]

We are just not on the same page on this one. 

So it goes. 

7 hours ago, Sandy Larsen said:

Yes, the discussion about what Junior is doing obviously involves politics. So did the JFKA itself.  It replaced JFK with a leader who would not stand in the way of how the murderers wanted to run the country.

But the discussion of Junior reviving JFK's vision and the forces he faces in opposition is also directly relevant to an understanding of the JFKA. The simple fact that these threads involve politics is no reason to move them to politics, when they are relevant here.

Their relevance or irrelevance to the JFKA is the key question.  You'll agree won't you, that  everything relevant to the JFKA should be discussed in this forum.

I, and others, have argued these threads are relevant.  So far, you've merely asserted they are not.  You need to explain why they are not relevant.  Otherwise, if they are relevant, moving them away makes the forum poorer.  Again, merely pointing to political content does not address relevance and is not a reason by itself to remove them from this forum.

Put a duplicate thread in politics if you want for those who go there and not here (that might actually get a few to come here), but leave relevant threads here.

From Jim Garrison to Richard Sprague to Oliver Stone to RFK Jr. 

Anyone see a pattern in the media treatment of these four individuals? 

And what was the motivation behind that pattern? 

What was (and is) the prime agency behind that pattern? 

Not a topic for EF-JFKA main board? 

From a comment I made elsewhere:

Moving a thread to POLITICAL DISCUSSIONS isn't a "punishment" if that's where it belongs. Let's face it, if we follow the logic of John Cotter and Roger Odisio, among others, EVERY topic can be peripherally connected to JFK.

Example:
Current US foreign policy > NATO > JFK.
Current US tax policy > JFK's tax cut.
SCOTUS ends affirmative action > Civil Rights Act > LBJ > JFK.
Gun control > Firearms Act of 1968 > JFK.
CIA > JFK.
Mafia > JFK.
Hispanic immigrants > JFK.
ANYTHING "Deep State" > JFK.

In their minds, all roads lead to JFK.

Except not all roads do.

We need to change the mindset of the members [if possible] that having a thread moved to the correct forum ISN'T a punishment; rather, it's good forum management. The Education Forum takes up a lot of bandwidth that possibly 99% of the members don't even realize. Just the history portion of the forum is quite broad. Remember, we're not "The JFK Assassination Forum"; we're "The Education Forum," and it's time our members understood that.

Doug Caddy's latest posts on Watergate are QUITE educational. Even Doug knew to post them in the appropriate forum. I'll bet a lot of EF members haven't seen them due to their tunnel vision about what is and is not a JFK assassination-related topic.

Because, quite frankly, not everything is.

4 hours ago, Mark Knight said:

Moving a thread to POLITICAL DISCUSSIONS isn't a "punishment" if that's where it belongs. Let's face it, if we follow the logic of John Cotter and Roger Odisio, among others, EVERY topic can be peripherally connected to JFK.

Example:
CIA > JFK.
Mafia > JFK.

Except not all roads do.

We need to change the mindset of the members [if possible] that having a thread moved to the correct forum ISN'T a punishment; rather, it's good forum management. The Education Forum takes up a lot of bandwidth that possibly 99% of the members don't even realize. Just the history portion of the forum is quite broad. Remember, we're not "The JFK Assassination Forum"; we're "The Education Forum," and it's time our members understood that.

Doug Caddy's latest posts on Watergate are QUITE educational. Even Doug knew to post them in the appropriate forum. I'll bet a lot of EF members haven't seen them due to their tunnel vision about what is and is not a JFK assassination-related topic.

Mark,

You're misrepresenting my position. As far as I can recall, I've never posted about current US tax policy, affirmative action, gun control, the Mafia or US immigration policy. If I did, it was only a glancing reference at most. I've never begun a thread in this forum, and if I ever posted about anything not directly relevant to the JFKA, it was in reply to someone else.

Regarding RFK Jr's presidential campaign, it seems obvious to me that it's highly relevant in many ways to the JFKA, and I would suggest that keeping one thread devoted to RFK Jr in this section of the forum might be a solution acceptable to everyone.

