The Education Forum

"Mr. X" scene from the movie "JFK" ( 17 mins. )

Posted (edited)

To answer the second question first: 

Johnson had an estimate made on this, and the estimate came back that yes Saigon would be able to hold on until after the election.

As to why McNamara did what he did, no one has ever figured that one out. Except that he looked upon himself as serving his president, who ever that would be.  It was a terrible mistake on his part. It ruined his reputation and split up his family.

I have always felt that the Pentagon Papers was his way of doing penance.  Because it included, in the Gravel Edition, a chapter on Kennedy's phased withdrawal.  This is one reason I gave that flunky film The Post a bad review. 

Edited by James DiEugenio

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Donald Willis said:

You're saying that Richard Bertolino is SkyThrone is No True Flags Here is 19efppp?

Well Don, let's look at the facts.

He didn't join the EF until last month, after Google ended free access to the Usenet.

He's promoting the same "Alan Smith as Allen Tippit" as "No True Flags Here/Sky Throne/19efppp" did in the a.c.j. newsgroup.

And now that he's been outed by me, he's edited out many of his posts on his "Who was Alan Smith" topic and replaced them with single letters. Check it out.

Why would he do that if he hadn't been exposed ? All of a sudden he doesn't want people to know his thoughts on Alan Smith ?

Sound like I'm blowing smoke or is he acting llike someone who is guilty as charged ? 

Edited by Gil Jesus

Posted (edited)

Gil Jesus: Not the hero we need but maybe the hero we deserve. Who will be exposed next?

Edited by Mark Ulrik

20 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Is that really true Don?  He thinks Smith is Tippit's son?

Nice one Gil, about not paying for the ticket when he had 10 x more than enough to pay for it.

I was quoting Gil.  I know nothing about the Smith/Tippit story.

It does appear to be true Don.

Talk about wild.