The Education Forum

Decoding Dallas: The man in the Sniper's Nest...

On 4/13/2024 at 4:58 PM, Christian Toussay said:

...Well, I don't know: it seems that the links in this thread are broken again...

I will repost them, but if anyone knows how to avoid this, let me know....

Ok, apparently, the images don't show up in the thread, which is a pity, but can be accessed via the link.

Anyone having trouble with the link, let me know....

The links don't work.

On 4/17/2024 at 8:31 PM, Charles Blackmon said:

The links don't work.

Please try "right click - open link in new tab"  and let me know.

@Christian ToussayClicking up a new window does not solve the issue for me.

Someone recommended Google Drive?

Maybe this forum, hosted in the U.S., doesn't find an external host image to be safe to display?

I wonder what is the file size of the image you try to upload. I have a working license to Photoshop. Could maybe dither to what could post?

17 minutes ago, George Govus said:

@Christian ToussayClicking up a new window does not solve the issue for me.

Someone recommended Google Drive?

Maybe this forum, hosted in the U.S., doesn't find an external host image to be safe to display?

I wonder what is the file size of the image you try to upload. I have a working license to Photoshop. Could maybe dither to what could post?

" I have a working license to Photoshop. Could maybe dither to what could post? "

...I am really not of the computer generation. Can you explain to me what you mean?

Anything that can help me present this research is welcome...

Mm. Well, I'm an amateur, when it comes to computer graphics. If the question comes down to networked computers, like on the Internet, I'm even less help.

But, if you have a Google email account, you have access to Google Drive, as well. A file hosting service, which some people recommend. If you are using another image hosting service, then, you might try Google Drive, and see if that works better.

The other thought I had relates to the size of the file you are trying to display. If it is very large, it may be larger than the file hosting service supports. That's just me taking a guess. If that were the problem, then, perhaps I could receive the file from you, and use Photoshop to reduce the size of the file without much affecting the resolution. I could send the altered file back to you. Here's a web application that's recommended for transferring a file over the Internet:

https://www.transferbigfiles.com/

That's also a file hosting site. You could try using that, instead of what you are doing.

It could be that you already have software that can do what I'm suggesting doing.  Also, a version of Adobe Photoshop is available as an Internet application.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/photoshop-web-faq.html

...Thanks..

I am a bit baffled by what's going on; I've read the Forum guide and it says host your pictures on a dedicated site (I use Google Pictures) then copy the image link and paste it in the post.

That is what I am doing. The images are not that big, between 30 and 150 ko.

When I look at the previous threads, the images do not show up, but the links are working (right click / open link in new tab)

I just checked the thread I posted yesterday (Head Wounds) and the images are visible in the post from my side....

I will try to solve this asap.

What I could do, if it is OK with you, is send you one of those images so that you could try to post it from your end, and see whether it works that way...

....OK, so I think I have found a way to solve this link problem.

I am finishing the "Head Wounds" thread, and then I will come back to repost the missing pictures in the "Assassins" threads...

Christian,  Firstly I must state that I have no knowledge of photographic enhancement techniques whatsoever.  Neither would I denigrate or discourage efforts to extract information from blow-ups of existing assassination related film.  Unfortunately I can never discern anything remotely conclusive from these kind of images, except coloured blobs.

As for police uniforms in the 'sniper's nest' window, I wonder why the many reports made by witnesses in the plaza did not spot any blue uniforms on the persons seen in that building prior to the arrival of the motorcade.  Mr & Mrs Rowland's two men with rifle & scope gunman wearing white shirt and having dark hair.  Admittedly seen on the 6th floor west window.  Or Richard Carr's observation of a heavyset man wearing horn-rimmed glasses & brown jacket on the 6th floor.  Carolyn Walther reported two men in a corner window, though she was not sure if they were on the 4th or 5th floor, but again one in white shirt with blond hair & 2nd man in brown jacket.  Around 20 inmates in a holding cell on the 6th floor of the County Jail reportedly observed two men in brown clothing, one with rifle & scope.  Obviously these sightings do not exclude the possibility of a gunman in police uniform on the 6th floor, but if there, he wasn't spotted by any observers.

So, I will await more conclusive/convincing results. 

1 hour ago, Pete Mellor said:

Christian,  Firstly I must state that I have no knowledge of photographic enhancement techniques whatsoever.  Neither would I denigrate or discourage efforts to extract information from blow-ups of existing assassination related film.  Unfortunately I can never discern anything remotely conclusive from these kind of images, except coloured blobs.

As for police uniforms in the 'sniper's nest' window, I wonder why the many reports made by witnesses in the plaza did not spot any blue uniforms on the persons seen in that building prior to the arrival of the motorcade.  Mr & Mrs Rowland's two men with rifle & scope gunman wearing white shirt and having dark hair.  Admittedly seen on the 6th floor west window.  Or Richard Carr's observation of a heavyset man wearing horn-rimmed glasses & brown jacket on the 6th floor.  Carolyn Walther reported two men in a corner window, though she was not sure if they were on the 4th or 5th floor, but again one in white shirt with blond hair & 2nd man in brown jacket.  Around 20 inmates in a holding cell on the 6th floor of the County Jail reportedly observed two men in brown clothing, one with rifle & scope.  Obviously these sightings do not exclude the possibility of a gunman in police uniform on the 6th floor, but if there, he wasn't spotted by any observers.

So, I will await more conclusive/convincing results. 

" Obviously these sightings do not exclude the possibility of a gunman in police uniform on the 6th floor, but if there, he wasn't spotted by any observers."

..Sure, no problem. Photo analysis can be quite tricky.

Re the specific quote from your reply, I think you are wrong: there is a witness that actually had a good sighting of the man in the Sniper's Nest, and that is the young Black boy Amos Euins (as I recall his name). He gave a very good description of the man he saw, with a very interesting detail: the man had a white spot on his head, a statement he made several times.

I will show in the thread dedicated to the forgery used to alter the record, using the Dillard picture, that this "white spot" was actually light reflecting off the metallic badge on the front of the DPD cap...

• 5 weeks later...