The Education Forum

Lex Friedman Queries RFK Jr. on JFKA. RFK Jr Stumbles?

Just an FYI on a very interesting interview regarding the CIA and the JFKA. 

Asked about the CIA and the JFKA, RFK Jr. says yes, he suspects the CIA, but then conflates the Church Committee with the HSCA. This stumble is difficult to fathom.

RFK Jr. also says there have been "dozens of confessions" of people who were involved in the JFKA. 

He might mean suspects or witnesses admitted to certain actions, but if so, RFK Jr. used sloppy language. 

RFK goes on to give an accurate description about concerns attendant to the creation of a CIA and intel services.  He poses a very serious question on whether intel services are antithetical to an operating democracy (and a reminder to modern-day worshippers of the FBI and CIA). 

RFK Jr. also again suggests James Douglass' book, JFK and the Unspeakable. 

I am a fan of the book, but with deep reservations that Douglass cherry-picked witnesses, and was not sufficiently skeptical of certain witnesses. 

56 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Just an FYI on a very interesting interview regarding the CIA and the JFKA. 

Asked about the CIA and the JFKA, RFK Jr. says yes, he suspects the CIA, but then conflates the Church Committee with the HSCA. This stumble is difficult to fathom.

RFK Jr. also says there have been "dozens of confessions" of people who were involved in the JFKA. 

He might mean suspects or witnesses admitted to certain actions, but if so, RFK Jr. used sloppy language. 

RFK goes on to give an accurate description about concerns attendant to the creation of a CIA and intel services.  He poses a very serious question on whether intel services are antithetical to an operating democracy (and a reminder to modern-day worshippers of the FBI and CIA). 

RFK Jr. also again suggests James Douglass' book, JFK and the Unspeakable. 

I am a fan of the book, but with deep reservations that Douglass cherry-picked witnesses, and was not sufficiently skeptical of certain witnesses. 

I’ve heard him make many mistakes. No other candidate in my memory puts themselves out there as long as he does without script, legal agreements beforehand, post production editing etc, so mistakes will happen, and there is nothing equivalent to compare with him. 

and editing, 

42 minutes ago, Paul Brancato said:

I’ve heard him make many mistakes. No other candidate in my memory puts themselves out there as long as he does without script, legal agreements beforehand, post production editing etc, so mistakes will happen, and there is nothing equivalent to compare with him. 

and editing, 

PB--

Thanks for your comment.

Agreed. And on the whole, RFK Jr.'s powers of observation and lucidity tops his likely rivals (Trump or Biden) by 10-to-one. 

Still, it worries me that RFK Jr. would conflate the HSCA and Church committee---on what is one of the biggest events in his own life. 

Maybe RFK Jr. just had an off moment, and we all do. Travel lags. Indigestion. A recent argument with the wife. Who knows? 

I wonder where all the quality candidates for the presidency have gone.

Edited by Benjamin Cole

So we're actually hinting about having a critical conversation about RK?.
I tried to engage you guys about RK on  his issues. And I got one person who  engaged in a conversation and then a couple of others who were outraged I disrupted the ongoing 5 thread pro RK echo chamber. But I know the actual issues are  boring to a lot of people.

Paul: No other candidate in my memory puts themselves out there as long as he does without script,
No Trump does, he started it. But Trump just makes outrageous stuff up  but RK is just plain sloppy. Do you think the average person who watches him in this interview circuitously backpedal for 2 minutes at every question finds that entertaining? Or is any more impressed with that than Friedman? Does he really come off convincing to you?

RK:, over 300,000 Ukrainian soldiers have died and 30,000 Russians. Pirghozin said a "1000 Russians die a day." I think they're equally as credible.
RK. We've spent 8 trillion dollars on the war in Ukraine!

We know Trump's not serious, and his followers will follow him anyway. Do you think a serious candidate is permitted too many of those mistakes? And yet when he's called on it, won't his followers  say the same thing the MAGA people say. It's "Operation Mockingbird", He's just being persecuted unfairly by the MSM?!

3 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:
So we're actually hinting about having a critical conversation about RK?.
I tried to engage you guys about RK on  his issues. And I got one person who  engaged in a conversation and then a couple of others who were outraged I disrupted the ongoing 5 thread pro RK echo chamber. But I know the actual issues are  boring to a lot of people.

Paul: No other candidate in my memory puts themselves out there as long as he does without script,
No Trump does, he started it. But Trump just makes outrageous stuff up  but RK is just plain sloppy. Do you think the average person who watches him in this interview circuitously backpedal for 2 minutes at every question finds that entertaining? Or is any more impressed with that than Friedman? Does he really come off convincing to you?

RK:, over 300,000 Ukrainian soldiers have died and 30,000 Russians. Pirghozin said a "1000 Russians die a day." I think they're equally as credible.
RK. We've spent 8 trillion dollars on the war in Ukraine!

We know Trump's not serious, and his followers will follow him anyway. Do you think a serious candidate is permitted too many of those mistakes? And yet when he's called on it, won't his followers  say the same thing the MAGA people say. It's "Operation Mockingbird", He's just being persecuted unfairly by the MSM?!

Kirk-

I am limiting my comments on EF-JFKA mainboard to the JFKA, RFKA, and the JFK Records Act, the RFK Jr. campaign, and the "Deep State."

RFK Jr.'s views on other topics, and his verbal flubs on those topics, I do not address. 

