The Education Forum

The Anonymous Phone Call to the Tippits of Connecticut

14 hours ago, Matt Cloud said:

As I indicated before, I think it would be helpful to have such data inserted here to the extent possible -- how lengthy and detailed could it actually be? -- along with the evidentiary materials in support of the places and dates enumerated. 

You can download a copy of John Armstrong's book here.

https://www.krusch.com/books/kennedy/Harvey_And_Lee.pdf

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know your position.  Whoever "our" includes I do not know.  Go ahead and clarify.  

I know you state that the HARVEY you allege to exist is NOT the Gardos son.  Yes, I know that.  That is entirely consistent with my post that you quoted.  You don't like the idea of the Gardos son being a suspect here.  That's why the memo hurts your case.

What are you confused about?

The thread is dead, Jim.  You're own contortions and the yes charade of appearing to encourage enquiry and analysis on the Tippit call report while simultaneously steering research and commentary away from that analysis -- because it is fundamentally contradictory to your thesis -- killed it.

John,

The 9-page file from Westport just arrived via snailmail.  Please check your email.  The attachment is more than 5Mb so it may not go through.  Let me know if you don't get it and we'll figure out something else.

My usually trusty flatbed scanner wouldn't wake up, and so I had to scan it with my phone.  It's all readable, though.

Jim

John,

My Epson flatbed scanner lives again, and I've emailed you a compact pdf version of the Christina Tippit Brown document recently conveyed via Android. Please let me know if you don't have it.

Jim

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/15/2024 at 7:48 PM, Matt Cloud said:

About ten minutes of work on the internet will yield that the Oswald timeline has at least 7 Weinstock data points:

1. Bentley call to J.D. Tippit in 1963 mentions Weinstock along with Gardos and Uncle in describing that Oswald was Hungarian boy from Yorkville in 1948.

2. In Hungary, Weinstock meets-up with Gardos (who had been deported there in 1948) according to FBI just before Gardos becomes cultural attache in Moscow, on Nov 1, 1959, the exact time that Oswald from Texas is trying to defect.

3. Weinstock may be privy to information concerning what Powers told the Soviets after U-2 shoot-down as he travels from NYC to DC to Soviet and Czech embassies with CPUSA attorney Mary Metlay Kaufman in October 1960.  (According to FBI report, Kaufman was guest of Moscow at Powers' trial and learned from Powers defense counsel there that Powers told Soviets more than they had asked for and explained that Soviet State Security officials were already waiting for him when he was shot down.)  https://documents.theblackvault.com/documents/fbifiles/historical/MaryKaufman-fbi1.pdf.

4. Robert Kennedy orders Weinstock and 9 others to register under the Internal Security Act of 1950, circa June 1, 1962.

5. Oswald writes Weinstock at The Worker in the Fall of 1962 offering photographic blow-up services for Weinstock.  Weinstock thanks him in letter to Oswald at his P.O. Box in Dallas, TX, dated Dec. 19, 1962.

6. May 19, 1963 Weinsock is identified in the press as a "high Communist official who is being charged by the Justice Department" in a story about pro-Soviet, pro-Castro demonstrations (The Evening Independent Massillon, Ohio Thu, May 9, 1963 Page 4).  Story also mentions young KGB officer Oleg Kalugin who had been part of Harriman exchange program along with Alexander Yakovlev (later the "architect of prestroika") at Columbia in 1958.  In the 1990s, after the fall of USSR, Kalugin became consultant to FBI. 

REPEAT of 1. Bentley call to J.D. Tippit after assassination in November in 1963 mentions Weinstock along with Gardos and Uncle in describing that Oswald was Hungarian boy from Yorkville in 1948.  This FBI memo may foreclose through (purposeful?) misspellings cross-references with other FBI files on Emile Gardos, Fred Blair and Louis Weinstock. "Austrian or German accent" gets transformed into "Spanish accent." Tippits of CT did NOT want Norwalk Hour to print connection to Tippit of TX, yet the paper did anyway. Approx. three days later, caller Bentley is dead in New Haven, CT. (Six of 15 copies of the FBI memo are destroyed in Feb 1973.) 