23 hours ago, Mark Knight said:

Example:
CIA > JFK.
Mafia > JFK.

Except not all roads do.

MK:  We need to change the mindset of the members [if possible] that having a thread moved to the correct forum ISN'T a punishment; rather, it's good forum management. The Education Forum takes up a lot of bandwidth that possibly 99% of the members don't even realize. Just the history portion of the forum is quite broad. Remember, we're not "The JFK Assassination Forum"; we're "The Education Forum," and it's time our members understood that.

RO: Very odd thing to say, Mark, particular as a moderator of this group.  Look at the top of the page. It says "JFK Assassination Debate".  We're a section of EF dedicated to discussing the murder. I have no idea why you claim we are *not* the JFKA forum, unless you're quibbling over the use of the word "forum" and want to confine it to EF.  Ok, we're a section of EF or a group.  

Point is, we need to have our own rules about that debate, regardless of what happens elsewhere in the forum.  Surely you understand that.

A central, overriding rule for this group has to be that everything relevant to understanding the assassination should be allowed to be discussed here.  Even if it touches on politics, as many of them do.  As they should, because the JFKA was a political murder. That's elementary.

Simply put, if a thread involves a discussion of both the JFKA and politics, that thread must remain here.  Because it is relevant to the discussion here, regardless of what else it may do.  Only a political thread *not* relevant to understanding the JFKA should be moved to politics.   Therefore, the deciding factor in whether to move a thread should be its relevance to an understanding of the JFKA, period.

But that's not what your policy is nor what you have been doing.  Not once in the recent flurry of moves do I recall either you or Sandy arguing, or even trying to argue, that a thread was moved because it was irrelevant to the JFKA. Instead you've simply argued a thread should be moved because you have this other group called politics and the thread in question is political in your judgement.  

That's not the issue, and by moving threads without first showing they are not relevant to the murder, you damage this group.  Please don't tell me again the solution to the problem you have created is to follow the thread to another section. The JFK Assassination Debate is where everything relevant to that debate should be located.

As to your first few paragraphs, this is the JFK *assassination* group, not a group about JFK himself.  It's about his murder.  All that work you did compiling that list of JFK topics was wasted. 

By the way, what about the idea I floated before?  If you are concerned that the politics section is being shortchanged by leaving some threads here, why not place a copy of the thread in question in the politics group.   Why can't a thread appear both places?  Reading some of the threads in politics might encourage folks not familiar with the JFKA group to come here.

22 hours ago, Roger Odisio said:
MK:  We need to change the mindset of the members [if possible] that having a thread moved to the correct forum ISN'T a punishment; rather, it's good forum management. The Education Forum takes up a lot of bandwidth that possibly 99% of the members don't even realize. Just the history portion of the forum is quite broad. Remember, we're not "The JFK Assassination Forum"; we're "The Education Forum," and it's time our members understood that.

RO: Very odd thing to say, Mark, particular as a moderator of this group.  Look at the top of the page. It says "JFK Assassination Debate".  We're a section of EF dedicated to discussing the murder. I have no idea why you claim we are *not* the JFKA forum, unless you're quibbling over the use of the word "forum" and want to confine it to EF.  Ok, we're a section of EF or a group.  

Point is, we need to have our own rules about that debate, regardless of what happens elsewhere in the forum.  Surely you understand that.

A central, overriding rule for this group has to be that everything relevant to understanding the assassination should be allowed to be discussed here.  Even if it touches on politics, as many of them do.  As they should, because the JFKA was a political murder. That's elementary.

Simply put, if a thread involves a discussion of both the JFKA and politics, that thread must remain here.  Because it is relevant to the discussion here, regardless of what else it may do.  Only a political thread *not* relevant to understanding the JFKA should be moved to politics.   Therefore, the deciding factor in whether to move a thread should be its relevance to an understanding of the JFKA, period.

But that's not what your policy is nor what you have been doing.  Not once in the recent flurry of moves do I recall either you or Sandy arguing, or even trying to argue, that a thread was moved because it was irrelevant to the JFKA. Instead you've simply argued a thread should be moved because you have this other group called politics and the thread in question is political in your judgement.  

