The Education Forum

Model of the Throat Wound

According to the cervical x-ray (authenticated by Dr. David Mantik) there was an air-pocket overlaying the right C7/T1 transverse processes.  James Gordon had worked up a model of JFK's cervical structure, so I asked him about the trajectory of such an air-pocket.

C7T1_2.png

Edited by Cliff Varnell

So Cliff, what does this mean to you, why is it important?

I've been convinced of a throat shot from the front since the first time I saw the Zapruder film.  Did the exit of a bullet from the trachea cause the air bubble at C7/T1?  I've wondered for years it the trachea wasn't the target.  Would penetrating it prevent JFK from yelling in pain or "I'm Hit"? 

Also, Perry said when shown the death stare photo regarding the throat wound "that's not my butchery, I didn't do that."  Does this model maybe explain the need for the butchery, to remove the remains of a small caliber bullet? 

Wasn't there a nick in a bone somewhere here in the X-ray? 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

So Cliff, what does this mean to you, why is it important?

It surely counterfeits (again) the claim that the throat wound was an exit.  Sadly, it isn't only LNers who pass that lie.

I've been convinced of a throat shot from the front since the first time I saw the Zapruder film.  Did the exit of a bullet from the trachea cause the air bubble at C7/T1?  I've wondered for years it the trachea wasn't the target.  Would penetrating it prevent JFK from yelling in pain or "I'm Hit"? 

It appears to have rendered him immobile and mute.

Also, Perry said when shown the death stare photo regarding the throat wound "that's not my butchery, I didn't do that."  Does this model maybe explain the need for the butchery, to remove the remains of a small caliber bullet? 

I don't believe the stare of death photo is authentic.  An extra cervical x-ray to locate a small caliber bullet?  Small like a pellet?

Wasn't there a nick in a bone somewhere here in the X-ray? 

A hairline fracture of the right T1 transverse process.  Nothing but soft tissue.

Edited by Cliff Varnell

27 minutes ago, Cliff Varnell said:

An extra cervical x-ray to locate a small caliber bullet?  Small like a pellet?

IDK about the extra X-ray.  But more like a 22 long rifle, soft lead, rounded tip that mushrooms on contact with anything.  Or a 22 hollow point, which does the same thing, more extensively.  Favorite round for the CIA for close work, I've read.  Which this would be for some, 20 yards more or less.  Some "bark" squirrels in the head with such.  I've hit one on a power line to prove to my wife I could do so.  It was tasty.  

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

IDK about the extra X-ray. 

Wouldn't your proposed scenario require it?

But more like a 22 long rifle, soft lead, rounded tip that mushrooms on contact with anything.  Or a 22 hollow point, which does the same thing, more extensively. 

So in this scenario a .22 round ripped a couple inches of trachea, mushroomed, bruised the top of the lung and broke blood vessels, then left  a hairline fracture of the right T1 transverse process.  That's very little damage, eh?

Favorite round for the CIA for close work, I've read.  Which this would be for some, 20 yards more or less.  

What was the purpose of a non-lethal first shot?  If they wanted to paralyze the target why not use a blood soluble paralytic and not worry over removing a round?

Edited by Cliff Varnell

Unless the blast is suppressed, once that first shot is made the clock is ticking. Shooters would would have to assume they only have only a few seconds for a kill shot before evasive actions make further shots impossible. The throat shot was what caused Connolly to turn his head to see what was happening so it was obviously not suppressed. If a shot can be precise enough to place a tranquilizer, why not just go for a head shot? What locations from the front or side had an unobstructed view long enough to track the target to place such a shot and has this been verified?

I realize it’s fictionalized but in “Day of the Jackal”, when the gunsmith asks the Jackal if he is going for a head shot or a body shot, he answers “head shot” and doubts that he will get more than one shot. The same thinking would apply to this situation.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Kevin Balch said:

Unless the blast is suppressed, once that first shot is made the clock is ticking. Shooters would would have to assume they only have only a few seconds for a kill shot before evasive actions make further shots impossible. The throat shot was what caused Connolly to turn his head to see what was happening so it was obviously not suppressed. If a shot can be precise enough to place a tranquilizer, why not just go for a head shot?

The plotters apparently had their reasons.  A first shot-kill shot must not have been 100% guaranteed.

What locations from the front or side had an unobstructed view long enough to track the target to place such a shot and has this been verified?

My bet is on the Black Dog Man position.

I realize it’s fictionalized but in “Day of the Jackal”, when the gunsmith asks the Jackal if he is going for a head shot or a body shot, he answers “head shot” and doubts that he will get more than one shot. The same thinking would apply to this situation.

But it didn't since the first shot wasn't a kill shot.

Edited by Cliff Varnell