The Education Forum

JFK Speech to Zionists of America, 1960

22 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Israel is not perpetrating a genocide.

Hamas is using its civilians as human shields. Israel has shown over and over again, and then again, tunnels leading to hospitals, mosques, schools, apartment buildings. 

If Israel wanted to commit a genocide, you would see hundreds of thousands dead. They would not leaflet and tell residents to leave war zones before going in---a humane strategy that costs IDF soldiers their lives. 

A genocide is the Tokyo fire bombing of WWII, or the nuke-jobs on Nagasaki and Hiroshima, or what he Nazis did, or the Japanese in Nanjing. 

You are entirely deluded, your commentary worthless.  But go to Gaza and you can see for yourself. Advice:  Do not accept any invites to see Gaza from the top of a building.  

Israel makes no distinction between civilians and combatants. The IDF  executes their own citizens while they wave white flags. Israeli soldiers post gleeful videos on TikTok celebrating their war crimes. Netanyahu compares  the entire population of Gaza to the Amalekites and calls for a holy war to permanently eliminate the population of Gaza. Another final solution. Israeli politicians make genocidal speechs on mainstream television news shows hoping for famine and plague inside Gaza. Israeli television broadcasts a children's choir singing about the absolute annihilation of their enemies, the people of Gaza. The very idea of international law becomes meaningless as a genocide unfolds before the worlds eyes and the world sees that no one will be held accountable. The seeds of chaos and world war are being sown. 

Edited by Robert Burrows

5 minutes ago, Robert Burrows said:

Israel makes no distinction between civilians and combatants. The IDF  executes their own citizens while they wave white flags. Israeli soldiers post gleeful videos on TikTok celebrating their war crimes. Netanyahu compares  the entire population of Gaza to the Amalekites and calls for a holy war to permanently eliminate the population of Gaza. Israeli politicians make genocidal speechs on mainstream television news shows. Israeli television broadcasts a children's choir singing about the absolute annihilation of their enemies, the people of Gaza. The very idea of international law becomes meaningless as a genocide unfolds before the worlds eyes and the world sees that no one will be held accountable. The seeds of chaos and world war are being sown. 

Indeed the U.S. and Israel could end up destroyed by Israel's genocidal attacks upon Gaza using armaments shipped to them by President Biden. The whole world is watching all this unfold live on TV.

21 minutes ago, Douglas Caddy said:

Indeed the U.S. and Israel could end up destroyed by Israel's genocidal attacks upon Gaza using armaments shipped to them by President Biden. The whole world is watching all this unfold live on TV.

My biggest fear is that Netanyahu will finally succeed in fulfilling his decades long goal of drawing the United States into a war with Iran.

Edited by Robert Burrows

2 hours ago, Robert Burrows said:

My biggest fear is that Netanyahu will finally succeed in fulfilling his decades long goal of drawing the United States into a war with Iran.

Indeed, Robert.

A U.S. war against Iran was the last agenda item in the disastrous (pre-2000) Neocon Project for a New American Century-- before the Rumsfeld-Wolfowitz-Paul Bremer plan for the de-Baathification of Iraq caused the U.S. occupation of Iraq to become completely FUBAR.

Bob Woodward described that Bush/Cheney/Neocon history in detail in Plan of Attack and State of Denial.

U.S. General Jay Garner told Rumsfeld and Paul Bremer in May of 2003 that "It would take 50 years to stabilize Iraq" if they insisted on disbanding the Iraq Army and police.

Rumsfeld ignored Garner's advice and did it anyway.

So, 20 years later, we are on the brink of war with Iran and its allies in Baghdad, Damascus, Lebanon, and Yemen-- thanks to the Neocon Project for a New American Century and Netanyahu's ethnic cleansing of Gaza.

Edited by W. Niederhut

RFK2 seems well-grounded on the Hamas-Palestinian situation. As was JFK.

The accusations of "genocide" against Israel are hyped to the moon. 

Genocide is what happened Tokyo when 80,000 died in one night's fire-bombing during WWII. Genocide is the 3 million ethnic Chinese and unbelievers massacred in Indonesia by Muslims in 1965-66. One might even say the 600,000 murdered in Syria in recent years is a genocide of a type. 

Hamas claims 20,000 dead in Gaza, without saying how many are Hamas pig-monkeys.

If you believe Hamas to start with---remember Hamas is the sadists who perped Oct 7 unspeakable atrocities, and then video'ed it, and celebrated the results, and brought splay-legged semi-nude girls from Germany to parade in front of roaring crowds. A girl that is now dead, in Hamas custody.

You believe Hamas? You valorize Hamas as "the resistance"? 

Surely Israel is more than justified to exterminating the Hamas pig-monkeys, and it is sad the pig-monkeys have devised---and brag about---their human shield strategy. Every death is laid at the door of Hamas. 