That's not the issue, and by moving threads without first showing they are not relevant to the murder, you damage this group.  Please don't tell me again the solution to the problem you have created is to follow the thread to another section. The JFK Assassination Debate is where everything relevant to that debate should be located.

As to your first few paragraphs, this is the JFK *assassination* group, not a group about JFK himself.  It's about his murder.  All that work you did compiling that list of JFK topics was wasted. 

By the way, what about the idea I floated before?  If you are concerned that the politics section is being shortchanged by leaving some threads here, why not place a copy of the thread in question in the politics group.   Why can't a thread appear both places?  Reading some of the threads in politics might encourage folks not familiar with the JFKA group to come here.

By your comments, it's becoming quite apparent that you really don't understand the breadth of The Education Forum. The Education Forum is MUCH more than just the JFK Assassination Discussion Forum. The Education Forum is a VERY broad-spectrum forum, with MANY subforums. While maintaining order on the JFK Assassination Discussion Forum consumes the majority of the time of the moderators and administrators, it is certainly not the ONLY area of The Education Forum. See this link: Forums - The Education Forum (ipbhost.com)

Let's get to the logic behind the moving of the RFK Jr. discussions to the Political Discussions Forum. First and foremost, as a political candidate, RFK Jr. discussions do fall under the Political Discussions category. The same as a discussion of Ron DeSantis, Donald Trump, Joe Biden, or any of the other announced candidates for the US presidency. Here's a link: Political Debates - The Education Forum (ipbhost.com)

The fact that RFK Jr. has talked of making public the JFK files doesn't make EVERY statement by or about RFK Jr. related to the JFK assassination.  For example, say RFK Jr. gets elected, and on Day 1 of his presidency he makes the JFK-related files public. What then? Does his entire presidency revolve around the JFK assassination? I would argue that it does not. As president, he would have responsibility for domestic and foreign policies related to the CURRENT state of the world, not necessarily tied to events of 1963.

Currently, not every statement made by or about RFK Jr. relates to the JFK assassination. His position on vaccines, for example, I find totally unrelated to the JFK assassination. And here at The Education Forum, we also have a separate Deep Politics Forum. So, while VERY peripherally connected to the JFK assassination, since there is a separate forum set up by the predecessors of the current Education Forum administrators, any discussions on "the deep state" not DIRECTLY related to the JFK assassination should -- and will -- be moved to that appropriate forum.

Even the JFK Assassination Discussion Forum here at The Education Forum is but a sub-forum: Controversial Issues in History - The Education Forum (ipbhost.com) . Within the Controversial Issues In History header, there is a separate JFK Deep Politics discussion forum: JFK Deep Politics - The Education Forum (ipbhost.com) . Most of the political discussions are getting moved to Political Discussions - The Education Forum (ipbhost.com) , as opposed to the Political Debates discussion forum.

As I pointed out earlier in this topic, these areas of The Education are NOT a recent invention of the current administrators. And to a degree, since the current administrators were part of a rather abrupt transfer of The Education Forum to our hands in 2014, we probably have been a bit lax on moving threads to the proper topics from the JFK Assassination Discussion Forum. Most of us were, after all, primarily familiar with the JFK Assassination Discussion Forum and very little else about The Education Forum. 

If you choose not to visit the other areas of The Education Forum when a particular thread is moved, that's not some sort of "punishment" being handed down by administrators. When you CHOOSE not to visit the other areas of the EF, you're exercising your own free will. No one is forcing you to visit, or not visit, any section of the EF. And ultimately, by definition, it is the responsibility of the ADMINISTRATORS of The Education Forum to ADMINISTER The Education Forum in the best interest of the entire Education Forum.

In this post, I have posted links to every part of The Education Forum, strictly for your convenience. The other administrators and I are attempting to administer The Education Forum in the same manner as our predecessors. To a degree, it's been a slow learning curve for us...and I have no problem admitting that. If you disagree with the administrators, then we will simply need to agree to disagree. The previous Education Forum administrators, John Simkin and Andy Walker, chose us to administer this vast Education Forum that they built, and we are attempting as much as possible to follow in their footsteps and with the same intent.

