The Education Forum

The Amazing Crime-Solving Arrest Capabilities of the Dallas Police Department

39 minutes ago, Paul Cummings said:

Or couldn't this be where the timeline started for the officer who wrote the report? (ie left at 1:40PM for Texas Theatre)

Paul, I don't want to begin going down the path that David wants me to travel. His idea is for me to get "his picture" that there was a magic bullet and one lone nutty gunman. I can see a lot of problems with that and I have read the testimony from a lot of people who have information that does not fit in with the conclusion of the Warren Report and David. Once you start going down the path he is trying to get me to go down, the destination will be the verdict of the Warren Report endorsed by David. There is no open mind to consider all of this anew. Documents such as the one I posted can't be accepted on their face value, according to David. I say that this is David contradicting himself because he is doing the very same thing that he accuses everyone who does not accept the Warren Report of doing. He can't have it both ways, but he is trying very hard to see if he can. I am watching some squirming going on at his end.😁

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

26 minutes ago, Mervyn Hagger said:

I am asking you if you think that it is a fake because according to you, it does not mean what it says that it means and therefore David must interpret it for me so that I can agree with you.

It's merely a report that was written (at least in part) at a later time (i.e., well after the arrest of Oswald). That's the only thing that needs to be "interpreted". The contents of the document need no further interpretation. Just the question of WHEN it was written.

37 minutes ago, Mervyn Hagger said:

The recording of the KLIF broadcast which you put on line is perfectly okay, even though it indicates that the police almost immediately knew who they were looking for, and the bizarre arrest in a movie theater is also just fine.

I don't know what you mean regarding the KLIF broadcast. Care to elaborate?

And what was so "bizarre" about Oswald's arrest in the theater?

Edited by David Von Pein

51 minutes ago, David Von Pein said:

I don't know what you mean regarding the KLIF broadcast. Care to elaborate?

And what was so "bizarre" about Oswald's arrest in the theater?

Well it is bizarre David because obviously the hard evidence shows that being arrested in a theater is bizarre.   Don’t you know Lincoln was shot in a theater?

What I noticed was the declaration of Oswald being the killer of JFK on the bottom of the arrest record.

No matter when that notation was added to that form, this assertion is speculation more than proven fact.

Oswald was "a suspect" in the murder of JFK...but never legally tried and found guilty.

Curry himself admitted they didn't have the best evidence tying Oswald to the JFK killing. No eyewitness identification. No confession. Mixed forensic evidence.

Edited by Joe Bauer

This is the Arrest Report that was written up by Officer, M.N. McDonald. The copy that was provided cuts off the  bottom part.

The bottom half lists the names of the arresting officers.

McDonald got the time of arrest wrong..

It's interesting. This copy of that report in the Portal to Texas History also has the word, "DECEASED" stamped on it with the date 11-24-63 and Park. Hosp. written on it, showing that information was added to the Arrest Report at a later time.

https://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth339964/?q=M.N. McDonald

After the arrest, the various officers who were involved in Oswald's arrest and transport back to City Hall all got together in Westbrook's office in Personnel, and jointly wrote up their reports on what they observed, and the actions they took.

I personally would rather have seen them isolated to eliminate any chance of tainting each others' testimony or memories.

Steve Thomas

Edited by Steve Thomas

Thanks, Steve, for providing this link to the full-sized (non-truncated) version of the Oswald arrest report being discussed in this thread (also seen below).

Now we know it's not a fake report, and we now know who the author of the report was (Dallas Police Officer M.N. McDonald).

One odd thing that I noticed in McDonald's arrest report is the reference to the type of murder that McDonald claimed Oswald was being charged with—"Inv. Murder". I assume the "Inv." means "Involuntary Murder", which is quite strange (and inaccurate) in this case with respect to the murder of Officer Tippit, which was the first of the murders Oswald was officially charged with.

Arrest-Report-On-Lee-Oswald-Prepared-By-

Edited by David Von Pein

11 minutes ago, David Von Pein said:

One odd thing that I noticed in McDonald's arrest report is the reference to the type of murder that McDonald claimed Oswald was being charged with—"Inv. Murder". I assume the "Inv." means "Involuntary Murder", which is quite strange (and inaccurate) in this case with respect to the murder of Officer Tippit, which was the first of the murders Oswald was officially charged with.

"Investigation for murder" would be my guess.