The Education Forum

The Amazing Crime-Solving Arrest Capabilities of the Dallas Police Department

Look what I just noticed!

David told me to look at this version of the arrest details for LHO, and so I took another look because I wanted to make sure that I was paying close attention to David's work. Please notice what this Texas Portal has posted:

image.thumb.png.94ace37d3e09f5f500b9ac7f366674ee.png

Oh, it says "Creation Information: Dallas (Tex). Police Department. November 22, 1963.

And to think that I thought that David was telling me that it said something entirely different. My bad. Sorry David.😁

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Mark Ulrik said:

Footnote in Manchester's book:
manchester-footnote.png

Not so fast with the footnotes: Let's look at the ACTUAL wording of the document:

image.png.a2f0ddbd05b53fa23b718b7deac7601f.png

No investigation there.

This man shot and killed two people and wounded a third.

Case closed, just as Gerald Posner claimed.😗

11 minutes ago, Mark Ulrik said:

Footnote in Manchester's book:
manchester-footnote.png

Not so fast with the footnotes: Let's look at the ACTUAL wording of the document:

image.png.a2f0ddbd05b53fa23b718b7deac7601f.png

No investigation there.

This man shot and killed two people and wounded a third.

Case closed, just as Gerald Posner claimed.😗

19 hours ago, Mervyn Hagger said:

I saw this card, noted the time and the charges and wondered if it is genuine. After all, when Lee Harvey Oswald was brought into the Dallas Police Department he claimed that no one had told him that the crimes written on this card were the crimes he had been arrested for. But within one hour, the Dallas Police Department has solved two murders and arrested the lone suspect. Simply amazing police work. 🤔Not.

1963 - LHO ARREST REPORT.jpg

These same police, who couldn't tell a .38 auto shell from a .38 special ( even though both are clearly marked ), who couldn't tell a white jacket from a "tannish-grey" jacket ( even though they had the jacket in their hands ), were able to catch on their first try, not only the killer of one of their own, but the assailant of Governor Connally and the assassin of the President less than two hours later.

In the annals of law enforcement, this has to be a world record.

Edited by Gil Jesus

Just now, Gil Jesus said:

These same police, who couldn't tell a .38 auto shell from a .38 special ( even both are clearly marked ), who couldn't tell a white jacket from a "tannish-grey" jacket ( even though they had the jacket in their hands ), were able to catch on their first try, not only the killer of one of their own, but the assailant of Governor Connally and the assassin of the President less than two hours later.

In the annals of law enforcement, this has to be a world record.

Hi Gil. Yes, that is exactly what I was trying to point out. Maybe the Guinness Book of World Records has such an entry as the one you describe?😗

9 hours ago, David Von Pein said:

Thanks, Steve, for providing this link to the full-sized (non-truncated) version of the Oswald arrest report being discussed in this thread (also seen below).

One odd thing that I noticed in McDonald's arrest report is the reference to the type of murder that McDonald claimed Oswald was being charged with—"Inv. Murder". I assume the "Inv." means "Involuntary Murder",

David,

I think that Inv. stands for Investigation, or Investigation of, or for Murder.

It's the same thing that John Elrod and Daniel Wayne House were arrested for:    Inv. Murder.

Steve Thomas

2 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

David,

I think that Inv. stands for Investigation, or Investigation of, or for Murder.

It's the same thing that John Elrod and Daniel Wayne House were arrested for:    Inv. Murder.

Steve Thomas

I swear to God I'm going to tape this guy's name to my forehead. I've been calling him Daniel Wayne House for years, and that's wrong. His name was Daniel Wayne Douglas.

The question does arise, Was anyone arrested for Investigation for Murder after LHO was picked up?

Daniel Wayne Douglas was picked up at 2:30. John Elrod was picked up at 2:45, and John Gedney was arrested at 4:00 PM.

I only see arrest Reports for Gedney and Doyle, not for Abrams, and they were arrested for Investigation of Vagrancy and Robbery, although it does say that they were arrested in the vicinity of JFK's assassination.

Any others who were arrested by the Dallas Police?

Steve Thomas

1 hour ago, Steve Thomas said:

I swear to God I'm going to tape this guy's name to my forehead. I've been calling him Daniel Wayne House for years, and that's wrong. His name was Daniel Wayne Douglas.

The question does arise, Was anyone arrested for Investigation for Murder after LHO was picked up?

Daniel Wayne Douglas was picked up at 2:30. John Elrod was picked up at 2:45, and John Gedney was arrested at 4:00 PM.

I only see arrest Reports for Gedney and Doyle, not for Abrams, and they were arrested for Investigation of Vagrancy and Robbery, although it does say that they were arrested in the vicinity of JFK's assassination.

Any others who were arrested by the Dallas Police?

Steve Thomas

Steve, don't tape it just yet because I have researched this thoroughly and every source says that his name is Donald Wayne House and he was known as Don House. Where your information came from I don't know. I have been in contact with Larry Hancock relating to the same issue and he also confirmed that his name is Donald Wayne House, and all sources said that he was addressed as Don. Unless you are referring to someone else, your information is in error.

10 hours ago, Mervyn Hagger said:

and even the hint of sarcasm in the two records played back to back except for a commercial. The lyrics of those two records remind me of the bent humor of McLendon, Murchison and Thompson. It is 'undiluted' Texas humor of a kind best represented in that classic quotation from the 'Wizard of Oz' = "The Wicked Witch is Dead!" Or, to extrapolate = "JFK is dead!"

[...] Guess what McLendon was engaged in? PsyOps where misinformation, distortion and misdirection reigns supreme Just up your street David!😁

I had no idea Mervyn Hagger was so far out there in the "outer fringe".

Bye, Mervyn. Enjoy your fantasies.

Edited by David Von Pein

4 minutes ago, David Von Pein said:

OK. Thanks.

Manchester is playing the same game: 1) "Inv" he says means investigation. 2) Statement of fact "The man shot and killed ...." etc. That is an interpretive footnote which is in fact a contradiction. Either the person is under investigation, which does not necessarily mean arrested, because to arrest someone you have to accuse them of an instant act. But if the person committed that instant act, then that person can be arrested and charged with committing it.