The Education Forum

Those Front Steps

Alan Ford

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

After having read all this, i have to conclude, especially after reading Greg and Andrej, someone has been fiddling with images.

And it looks like it was deliberate.

Hello, Mr. DiEugenio.

"After having read all this..."? Why not before?

I ask because you have recently stated with authority that PM-in-Darnell is not Mrs. Sarah Stanton. You have given to understand that this statement is made on the basis of a screening of a superior copy of the film. However, you cannot go further than this because of an N.D.A. which you signed.

Okay. If the Kamp frame has been fiddled with, then simply looking at that frame yourself should be enough to tell you that PM's appearance is sufficiently different to what you saw in the screening to warrant an allegation of image tampering. Why would you need to read other people's opinions before seeing the problem? Doesn't make sense.

I appreciate that the N.D.A. places constraints upon you, so let me put the matter this way:

Would you be able to stand over the statement below?

'The appearance of PM in the Darnell frame below does not tally with what was seen at the screening.'

Darnell-entrance-new.jpg

Thank you.

Edited by Alan Ford

7 hours ago, Greg Doudna said:

supposedly the young women employees of TSBD are all accounted for as to their whereabouts elsewhere at the time of the assassination. 

Not necessarily, Mr. Doudna. There is a curious coda in Mr Ronald B. Fischer's 11/22/63 affidavit statement:

I do remember one particular thing that happened just at the time I saw a man up there. There was a girl walked in the Texas School Book Depository Building, a rather tall girl, and looked to me like she might be an employee of that building. She was walking in while everybody else had been coming out.

The timestamp here is approx. 30 seconds before the assassination.

9 hours ago, Alan Ford said:

Now--------------------I invite you to ponder the following thought experiment:

Imagine if Mr. Oswald, some 15 seconds after the end of Hughes (i.e. at the time Wiegman starts filming the doorway), is still standing in the same spot as in Hughes.

What headache might Wiegman's footage of the west side of the doorway, on such a scenario, create for those 'investigating' authorities charged with suppressing Mr. Oswald's alibi?

What would that west side of the doorway be showing to Wiegman's camera?

If someone were to cry, 'PM/Wiegman is the SAME PERSON in the SAME SPOT as Red Shirt Man in Hughes!', how would you prove them wrong?

Hughes-doorway-longer.gif

prayer-man-in-wiegman-gif.gif

Edited by Alan Ford

On 10/24/2023 at 8:09 PM, Alan Ford said:

Well, it just so happens that standing in front of those mailboxes is a woman holding a long rectangular object.

Here's a better-quality Darnell frame, in which I have embedded what I believe to be the very object the woman is holding up:

Darnell-bag.jpg

EGG-ON-FACE TIME!

Friends, when I first posted the above, Messrs. Gram & Cole chimed in to suggest the person holding the long rectangular object was in fact male. I rejected this on the basis that her legs could be seen.

Now I'm thinking I may have been too hasty.

Yes, the person is standing north of the streetworks barrier:

Darnell-street-barrier.gif

But! Those 'legs' look rather skinny, and are angled in a strange manner. They may in fact be a streetworks sign or somesuch beside the streetworks barrier:

Darnell-new-frame-woman-lower-contrast-o

Furthermore! There appears to be a rectangular box or case of some sort on the ground-----------

Darnell-object-on-ground.gif

----------which is in front of, and therefore hiding, the lower part of the person's dark trousers---------

Darnell-new-frame-woman-lower-contrast-t

This box or case is beside the already-noted object that is in front of the west mailbox:

Darnell-object2.gif

And the person's short-sleeved right arm (viewer's left) is here:

Darnell-new-frame-woman-lower-contrast-a

Finally, note that the bottom left corner of the paper bag can be seen peeking out from underneath the streetworks barrier:

Darnell-bottom-of-bag.gif

So....................... slender white male/ hair up off brow/ dark pants/ short-sleeved light or white (t-?)shirt............. standing behind a box/case of some sort, and holding up the paper bag which Mr. Oswald will soon be accused of having brought the dissassembled Carcano to work in

Darnell-bag.jpg

Who the heck is he?

Darnell-woman-with-paper-sack.gif

Edited by Alan Ford

53 minutes ago, Alan Ford said:

Who the heck is he?

A CANDIDATE!

•  A fellow whose account of his immediate post-assassination movements changed dramatically over time
  • A fellow who was on the steps during the shooting but (like Mr. Oswald) has already left them by Darnell

Shelley-coffee-crop.gifbill-shelley-2-cropped.jpg

Edited by Alan Ford

1 hour ago, Alan Ford said:

EGG-ON-FACE TIME!

Friends, when I first posted the above, Messrs. Gram & Cole chimed in to suggest the person holding the long rectangular object was in fact male. I rejected this on the basis that her legs could be seen.

