The Education Forum

Matt and Pat on Lattimer

Researcher Matt Douthitt called me up the other night on Zoom and captured the feed while we watched John Lattimer's presentation at the 1993 Chicago conference. For those not in the know, Lattimer was the first non-military doctor allowed into the archives to view the assassination materials, who then parlayed this into dozens of magazine articles, and interviews. It can safely be said that he did more to keep the single-bullet theory alive than ALL those involved with the creation of the theory, and was a huge influence on the thinking of the Oswald-did-it crowd. 

In any event, Matt decided to put the entire 5 HOUR conversation up on YouTube. Now, there's a lot of blithering on my part and a lot of repetition and almost certainly some mis-statements. But if you're someone with an interest in the case who would like to know what it's like to sit in on a conversation between two veteran researchers, this might be your cup of tea. Now, Matt does provide a lot of images and even some outside interviews, which help to illuminate Lattimer's nonsense. And of course there's the images from Lattimer's own presentation. So it's not just talking heads. In fact, if you are relatively new to this you can probably learn more from this video than probably any other video on the assassination, as it presents arguments for Oswald's guilt from a hero to the Oswald did it crowd, and then blasts gigantic holes through most of his arguments.

Now it is FIVE hours long. So I think someone with an interest might want to watch a half hour at a time or so. Or not.

Edited by Pat Speer

Since this linked to Matt Douthitt's YouTube channel, could someone please tell Matt to respond to my comment about SMiLE on his Heroes and Villains reconstruction. It's my other document-centric hobby and I was floored to see another JFKA enthusiast share my passion for reconstructing the greatest album that never was. It's a conspiracy as vast and as far ranging as the JFKA :) Matt I promise I have stuff you need to see!

I promised I would never post on this forum again but since it is for Brian Wilson, I have to 🤷‍♂️ 

6 hours ago, Pat Speer said:

Now, there's a lot of blithering on my part and a lot of repetition and almost certainly some mis-statements

Any particular reason for this?

2 hours ago, K K Lane said:

Thanks, Pat.   I'm through the first 90 minutes, and it's been fantastic.   Never having met you it was great to see and hear you.

Thank you. 

1 hour ago, Michael Crane said:

Any particular reason for this?

I have been battling cancer and the side effects from the treatment of cancer for about 3 years. The meds given me to combat cancer and the recurrence of cancer, and the meds I'm forced to take to minimize the side effects from the treatment, create a bit of "brain fog." There was an article on this in I think the New York Times a few months back. They actually call it "Chemo brain." Apparently many cancer patients never regain full brain capacity after undergoing chemo-therapy.As for myself, I feel I am about 90% back. On watching the video I notice a lot of pauses in my speech while I search for words. That is the new Pat. The old Pat could stand in front of a crowd and speak for an hour on a number of topics while hardly taking a breath. I have always stammered bit, but now sometimes I sound like Porky Pig. 

On 4/23/2024 at 9:24 PM, Pat Speer said:

Researcher Matt Douthitt called me up the other night on Zoom and captured the feed while we watched John Lattimer's presentation at the 1993 Chicago conference. For those not in the know, Lattimer was the first non-military doctor allowed into the archives to view the assassination materials, who then parlayed this into dozens of magazine articles, and interviews. It can safely be said that he did more to keep the single-bullet theory alive than ALL those involved with the creation of the theory, and was a huge influence on the thinking of the Oswald-did-it crowd. 

In any event, Matt decided to put the entire 5 HOUR conversation up on YouTube. Now, there's a lot of blithering on my part and a lot of repetition and almost certainly some mis-statements. But if you're someone with an interest in the case who would like to know what it's like to sit in on a conversation between two veteran researchers, this might be your cup of tea. Now, Matt does provide a lot of images and even some outside interviews, which help to illuminate Lattimer's nonsense. And of course there's the images from Lattimer's own presentation. So it's not just talking heads. In fact, if you are relatively new to this you can probably learn more from this video than probably any other video on the assassination, as it presents arguments for Oswald's guilt from a hero to the Oswald did it crowd, and then blasts gigantic holes through most of his arguments.

Now it is FIVE hours long. So I think someone with an interest might want to watch a half hour at a time or so. Or not.

Thanks for this Pat, Looking forward to watching this