The Education Forum

Tonight's the Night

Ron Bulman

I started to bury this in the Sixty thread.  A DPD officer thought Jack Ruby called and said Oswald would be killed in the morning while being transferred.  Curry had his phone off the hook.  There was a second call I believe, ignored.

Oswald's murder was too convenient to let the opportunity pass. An interrogation room full of "investigator's" is a great way to keep an interrogation from really going anywhere and it didn't.

23 minutes ago, Evan Marshall said:

Oswald's murder was too convenient to let the opportunity pass. An interrogation room full of "investigator's" is a great way to keep an interrogation from really going anywhere and it didn't.

You're questioning the most important criminal suspect in American history and you don't have a tape recorder going or a stenographer taking notes?

Good ole Boy Captain Will Fritz was known for his interrogation style of keeping them hidden from such procedures which were in place to protect the suspect's rights and susceptibility to being brow beaten or threatened, but in Oswald's case this was so outrageously illogical it was actually criminal.

Using these unethical interrogation methods on shop lifting or simple robbery suspects is one thing...but a suspect that the entire world is craving to hear what he has to say?

Beyond nuts!

Then, just hours later your most threatened criminal suspect in American history ( by far!) is shot and killed right inside your own Police Department building?

Due to your lax security and publicly announced broad daylight time of transfer?

Fritz and Curry both "ignored" the most concerned warnings by even their own staff to not risk moving Oswald except at night and with no public announcements of it.

They both should have been FIRED for all their outrageously negligent Oswald security decisions which resulted in the worst possible scenario. Oswald's murder while in their custody.

Our entire nation lost perhaps the only chance we had to learn the full truth regards the true guilty parties of the JFKA.

Great job there Willy...and Jessie!

I did two tours in Detroit Homicide, and we found that having more than two interrogators in the room was a serious mistake. And it was critical that the two in the room were spun up on the case. A Dallas cop told me that Fitz was only a "Success" with the poor and people of color.