7. Weinstock submits affidavit to Warren Commission concerning Oswald, May 20, 1964.

Interesting.  Since my post on March 15 about Weinstock and Mary Metlay Kaufman going to Soviet embassy in October 1960 with information about Powers and the U-2 shoot down, The Black Vault -- paragon of transparency and disclosure -- has evidently removed that document.

Hmmm.

See for yourselves ...

https://documents.theblackvault.com/documents/fbifiles/historical/MaryKaufman-fbi1.pdf

3. Weinstock may be privy to information concerning what Powers told the Soviets after U-2 shoot-down as he travels from NYC to DC to Soviet and Czech embassies with CPUSA attorney Mary Metlay Kaufman in October 1960.  (According to FBI report, Kaufman was guest of Moscow at Powers' trial and learned from Powers defense counsel there that Powers told Soviets more than they had asked for and explained that Soviet State Security officials were already waiting for him when he was shot down.)  https://documents.theblackvault.com/documents/fbifiles/historical/MaryKaufman-fbi1.pdf.

Edited by Matt Cloud

Matt,

Thanks for the above.  This is interesting material, much of which is new to me.  One thing on the U-2 flights….

A number of people (including Francis Gary Powers, if memory serves) said they believed Oswald had something to do with the shoot down.  But this is actually just one of several examples of the real genius of the Oswald Project. 

Russian-speaking HARVEY Oswald was never stationed in the radar bubble near the U-2 facilities in Japan.  It was actually American-born LEE Harvey Oswald who was there. 

In 1995, John Armstrong interviewed Zack Stout, who was in the radar bubble at Atsugi with LHO.  John asked Zack Stout if Oswald ever spoke Russian around him and he answered: "Where do people come up with these stupid ideas? That's ridiculous. No, he never spoke Russian or had a Russian book or a Russian newspaper. If he had any of those things, all of us would have known about it."

It was Lee HARVEY Oswald who spoke Russian while in the Marines, not the LHO who served in the radar bubble.

Lewis.jpg

46 minutes ago, Jim Hargrove said:

Matt,

Thanks for the above.  This is interesting material, much of which is new to me.  One thing on the U-2 flights….

A number of people (including Francis Gary Powers, if memory serves) said they believed Oswald had something to do with the shoot down.  But this is actually just one of several examples of the real genius of the Oswald Project. 

Russian-speaking HARVEY Oswald was never stationed in the radar bubble near the U-2 facilities in Japan.  It was actually American-born LEE Harvey Oswald who was there. 

In 1995, John Armstrong interviewed Zack Stout, who was in the radar bubble at Atsugi with LHO.  John asked Zack Stout if Oswald ever spoke Russian around him and he answered: "Where do people come up with these stupid ideas? That's ridiculous. No, he never spoke Russian or had a Russian book or a Russian newspaper. If he had any of those things, all of us would have known about it."

It was Lee HARVEY Oswald who spoke Russian while in the Marines, not the LHO who served in the radar bubble.

Lewis.jpg

The material should not be new to you as it has been presented here by me over a month ago, repeatedly.

There's more complexity than you acknowledge about what Powers says was the cause of his shoot-down, and most of it has nothing to do with Oswald, or whatever variant you claim of his existed where and when.

First, the shoot-down was the result, according to most analyses, of the use of a proximity-fuse by the Soviets -- a technology which the Rosenbergs had given over.  (That has significance with respect to Elizabeth Bentley, of course.)

Second, there is the issue of Popov's claim that a mole in the U-2 program had given the Soviets tech details about the plane.  We can discuss likely candidates for that, should you wish.

Third, the history of Powers and what he said and what he was allowed to say after he came back to the US is highly detailed and any meaningful discussion would require getting into the complexities of that.  The whole matter would carry on until about 1971 in fact.  In short, the Kennedys were most concerned about what Powers might say after he got back and Robert Kennedy and John McMahon went to significant lengths to ensure that his statements were tightly controlled. McMahon had debriefed him, along with Golitsyn and Nosenko, and there is reason to believe that McMahon was "outed" by Powers in his interrogation by the Soviets in Moscow.  Also, in addition to Oswald, Powers also pointed to NSA defectors as being responsible at least in part for the shoot-down.

There's a lot more here to analyze and discuss; no work -- including John Newman's recent -- even comes close to approaching all the ins and outs in sufficient detail.