The Education Forum

Those Front Steps

Alan Ford

34 minutes ago, Alan Ford said:

Whether you like it or not, Mr. Cohen, Towner shows the thing being waved. It's a fact.

If you disagree with the above statement, I look forward to reading your counter-analysis of the relevant Towner frames. I'm sure it will be top notch. 👍

My analysis is that your interpretation of the films is wrong. Neither Billy Lovelady nor Lee Oswald were waving a flag on the front steps of the building, and they certainly were not in any kind of cahoots as assassination conspirators.

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Jonathan Cohen said:

My analysis is that your interpretation of the films is wrong. Neither Billy Lovelady nor Lee Oswald were waving a flag on the front steps of the building, and they certainly were not in any kind of cahoots as assassination conspirators.

"Analysis", lol

4 hours ago, Alan Ford said:

Friends, it can be a useful exercise to steelman another's argument. In that spirit, I'd like to take a little time out here-------------by way of nothing more than speculative excursus---------to envisage a counter-narrative that would combine two counter-suggestions members have advanced in recent posts:

a) Mr. Lovelady is Red Shirt Man in Hughes and in Towner 

b) The man holding the long rectangular object in Darnell could be Mr. Oswald himself.

It goes without saying that, if one were minded to suspect that this man might be Mr. Oswald-----------------

cJyvvy3.gif

------------------then one would scour the visual record of the motorcade itself for someone male-looking

a) wearing a white upper garment

b) standing in the vicinity of the mailboxes.

This one might do on the speculation that Mr. Oswald "went outside to watch P. Parade" in good time by exiting via the Houston St. loading dock, thus going unnoticed by everyone on the front steps.

This person in Bell, apparently standing alone in the background, might catch one's eye:

Bell-white-figure.jpg

It's the darndest thing, but there is a black blob hovering over this person's head:

Bell-shorter-zoom.gif

I guess that might catch one's eye also, if one were so minded to let it.

4 minutes ago, Alan Ford said:

It's the darndest thing, but there is a black blob hovering over this person's head:

Bell-shorter-zoom.gif

A "black blob" ? Come on. Are you serious? And you realize of course that for you to claim this person is Oswald would mean he was NOT in the doorway when the shots were fired?

5 minutes ago, Jonathan Cohen said:

A "black blob" ? Come on. Are you serious? And you realize of course that for you to claim this person is Oswald would mean he was NOT in the doorway when the shots were fired?

Yes, a black blob. I look forward to another piece of expert counter-analysis from you ~grin~

As for your parting question, Mr. Cohen, it efficiently demonstrates that your reading skills are on a par with your photo-analytical gifts 👍

3 minutes ago, Alan Ford said:

Yes, a black blob. I look forward to another piece of expert counter-analysis from you ~grin~

As for your parting question, Mr. Cohen, it efficiently demonstrates that your reading skills are on a par with your photo-analytical gifts 👍

The counter analysis is that you appear to have no idea what you're talking about, and people far more patient than I have been illustrating this for several days here.

Regarding the image that possibly looks like a person where the mail box is. I have doubts it is a person. The torso in relation to the head look very small. Whilst I can identify other figures moving in the film clips I really struggled to see any movement of MB Man on the clips that were posted before the weekend but the latest blown up clips definitely seem to show some movement in the right hand side of MB Man. 

Can somebody rule out the possibility that the MB Man person is this chap? I.e. do we know who this young man is and where he was at the time of the assassination?

IMG_4093.jpeg

26 minutes ago, Jonathan Cohen said:

The counter analysis is that you appear to have no idea what you're talking about, and people far more patient than I have been illustrating this for several days here.

~Grin~

Tell me what you think they've 'been illustrating', Mr. Cohen, and let's you and I debate the issue here together.

I'm trembling.

31 minutes ago, Mart Hall said:

Can somebody rule out the possibility that the MB Man person is this chap? I.e. do we know who this young man is and where he was at the time of the assassination?

IMG_4093.jpeg

That's witness Mr. Bob Edwards, who was standing on the corner of Houston & Elm with Mr. Ronald B. Fischer at the time of the motorcade. The pair saw a man at the SN window just before the motorcade's arrival.

1 hour ago, Alan Ford said:

Tell me what you think they've 'been illustrating', Mr. Cohen, and let's you and I debate the issue here together.

I'm trembling.

Tremble to your heart's content. I have no interest in debating with you based on your faulty photo interpretations. Perhaps the fine folks at ROKC are in a more sporting mood, so why not engage them directly?

Edited by Jonathan Cohen

25 minutes ago, Alan Ford said:

That's witness Mr. Bob Edwards, who was standing on the corner of Houston & Elm with Mr. Ronald B. Fischer at the time of the motorcade. The pair saw a man at the SN window just before the motorcade's arrival.

Thank you Allen. Although I’m very skeptical I’ve found your presentations in this thread engaging. 

1 hour ago, Jonathan Cohen said:

Tremble to your heart's content. I have no interest in debating with you based on your faulty photo interpretations.

The reason you won't engage in substantive debate is you know you'd lose.

Thanks for the infusions of hot air and--------bye! 👍

2 hours ago, Alan Ford said:

This person in Bell, apparently standing alone in the background, might catch one's eye:

Bell-white-figure.jpg

Bell-shorter-zoom.gif

I guess that might catch one's eye also, if one were so minded to let it.

The Towner frames showing that area offer lousy images of this person. And, quite by unhappy chance, there is a splice just where we might have gotten a clearer look-------------------

Towner-Splice.jpg