The Education Forum

Sy Hersh is at It Again

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cory and Ron:

My original substack article, which started this thread,  had nothing to do with any of JFK's dalliances.

If you go back and read it, it begins with the Lex Cusack fraud, which Hersh fell for.  I began with that to show just how intent Hersh was to search for dirt on JFK.  Even though he had a very large advance, Hersh never forensically tested the papers.  After ABC was dumb enough to buy Hersh's book, they did test them, with three experts.  One in LA that I called personally. He said it was obvious to him very quickly that they were fraudulent. That was based on the machine.  Another pen and paper expert deduced that there were too many indications of lifting, which means that the writer was stopping and lifting the pen in mid signature.

This tells us a lot about Hersh and what his mission was in that book.

The rest of my substack article is about the CIA plots to murder Castro. And how Hersh completely and utterly distorts them to the point that he completely violates the actual record of the two best sources we have:  the Church Committee Report, Alleged Assassination Plots, and the internal CIA IG Report.  Now Hersh has to know about these, but he ignores the data in them. Which is what I prove.

So where did I write about Kennedy's dalliances?  Bob avoided what I did write about and injected that himself.  And he then tried to say that somehow this influenced the decisions Kennedy made during his presidency.

I mean c'mon.  

On 6/15/2024 at 10:06 PM, Matt Cloud said:

Just where are the Wormwood (and more?) "Medical Records" -- the ones that require presidential authorization to see?  They're somewhere no one would think to look.

Some materials are “Deeds of Gift” from the Kennedy family to the Archives and are thus apparently exempt from the JFK Records Act but are still being withheld from public scrutiny. I’m told that efforts are being made to get those released. Whether that effort is successful or not remains to be seen. I am disappointed with the outcome of the Mary Ferrell lawsuit but I am glad to see from the website that it is being appealed.

19 minutes ago, Denise Hazelwood said:

Some materials are “Deeds of Gift” from the Kennedy family to the Archives and are thus apparently exempt from the JFK Records Act but are still being withheld from public scrutiny. I’m told that efforts are being made to get those released. Whether that effort is successful or not remains to be seen. I am disappointed with the outcome of the Mary Ferrell lawsuit but I am glad to see from the website that it is being appealed.

That suit doesn't stand a chance, but that's not to say it has no useful role in defining executive authority, or, if you prefer, in limiting agency unaccountability, and is reciprocal to the Trump documents case in that sense .   

In any case, the "medical records" I suspect are not what you propose.

https://findingaids.loc.gov/exist_collections/ead3pdf/mss/2008/ms008066.pdf

"The Moynihan archive is the largest collection the Library of Congress has ever received. It is three times higher than the Washington Monument."  

3 hours ago, Matt Cloud said:

That suit doesn't stand a chance

I hope you are wrong. But even the release of the Jackie Kennedy/WIlliam Manchester tapes would be helpful. Why isn't that information, specifically relevant to the book The Death of a President classified as part of the JFK records? Nobody--and I mean nobody--thnks that Caroline had anything to do with her father's death, so why wouldn't those tapes be released?

6 minutes ago, Denise Hazelwood said:

I hope you are wrong. But even the release of the Jackie Kennedy/WIlliam Manchester tapes would be helpful. Why isn't that information, specifically relevant to the book The Death of a President classified as part of the JFK records? Nobody--and I mean nobody--thnks that Caroline had anything to do with her father's death, so why wouldn't those tapes be released?

... what? 

https://www.thecrimson.com/article/1967/3/25/moynihan-foresaw-oswald-death-warned-officials/

Moynihan Foresaw Oswald Death, Warned Officials of Dallas Danger

NO WRITER ATTRIBUTED
March 25, 1967

The day after the assassination of John F. Kennedy '40, Daniel P. Moynihan, now director of the Harvard-M.I.T. Joint Center for Urban Studies, sensed the possible murder of alleged assassin Lee Harvey Oswald if he remained in Dallas.

The then Under Secretary of Labor pleaded futilely with Washington officials to move Oswald from the city, William Manchester revealed in this week's issue of Look magazine.

"He had been the one member of the subcabinet who had foreseen disaster in the jail basement," Manchester said, in an article describing his struggle to write and publish The Death of a President, his controversial history of the assassination.

When contacted yesterday, Moynihan confirmed the events described by Manchester, but declined further comment.

23 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

Robert, you seem to be obsessing over JFK's sex life in relation to Jim's article about Sy Hersh.  13 of 35 posts in the thread, over 1/3, compared to his 6.  Kind of a double whammy there regarding the forums rule about sexually oriented posts and the penalty for stalking, taunting, harassing another member.

John Simkin

Posted February 5, 2011 · IP  · Hidden

I have placed Robert Morrow on moderation.