The Education Forum

Jefferson Morley Article in Today's Washington Post

On 11/3/2023 at 2:22 PM, Pat Speer said:

You should know if you're not aware that Jeff was a WaPo reporter for many years and retains a number of contacts there. I believe as well that he's published articles and/or been interviewed on the assassination a number of times since his departure. But Jim D is correct in that these always focus on document releases and documents that are still missing, and steer clear of implicating CIA involvement in the killing itself. What's not so clear is whether or not this is because they won't let Jeff say as much or because he doesn't want to say as much. Heck, when I first met him 18 years or so ago, he was still refusing to say if he suspected a conspiracy or not...as he didn't want to be pigeon-holed as a CT/journalist. 

Thanks, Pat.

Yes, I have been following Jeff’s work for years as well and knew about his Wapo background.

I’ve probably read most of his JFKA stories in the MSM but this one - albeit an opinion piece - is the most pointed thus far.

If you have an open mind and click the links to his blog that feature the govt docs, hard to believe a reader wouldn’t have some doubts about the official story.  But human nature being what it is, probably still won’t change many minds I guess.

3 hours ago, Michaleen Kilroy said:

Thanks, Pat.

Yes, I have been following Jeff’s work for years as well and knew about his Wapo background.

I’ve probably read most of his JFKA stories in the MSM but this one - albeit an opinion piece - is the most pointed thus far.

If you have an open mind and click the links to his blog that feature the govt docs, hard to believe a reader wouldn’t have some doubts about the official story.  But human nature being what it is, probably still won’t change many minds I guess.

I think Jeff has played it the right way. If he came out and said "It really looks like the CIA conspired to kill Kennedy," it would probably damage his legal pursuit of the Joannides documents, and would almost certainly damage his access to the mainstream media. There are others like him--a writer from the Boston Globe comes to mind. They are essentially closeted CTs. They know the "official" story stinks to high heaven but can't come out and say as much for fear it will hurt their career. It's kinda like being a gay country singer. People in the biz might know, and might not even care, but they don't want you to tell. Like really don't want you to tell. 

12 hours ago, Pat Speer said:

I think Jeff has played it the right way. If he came out and said "It really looks like the CIA conspired to kill Kennedy," it would probably damage his legal pursuit of the Joannides documents, and would almost certainly damage his access to the mainstream media. There are others like him--a writer from the Boston Globe comes to mind. They are essentially closeted CTs. They know the "official" story stinks to high heaven but can't come out and say as much for fear it will hurt their career. It's kinda like being a gay country singer. People in the biz might know, and might not even care, but they don't want you to tell. Like really don't want you to tell. 

Haha. Sounds about right.

FYI Jeff got a great story in NY mag today:

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/article/jfk-assassination-documents-national-archives.html

These kind of MSM stories never would’ve seen the light of day even a couple of years ago. I guess that’s progress.

Edited by Michaleen Kilroy