4 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Kirk-

I am limiting my comments on EF-JFKA mainboard to the JFKA, RFKA, and the JFK Records Act, the RFK Jr. campaign, and the "Deep State."

RFK Jr.'s views on other topics, and his verbal flubs on those topics, I do not address. 

7 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

I'm reaffirming to you that I agree that is not "lucid" but very sloppy language.

7 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

I'm not sure about that. Has he ever really been an expert on the JFKA until relatively recently? I understand he has to explain his assertion that the CIA killed his uncle. I might be wrong but I see him as a guy whose learned most of this from books. Didn't we personally live through these events ourselves, and form our own opinions? Why was he silent about it for 50 years? I'm just saying I wouldn't expect him to be an expert.

I do find the Kennedy family half century handling of  this very spooky. I can understand the elders at first  instructed the kids not to communicate with the press. But they died a long time ago! Kids grow up, for chrissake!   I'm astonished at the lack of curiosity by all of  them and the "news blackout" of over 50 years!

36 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

By that criterion , certainly  the RFKJr.campaign and the Deep state  covers his vaccination views later in the interview as he attributes the covid vaccine pandemic to a "deep state" government response.

And to that end. I know you since you take a lot of license, you'll approve of this Ben. In fighting the Government Medical establishment Deep state. RK Jr. hosted this Health Policy event last week!

In the the "Breaking points" interview RK said that one of the first things he'd do as President would be to appoint completely different people to public health posts. I assume these people might be anti vaxxers  and I fear they could actually be from this group he brought together.  This group includes Sheri Tenpeeny who first said that by the end  of 2022 there would be a "tsunami' of deaths of people who took the covid vaccine!

She's still sticking to this story, and telling us we were going to "drop dead like flies."

What's very unsettling is that RK would pick such a person to his Health Policy event. Isn't he aware she's been making these claims for a year and a half now?  And her "tsunami of death" due dates have long since past!

23 minutes ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

I'm reaffirming to you that I agree that is not "lucid" but very sloppy language.

I'm not sure about that. Has he ever really been an expert on the JFKA until relatively recently? I understand he has to explain his assertion that the CIA killed his uncle. I might be wrong but I see him as a guy whose learned most of this from books. Didn't we personally live through these events ourselves, and form our own opinions? Why was he silent about it for 50 years? I'm just saying I wouldn't expect him to be an expert.

I do find the Kennedy family half century handling of  this very spooky. I can understand the elders at first  instructed the kids not to communicate with the press. But they died a long time ago! Kids grow up, for chrissake!   I'm astonished at the lack of curiosity by all of  them and the "news blackout" of over 50 years!

By that criterion , certainly  the RFKJr.campaign and the Deep state  covers his vaccination views later in the interview as he attributes the covid vaccine pandemic to a "deep state" government response.

And to that end. I know you since you take a lot of license, you'll approve of this Ben. In fighting the Government Medical establishment Deep state. RK Jr. hosted this Health Policy event last week!

In the the "Breaking points" interview RK said that one of the first things he'd do as President would be to appoint completely different people to public health posts. I assume these people might be anti vaxxers  and I fear they could actually be from this group he brought together.  This group includes Sheri Tenpeeny who first said that by the end  of 2022 there would be a "tsunami' of deaths of people who took the covid vaccine!

She's still sticking to this story, and telling us we were going to "drop dead like flies."

What's very unsettling is that RK would pick such a person to his Health Policy event. Isn't he aware she's been making these claims for a year and a half now?  And her "tsunami of death" due dates have long since past!

Thanks for your comments, Kirk. 

Though a bit OT,  I consider RFK Jr.'s views and affiliations on certain--not all--vaccine-related topics a weak point. But then, I am not a vaccine expert. Nor can I see much harm coming from his views---compared that to wars in Vietnam, Iraq and Afghanistan.

But RFK Jr.'s instincts may be right, as in the inexplicable government-media shutdown and censorship of the Wuhan lab leak story. It is difficult to trust authority figures on vaccine-related topics. 

And certainly, from Big Pharma, to Big Defense, to Big Banks, the relationship between the two major parties, the bureaucracy and the private-sector bears re-examination. 

I like what RFK Jr. said about the incompatibility of secret police forces and intel agencies, and operating democracies.

It is easier than ever for intel agencies to trigger events, investigations, and work with a compliant or complicit media. 

I sure hope RFK Jr. gains traction, and US voters have options, on both sides of the aisle. 

I think RFK Jr. should be recommending Stone's documentary JFK Revisited instead of Douglass's book JFK and the Unspeakable. One, most people are more inclined to watch a documentary than to read a book. Two, Douglass's book is far too political.

Douglass wrongly assumes that JFK was a liberal, that he was dovish toward the Soviet Union by 1963, and that he was determined to totally disengage from South Vietnam after the election. 

Edited by Michael Griffith

12 hours ago, Charles Blackmon said:

I don't know about "dozens" of confessions but the E. Howard Hunt letter to his son St. John (the one where he put LBJ at the top of the conspiracy) looks like a confession.  

It does. But that confession was made very late in life, and possibly had mercenary motives. 

Also, as a CIA apparatchik, Hunt could have been salting a false mine. 

However, it is also true Hunt could not explain his whereabouts on 11/22. 

And President Biden, perhaps, is making sure you will not find out Hunt's whereabouts on 11/22.