The Education Forum

All 3 Of Lee Harvey Oswald's Radio & TV Interviews In New Orleans In August 1963

I recently created the video linked below, which puts all three of Lee Harvey Oswald's August 1963 New Orleans radio and television interviews on one single video:

XX.%20Lee%20Harvey%20Oswald%20On%20The%20Radio%20Logo%20%28For%20Thumbnail%20Use%29-3.png

And here's quite a bit of interesting information from Vincent Bugliosi's 2007 book concerning Lee Oswald's New Orleans radio and TV appearances:

Reclaiming-History-Book-Excerpt-Logo.png

Edited by David Von Pein

• David Von Pein changed the title to All 3 Of Lee Harvey Oswald's Radio & TV Interviews In New Orleans In August 1963
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Gerry Down said:

Do these include every single word Oswald uttered in these appearances?

There is at least one section of dialogue cut out of the first interview. I'm not sure of the extent of that edit, but it's obvious that at least a little bit of the conversation is missing at the 29:10 mark of the above video.

Another indication that there might possibly be just a little bit more edited out of the "Latin Listening Post" program is because Vince Bugliosi, in his book, says the interview lasts "37 minutes". But my copy above only lasts about 35+ minutes.

However, there's also THIS WARREN COMMISSION EXHIBIT, which indicates (FWIW) that the Stuckey/Oswald interview on 8/17/63 lasted a total of 35 minutes, which perfectly matches the length of my copy.

FYI --- Here's a related webpage, which contains some additional links of interest: http://Oswald-On-The-Radio.blogspot.com

Edited by David Von Pein

At 55 minutes, LHO indirectly admits he has never been to Cuba. This contradicts what he told the NOPD officers after the Bringuier incident that he was from Cuba. This is why the INS had to be called in tot he NOPD, to confirm he was not a cuban citizen (i.e. the whole Wendell Roche thing). 

I guess by this stage he knew that lie was not going to hold. 

Though on he weekend of the assassination Hoover is still confused and thinks LHO has been to Cuba several times but would not discuss these travels. 

Oswald’s particular use of words in describing his views during these interviews sounds like a set piece, if that’s the correct term, a deliberate use of language describing his Marxism that come not from any deeply held beliefs but rather part of a crafted persona. It’s just not real. Reminds me of an undercover narc I once had a confrontation with trying to disguise his true identity by using hip jargon meant to convince me he was a legitimate dealer. Oswald is spouting jargon. 

16 hours ago, Gerry Down said:

At 55 minutes, LHO indirectly admits he has never been to Cuba. This contradicts what he told the NOPD officers after the Bringuier incident that he was from Cuba. This is why the INS had to be called in tot he NOPD, to confirm he was not a cuban citizen (i.e. the whole Wendell Roche thing). 

I guess by this stage he knew that lie was not going to hold. 

Though on he weekend of the assassination Hoover is still confused and thinks LHO has been to Cuba several times but would not discuss these travels. 

The arrest business comes from INS Inspector Ron Smith, not Roache, though Roache did refer the Church Committee to Smith in his initial phone call.

Ron Smith testified on 12/11/75 that the arrest occurred shortly before April 10th ‘63. He was adamant since he said he was transferred from New Orleans to Washington on that date. 

Roache originally said Oswald claimed to be Russian and spoke Russian, but Smith, the actual witness, said he claimed to be Cuban. I don’t think Smith mentioned Oswald speaking another language, but we don’t have his testimony so it’s hard to say. 

Smith either forgot when he was transferred, misidentified Oswald, or something truly bizarre was going on. Unfortunately, his testimony disappeared along with that of Roache, Art Bero, Peña, and lord knows who else. 

https://reopenkennedycase.forumotion.net/t2516-oswald-s-third-arrest?

3 hours ago, Tom Gram said:

Ron Smith testified on 12/11/75 that the arrest occurred shortly before April 10th ‘63. He was adamant since he said he was transferred from New Orleans to Washington on that date. 

I didn't realise Smiths date for the Oswald-Bringuier street fight incident was so far off.

Among the many oddities of LHO, in addition to radio appearances (a rare thing back in 1962-3) was the strange fact that Kerry Thornley wrote a book on LHO---before the JFKA. 

Thornley had served in the same unit at Atsugi as LHO, and then was seen in New Orleans with LHO in 1963, though Thornley denied it. 

The WC found out about the unpublished Thornley manuscript, seized it, and then sent it to the National Archives, and it remained unpublished until 1991. 

I wonder how many of us had someone write a book about us---when we were still in our 20s? 

"What was Lee Harvey Oswald really like? In 1962 Marine Corp. Pvt. Kerry W. Thornley wrote a novel about a fellow Marine who defected to the USSR. Little did he know that his friend, Lee Harvey Oswald, would be accused of assassinating President John F. Kennedy. Through the fictional character Johnny Shellburn, The Idle Warriors gives rare insight into the mind of the man who allegedly committed the most infamous crime of the century."