The Hamas pig-monkeys should surrender, lay down arms and give back the hostages. Then the war would be over. 

The war-criminal Putin has emerged as a Hamas backer.

It is as if goblins have been excreted through a plumbing fixture at the Gates of Hell, to make a replay of the Nazi story. 

Pre-WWII there were a lot of Nazi-backers in the US. That is informative. 

A point someone made earlier I agree with: in the current Gaza situation, Israel is not so much intent on extermination but is intent on a Palestinian-free (emptied) Gaza Strip, with conditions so intolerable in the Gaza Strip that all that remains is for some countries to take in 1.8 million refugees once somewhere to go opens up citing humanitarian reasons, with no right of return. Then settlement and ultimately the biblical land title actualized. I believe the objective of emptying the Gaza Strip of most of its Palestinian inhabitants is even more fundamental than the stated reason of destroying Hamas, in what is going on there now. 

I have been a Biden supporter and voter but I’m with Bernie on this one: this is unacceptable to ship arms to a state in the active process of large-scale ethnic cleansing and collective punishment.

I want to see Hamas out of power and its leaders who ordered atrocities brought to justice too. 

It seems a majority of Israelis believe ethnic cleansing of Palestinians in the Gaza Strip is necessary for Israel’s security, the Benny Morris logic in his famous interview. 

Even if every last Hamas militant is killed in the current operation, how many new militants tomorrow are created by the hundreds of thousands of children traumatized and seeing their family members killed in the bombings today. Thus the calculus that ethnic cleansing, removal, emptying the land of all Palestinians if possible, is believed necessary, the only solution, for Israel’s physical security. 

And war with Iran awaits. And all parties acting according to their rational calculus as the slide into the abyss takes momentum. 

May the voices of “Living Together” in Israel receive worldwide acknowledgement and support toward a vision, seemingly impossible today, of a viable two-state solution of good neighbors in a cooperative long term healing of horribly deep scars. 

God bless the Palestinian children and the Israeli children and may the day come when, as MLK put it in the “I Have A Dream” speech, little children of different colors will play together and not grow up with hate or occasion to hate. 

And the juggernaut rolls on… 

1 hour ago, Greg Doudna said:

A point someone made earlier I agree with: in the current Gaza situation, Israel is not so much intent on extermination but is intent on a Palestinian-free (emptied) Gaza Strip, with conditions so intolerable in the Gaza Strip that all that remains is for some countries to take in 1.8 million refugees once somewhere to go opens up citing humanitarian reasons, with no right of return. Then settlement and ultimately the biblical land title actualized. I believe the objective of emptying the Gaza Strip of most of its Palestinian inhabitants is even more fundamental than the stated reason of destroying Hamas, in what is going on there now. 

I have been a Biden supporter and voter but I’m with Bernie on this one: this is unacceptable to ship arms to a state in the active process of large-scale ethnic cleansing and collective punishment.

I want to see Hamas out of power and its leaders who ordered atrocities brought to justice too. 

It seems a majority of Israelis believe ethnic cleansing of Palestinians in the Gaza Strip is necessary for Israel’s security, the Benny Morris logic in his famous interview. 

Even if every last Hamas militant is killed in the current operation, how many new militants tomorrow are created by the hundreds of thousands of children traumatized and seeing their family members killed in the bombings today. Thus the calculus that ethnic cleansing, removal, emptying the land of all Palestinians if possible, is believed necessary, the only solution, for Israel’s physical security. 

And war with Iran awaits. And all parties acting according to their rational calculus as the slide into the abyss takes momentum. 

May the voices of “Living Together” in Israel receive worldwide acknowledgement and support toward a vision, seemingly impossible today, of a viable two-state solution of good neighbors in a cooperative long term healing of horribly deep scars. 

God bless the Palestinian children and the Israeli children and may the day come when, as MLK put it in the “I Have A Dream” speech, little children of different colors will play together and not grow up with hate or occasion to hate. 

And the juggernaut rolls on… 

Hamas are not "militants" or stateless actors. They are the official military of the independent territory of Gaza, just as Nazi soldiers were official soldiers of Germany. 

True, Hamas soldiers only wear uniforms when safe, such as in TV studios or when visiting Iran. But do not be fooled. Wearing civilian clothes does not make anyone a stateless actor. Hamas intentionally looks unofficial on the battlefield. 

There is some debate whether official soldiers wearing civilian clothes itself is a war crime, as It certainly invites shooting at innocent civilians, and there is no dispute that Hamas glories in its human shield strategy. 

You can put lipstick on the pig's anus that is Hamas...but I would not advise smooching. 

Israel's official policy is not de-population of Gaza. Some elements within Israel have advised that, just as in largely free and democratic US, you have some elements valorizing Hamas.  

I hope the policy of the US is not to valorize Hamas, just because certain left-wing elements are doing so.