1 hour ago, Mark Knight said:

By your comments, it's becoming quite apparent that you really don't understand the breadth of The Education Forum. The Education Forum is MUCH more than just the JFK Assassination Discussion Forum. The Education Forum is a VERY broad-spectrum forum, with MANY subforums. While maintaining order on the JFK Assassination Discussion Forum consumes the majority of the time of the moderators and administrators, it is certainly not the ONLY area of The Education Forum. See this link: Forums - The Education Forum (ipbhost.com)

Let's get to the logic behind the moving of the RFK Jr. discussions to the Political Discussions Forum. First and foremost, as a political candidate, RFK Jr. discussions do fall under the Political Discussions category. The same as a discussion of Ron DeSantis, Donald Trump, Joe Biden, or any of the other announced candidates for the US presidency. Here's a link: Political Debates - The Education Forum (ipbhost.com)

The fact that RFK Jr. has talked of making public the JFK files doesn't make EVERY statement by or about RFK Jr. related to the JFK assassination.  For example, say RFK Jr. gets elected, and on Day 1 of his presidency he makes the JFK-related files public. What then? Does his entire presidency revolve around the JFK assassination? I would argue that it does not. As president, he would have responsibility for domestic and foreign policies related to the CURRENT state of the world, not necessarily tied to events of 1963.

Currently, not every statement made by or about RFK Jr. relates to the JFK assassination. His position on vaccines, for example, I find totally unrelated to the JFK assassination. And here at The Education Forum, we also have a separate Deep Politics Forum. So, while VERY peripherally connected to the JFK assassination, since there is a separate forum set up by the predecessors of the current Education Forum administrators, any discussions on "the deep state" not DIRECTLY related to the JFK assassination should -- and will -- be moved to that appropriate forum.

Even the JFK Assassination Discussion Forum here at The Education Forum is but a sub-forum: Controversial Issues in History - The Education Forum (ipbhost.com) . Within the Controversial Issues In History header, there is a separate JFK Deep Politics discussion forum: JFK Deep Politics - The Education Forum (ipbhost.com) . Most of the political discussions are getting moved to Political Discussions - The Education Forum (ipbhost.com) , as opposed to the Political Debates discussion forum.

As I pointed out earlier in this topic, these areas of The Education are NOT a recent invention of the current administrators. And to a degree, since the current administrators were part of a rather abrupt transfer of The Education Forum to our hands in 2014, we probably have been a bit lax on moving threads to the proper topics from the JFK Assassination Discussion Forum. Most of us were, after all, primarily familiar with the JFK Assassination Discussion Forum and very little else about The Education Forum. 

If you choose not to visit the other areas of The Education Forum when a particular thread is moved, that's not some sort of "punishment" being handed down by administrators. When you CHOOSE not to visit the other areas of the EF, you're exercising your own free will. No one is forcing you to visit, or not visit, any section of the EF. And ultimately, by definition, it is the responsibility of the ADMINISTRATORS of The Education Forum to ADMINISTER The Education Forum in the best interest of the entire Education Forum.

In this post, I have posted links to every part of The Education Forum, strictly for your convenience. The other administrators and I are attempting to administer The Education Forum in the same manner as our predecessors. To a degree, it's been a slow learning curve for us...and I have no problem admitting that. If you disagree with the administrators, then we will simply need to agree to disagree. The previous Education Forum administrators, John Simkin and Andy Walker, chose us to administer this vast Education Forum that they built, and we are attempting as much as possible to follow in their footsteps and with the same intent.

MK: By your comments, it's becoming quite apparent that you really don't understand the breadth of The Education Forum. The Education Forum is MUCH more than just the JFK Assassination Discussion Forum. The Education Forum is a VERY broad-spectrum forum, with MANY subforums. While maintaining order on the JFK Assassination Discussion Forum consumes the majority of the time of the moderators and administrators, it is certainly not the ONLY area of The Education Forum. See this link: Forums - The Education Forum (ipbhost.com)

RO:  My understanding about the breadth of EF is not the issue, no matter how hard you try to make it so.  I'm asking about the policy you and the other mods have established here, in the JFKA forum, of moving threads to other forums.  I have repeatedly asserted that to move a thread from here you must show it is irrelevant to understanding the murder and you have not done that.