Now I'm thinking I may have been too hasty.

Yes, the person is standing north of the streetworks barrier:

Darnell-street-barrier.gif

But! Those 'legs' look rather skinny, and are angled in a strange manner. They may in fact be a streetworks sign or somesuch beside the streetworks barrier:

Darnell-new-frame-woman-lower-contrast-o

Furthermore! There appears to be a rectangular box or case of some sort on the ground-----------

Darnell-object-on-ground.gif

----------which is in front of, and therefore hiding, the lower part of the person's dark trousers---------

Darnell-new-frame-woman-lower-contrast-t

This box or case is beside the already-noted object that is in front of the west mailbox:

Darnell-object2.gif

And the person's short-sleeved right arm (viewer's left) is here:

Darnell-new-frame-woman-lower-contrast-a

Finally, note that the bottom left corner of the paper bag can be seen peeking out from underneath the streetworks barrier:

Darnell-bottom-of-bag.gif

So....................... slender white male/ hair up off brow/ dark pants/ short-sleeved light or white (t-?)shirt............. standing behind a box/case of some sort, and holding up the paper bag which Mr. Oswald will soon be accused of having brought the dissassembled Carcano to work in

Darnell-bag.jpg

Who the heck is he?

Alan Ford: 

I have had more than a few egg omelettes on my face...but your admirable willingness to explore different angles on JFKA topics is what counts, not that you might have been in error. 

I have no idea who that fellow is next to the mailbox, or even if he is a fellow, but he sorta looks like a male. And, you are likely correct, the "legs" do not quite look human and exposed, as on a woman wearing a skirt.

Is it LHO? Well, not one person said they saw LHO shortly before, during or immediately after the JFKA, and no one said, "Sure, I saw LHO by the mailbox." 

Also, why would LHO carry incriminating evidence out onto the street? Unfurled, no less. Not even rolled up into a circle in his hand. 

Human behavior is sometimes inexplicable. 

17 hours ago, Alan Ford said:

As in-----------why wasn't Mr. Lovelady standing in shadow less than a minute ago?

Alan:

have you considered the possibility that Lovelady in Wiegman was pictured from the east direction and since his body was orientated in general direction of Wiegman's view angle, we cannot see Lovelady's right shoulder; it is masked by his own body. Here is a 3D  humanoid model depicting Lovelady's stance in Altgens6 overlaid on Lovelady in one Wiegman film frame. The image below was designed to check if Lovelady could have his right shoulder effortfully lifted or if he stood in a normal, relaxed stance. The left image is correct based on how the avatar's hand overlays with Lovelady's hand in Wiegman. 

The contrasts in Wiegman film are very sharp, so it is tempting to think shadow was somehow cast on Lovelady's right arm while in reality it was not.

I hope this helps to accept this mundane explanation.

resised_lovelady_50.jpg.723bb708a7186dd0d9d6e0de7d7465f0.jpg

2 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Is it LHO? Well, not one person said they saw LHO shortly before, during or immediately after the JFKA, and no one said, "Sure, I saw LHO by the mailbox." 

Also, why would LHO carry incriminating evidence out onto the street? Unfurled, no less. Not even rolled up into a circle in his hand. 

Mr. Cole, just to be clear: I'm not saying this guy is Mr. Oswald.

However, I do believe that Mr. Oswald was here just seconds earlier.

The long paper bag was not incriminating evidence, at least not in the sense in which the world was to be told it was.

1 hour ago, Andrej Stancak said:

Alan:

have you considered the possibility that Lovelady in Wiegman was pictured from the east direction and since his body was orientated in general direction of Wiegman's view angle, we cannot see Lovelady's right shoulder; it is masked by his own body. Here is a 3D  humanoid model depicting Lovelady's stance in Altgens6 overlaid on Lovelady in one Wiegman film frame. The image below was designed to check if Lovelady could have his right shoulder effortfully lifted or if he stood in a normal, relaxed stance. The left image is correct based on how the avatar's hand overlays with Lovelady's hand in Wiegman. 

The contrasts in Wiegman film are very sharp, so it is tempting to think shadow was somehow cast on Lovelady's right arm while in reality it was not.

I hope this helps to accept this mundane explanation.

resised_lovelady_50.jpg.723bb708a7186dd0d9d6e0de7d7465f0.jpg

Yes, Mr. Stancak, I'm familiar with that line of argument, and find it utterly unconvincing.

How exactly is one supposed to picture the orientation of Mr. Lovelady's body here?

w0mlVeT.jpg

18 minutes ago, Alan Ford said:

How exactly is one supposed to picture the orientation of Mr. Lovelady's body here?

Impossible to do in my view, given the quality of this image.

If you disagree with my explanation, what would be your view?

Edited by Andrej Stancak