The Education Forum

If LHO was being framed...

33 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

That could be. 

But the creation of an LHO paper trail of gun ownership suggests what was planned was false flag failed JFKA attempt. 

As pointed out by thousands, LHO could have bought rifles and handguns anywhere in Texas, while wearing a baseball cap and sunglasses with minimal conversation, or even faking a British accent, etc.  No ID.

My guess is LHO was told the mysterious Alek Hiddel would get the blame for a missed shot, and a body would be found with Hiddel's ID on it, or something to that effect. 

Just IMHO....

It’s funny. I used to look at Oswald’s attitude and countenance during his brief time in the spotlight as impudence or arrogance. Now I see more of an expression that says, “I’ve been had.” 

19 hours ago, Lawrence Schnapf said:

I suspect he may have been aware that there was going to be a "demonstration" to protest JFK policy regarding Cuba and was not aware there would be an assassination attempt. 

Chauncey Holt said the same.

On 10/19/2023 at 2:40 PM, Jean Ceulemans said:

If Oswald was being framed, the patsy, wouldn't he have known the people framing him ?

Wouldn't he as such have knowledge of a plan that could or not have included the actual klling of the president

A hypothetical scenario:

If the conspirators had identified Oswald as an agent who infiltrated their organization  - possibly informing and foiling  the Chicago plot and/or the goings on at Lake Pontchartrain leading to the FBI raid - they may have framed him through the rifle purchase using his Post Office box without any knowledge from him.  Their intent being just to point the finger of accusation at him - without any knowledge of the plot from LHO.  Sort of an add-on to the murder.

In that case, LHO would have no knowledge of what was really going on and the accusation of him being the lone assassin would have just been gravy.

5 hours ago, Bill Fite said:

A hypothetical scenario:

If the conspirators had identified Oswald as an agent who infiltrated their organization  - possibly informing and foiling  the Chicago plot and/or the goings on at Lake Pontchartrain leading to the FBI raid - they may have framed him through the rifle purchase using his Post Office box without any knowledge from him.  Their intent being just to point the finger of accusation at him - without any knowledge of the plot from LHO.  Sort of an add-on to the murder.

In that case, LHO would have no knowledge of what was really going on and the accusation of him being the lone assassin would have just been gravy.

As I recall, the rifle purchase was made in April. That seems a little far in advance of the JFKA, just IMHO.  

However, the general idea, that LHO thought he was infiltrating a group, is certainly an interesting idea. 

7 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

As I recall, the rifle purchase was made in April. That seems a little far in advance of the JFKA, just IMHO.  

However, the general idea, that LHO thought he was infiltrating a group, is certainly an interesting idea. 

Good point.  

I seem to recall that there was a federal program at the time concerned with the ease of buying weapons by mail order.  If that was the case, LHO could have been tasked with purchasing a weapon for that purpose and then that situation later turned against him by having it transported to the TSBD.

I've always wondered how did LHO allegedly get the rifle in and out of the Paine garage for target practice, a shot at Walker & transport to the TSBD without Ruth Paine's knowledge. 

1 hour ago, Bill Fite said:

Good point.  

I seem to recall that there was a federal program at the time concerned with the ease of buying weapons by mail order.  If that was the case, LHO could have been tasked with purchasing a weapon for that purpose and then that situation later turned against him by having it transported to the TSBD.

I've always wondered how did LHO allegedly get the rifle in and out of the Paine garage for target practice, a shot at Walker & transport to the TSBD without Ruth Paine's knowledge. 

Walker was before the paines and new orleans, but the other events are indeed packed with questions (Michael handling it, the cr bag, the move from new orleans to dallas, etc)

1 hour ago, Jean Ceulemans said:

Walker was before the paines and new orleans

thanks for that info - wouldn't that mean that Ruth Paine would have had the rifle in her station wagon when she helped in the move to Dallas?

Edited by Bill Fite
added question

1 hour ago, Bill Fite said:

thanks for that info - wouldn't that mean that Ruth Paine would have had the rifle in her station wagon when she helped in the move to Dallas?

Verily...if LHO even fired at Walker.

The four police officers at the Walker scene, in written and signed same-day affidavits, said they found a steel-jacketed bullet, unknown calibre, in the Walker home. 

LHO was armed with copper-jacketed bullets. 

I happen to suspect LHO fired at Walker, but not with his Mannlicher Carcano, and was given a ride to and from the scene. It was test run for the JFKA. Would LHO fire, but intentionally miss, at a public figure? He did. 

That night's event would set LHO's mind in order for a shoot-and-miss at JFK, a false flag op to be blamed on Cuba. 

Well, we all have our pet theories....