The Education Forum

Feedback to Forum Tips & Tricks

4 hours ago, Jean Ceulemans said:

@Sandy Larsen for some reason there is no "checkbox" next to My Attachments ? There is a large file there (a .pdf ) that I can not delete for some reason ?  I want to delete it as it no longer has any use.

There is nothing in my instructions regarding a "checkbox." Please try again.

4 hours ago, Jean Ceulemans said:

I tried to contact you by using the contact function, but that doesn't seem to work, don't know

I just logged into your account and sent a message to me. It worked fine.

Try again.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, Sandy Larsen said:

There is nothing in my instructions regarding a "checkbox." Please try again.

I used the wrong name for that, you used the term "little square box" in a response to Steve, quote "You were at the correct place, Steve. Go there again, find the attachment you want to delete, then select it by clicking that little square box to the far right of it. A trash can will appear, and you click it."

To be clear : the file I want to delete is not in a topic (or no longer)

Please chack My Attachment storage.  

You will see there is a large file that I can not delete (probably because I used it in a support request ?).     

I can not edit a support req., I can not delete it either.  So I can not get rid of that file in My Attachments.  I tried looking for that "little square box", but don't see it

Please advise, I just want to get rid of that large file in My Attachments 

Or if you can remove it, please go ahead

Edited by Jean Ceulemans

On 10/10/2023 at 6:00 AM, Jean Ceulemans said:

.... you used the term "little square box" in a response to Steve ....

At the time I wrote that to Steve, the software was an earlier version and the procedure for deleting attachments was different than it is now.

You should always read the latest procedure that I write for Tips & Tricks. I compile them in the very first post of that topic.

On 10/10/2023 at 6:00 AM, Jean Ceulemans said:

Please advise, I just want to get rid of that large file in My Attachments

Or if you can remove it, please go ahead

You are right, that you weren't able to delete that file because it was posted in a Service Request, and you were given no provision for removing the file from that Request.

I have just deleted that file. If it is any consolation for the hassle you have experienced, you might be interested to know that 10 members found it useful enough to download the file.

BTW, please tell me me where to go in the menu to issue a Service Request. I thought that request was only for administrators.

5 minutes ago, Sandy Larsen said:

At the time I wrote that to Steve, the software was an earlier version and the procedure for deleting attachments was different than it is now.

You should always read the latest procedure that I write for Tips & Tricks. I compile them in the very first post of that topic.

You are right, that you weren't able to delete that file because it was posted in a Service Request, and you were given no provision for removing the file from that Request.

I have just deleted that file. If it is any consolation for the hassle you have experienced, you might be interested to know that 10 members found it useful enough to download the file.

BTW, please tell me me where to go in the menu to issue a Service Request. I thought that request was only for administrators.

I simply followed "support" on top of the page within the scroll down menu. Thanks for removing the file

Edited by Jean Ceulemans

• 5 months later...