The Education Forum

BNN Says JFK Records Act Is A '24 Issue

Renewed Debate Over JFK Assassination Records Enters 2024 Presidential Election

author
By: Wojciech Zylm
Published: January 1, 2024 at 12:33 pm EST

jfk-assassination-records-20240101173347

A renewed focus on the 60th anniversary of President John F. Kennedy’s assassination has reignited the debate surrounding the 4,700 documents related to the case that remain partially or heavily redacted. The persisting skepticism about the official narrative—that Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone—has only been bolstered by a poll conducted by the Mary Ferrell Foundation, revealing a mere 38% of Americans share this belief.

Political Promises and Public Skepticism

The argument over the release of these documents has become a significant talking point in the 2024 presidential election. Independent candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr., JFK’s nephew, and former President Donald Trump have both expressed disbelief in the official narrative. Trump has even pledged to declassify all related documents if he returns to office.

Delays in Declassification

The President John F. Kennedy Assassination Records Collection Act of 1992 mandated all records be released by 2017 unless they posed harm to national interests. However, full disclosure has been delayed multiple times, causing the Mary Ferrell Foundation to sue President Joe Biden and the National Archives for non-compliance with the act. They argue that these delays obstruct transparency and trust in the government.

Revelations and Controversies

Some previously redacted documents have revealed intriguing information, such as CIA surveillance on Oswald before the assassination. A memoir by former Secret Service agent Paul Landis has further stirred the pot, with claims of a found bullet adding to the controversy.

The issue of classified documents extends beyond JFK. The ongoing declassification review of 9/11 documents and proposals to declassify other significant historical documents have been brought to the fore. These proposals use the JFK Records Act as a model, demonstrating the broad implications of this ongoing and heated debate.

---30---

https://bnnbreaking.com/politics/renewed-debate-over-jfk-assassination-records-enters-2024-presidential-election/

BNN was founded by Gurbaksh Singh Chahal, who is self-described as "an Indian-American internet entrepreneur." 

We have two very insightful authors as contributors to the JFK Assassination Chokeholds on this subject.

Andrew Eiler and Mark Adamczyk have written about what has happened to the JFK Act at length and in depth.

I am really trying to get them more exposure on the topic.

If what Biden did is allowed to stand, I do not think we will ever see the last of the documents.

Let alone that SI message to Joannides in the summer of 1963.

If at first he doesn't succeed, Ben tries and tries again.

It's not a campaign issue. People vote their pocketbooks, and if elected Trump will do exactly what he did for four years when it comes to the JFK records: SNUFF JOB.

23 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

We have two very insightful authors as contributors to the JFK Assassination Chokeholds on this subject.

Andrew Eiler and Mark Adamczyk have written about what has happened to the JFK Act at length and in depth.

I am really trying to get them more exposure on the topic.

If what Biden did is allowed to stand, I do not think we will ever see the last of the documents.

Let alone that SI message to Joannides in the summer of 1963.

JD-

Like most everybody else, I am a nobody with no influence anywhere. 

I will send a few e-mails around to possibly interested publications. Like taking a spit at the moon. 

When WaPo says "Democracy Dies in Darkness" one wonders if that is a warning...or a brag. 

Why not excerpt or summarize Andrew Eiler and Mark Adamczyk for a post in EF-JFKA?

Evidently, even within the EF-JFKA community, there is a mis-understanding of what the Biden Administration has done.

2 minutes ago, Denny Zartman said:

It's not a campaign issue. People vote their pocketbooks, and if elected Trump will do exactly what he did for four years when it comes to the JFK records: SNUFF JOB.

DZ-

In fact, I have said it is unlikely (unfortunately) that the JFK Records Act will not become a '24 campaign issue. It should, but...

NBC News and BNN say the Biden Administration treatment of the JFK Records Act might become a campaign issue. They say it, not me. 

You have stated your opinion on Trump. That is fine. I accept your opinion. 

What about RFK2? Do you believe he will open up the JFK Records? 

I lay 6-to1 odds he will. What say you? 

PS Try for a civil, collegial tone in your comments. 

I have sent this story to Andrew and Mark, I want them to get in contact with this guy for an interview.

This should be an election issue.  

How else to get those documents out? 

42 minutes ago, Denny Zartman said:

Yeah, Denny, it looks like Ben Cole has resumed his old MAGA habit of starting a new, redundant, daily thread about the JFK Records and the 2024 election.

The JFK records are an issue, but only one of many for 2024-- Trump's sedition, healthcare, climate change, tax policy, voting rights, women's rights, LGBT rights, etc.

Nevertheless, for a man with a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

And Ben is one of 25% of Americans in a recent shocking poll who still believe that Trump's J6 mob attack on Congress was a Deep State "Patriot Purge" op!

Quarter of Americans falsely believe FBI orchestrated January 6, poll finds | The Independent (the-independent.com)

Trump and his MAGA goon squad-- Roger Stone, Michael Flynn, Paul Manafort, Tucker Carlson, RoJo, et.al. -- have been cleverly blaming Trump's crimes on the Deep State since 2016.  The ruse worked!

The suppressed JFK Records give Trump and his MAGA goons a bona fide cause for Deep State criticism-- notwithstanding the awkward fact that Trump, himself, did a snuff job on the JFK Records in 2017 and 2018.

4 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

I have sent this story to Andrew and Mark, I want them to get in contact with this guy for an interview.

This should be an election issue.  

How else to get those documents out? 

All I can say is search Google News every couple of weeks, for "JFK Records Act." Then contact the author or news organization.