MK: Let's get to the logic behind the moving of the RFK Jr. discussions to the Political Discussions Forum. First and foremost, as a political candidate, RFK Jr. discussions do fall under the Political Discussions category. The same as a discussion of Ron DeSantis, Donald Trump, Joe Biden, or any of the other announced candidates for the US presidency. Here's a link: Political Debates - The Education Forum (ipbhost.com)

RO:  Yes, RFK Jr discussions typically involve politics, although as I have repeatedly said that is not a "first and foremost" consideration for removing threads from this forum.  The first and foremost consideration about a thread is whether it is relevant to an understanding of the JFKA.  Period. Whether or not it also involves politics.  When can I expect your response to my assertion so there can be a real discussion of the policy?

MK:  The fact that RFK Jr. has talked of making public the JFK files doesn't make EVERY statement by or about RFK Jr. related to the JFK assassination.  For example, say RFK Jr. gets elected, and on Day 1 of his presidency he makes the JFK-related files public. What then? Does his entire presidency revolve around the JFK assassination? I would argue that it does not. As president, he would have responsibility for domestic and foreign policies related to the CURRENT state of the world, not necessarily tied to events of 1963.

RO:  Red herrings.  No one is arguing everything Junior does or says is relevant to the JFKA.  President RFK Jr's entire presidency would of course not involve the JFKA, nor would have to to make following him now important. 

MK:  If you choose not to visit the other areas of The Education Forum when a particular thread is moved, that's not some sort of "punishment" being handed down by administrators. When you CHOOSE not to visit the other areas of the EF, you're exercising your own free will. No one is forcing you to visit, or not visit, any section of the EF. And ultimately, by definition, it is the responsibility of the ADMINISTRATORS of The Education Forum to ADMINISTER The Education Forum in the best interest of the entire Education Forum.

RO: Are you a  mod to all of the the other forums in EF?

MK:  In this post, I have posted links to every part of The Education Forum, strictly for your convenience. The other administrators and I are attempting to administer The Education Forum in the same manner as our predecessors. To a degree, it's been a slow learning curve for us...and I have no problem admitting that. If you disagree with the administrators, then we will simply need to agree to disagree. The previous Education Forum administrators, John Simkin and Andy Walker, chose us to administer this vast Education Forum that they built, and we are attempting as much as possible to follow in their footsteps and with the same intent.

RO: I disagree with your policy in the JFKA forum and have asked you and Sandy to explain why it makes sense to move a thread away without first showing it is irrelevant to this forum. I have always assumed you agreed that everything relevant to understanding the murder belongs in this forum, regardless of what else it covers. Do you?  

I have offered, twice, what seems to me to be a solution to your concern about shortchanging the content of other forums, while not removing relevant information from the JFKA forum:  put the same thread both places. Does that make sense to you?

Agreeing to disagree is not a solution to the problem.  

With the Biden snuff job on the JFK Records Act a done deal, the RFK Jr. candidacy becomes the only viable hope to open in the JFK Records---for some of us, the only hope in our lifetimes. 

I cannot imagine the EF-JFKA main board is the wrong place for extensive review of the RFK Jr. campaign, and media treatment thereof. Every day the media is "Mockingbirding" the RFK Jr. campaign.

Biden and the CIA are engaged in an active cover-up of the JFKA---accessories after the fact, in real time. 

Some EF-JFKA members, who are Biden supporters and staunch D-Party, evidently believe there can be too much coverage of the Biden snuff job and ascendant RFK Jr. campaign. 

They seem to conflate the EF-JFKA forum with their own living rooms and media-viewing habits.

If the EF-JFKA does not cover Operation Mockingbird on the RFK Jr. campaign---who will? 

Edited by Benjamin Cole