The Education Forum

The Report that got Allen Dulles Fired

On 7/8/2024 at 7:53 PM, James DiEugenio said:

To Ben:

In 1964, Johnson attempted to keep secret his plan to escalate in Vietnam.  This included the fact that he had also planned for a casus belli event for which he would go to congress for a resolution.  That, of course, was the Tonkin Gulf Resolution, which he lied about as to where the ships were and that they were not just like patrols as we had all over the Pacific Ocean.

It was not until later that Fulbright realized that he had been duped by the White House, not just on Vietnam but also on Juan Bosch and the invasion of the Dominican Republic, which was also a reversal of Kennedy's policy.  It was when Fulbright began to call for his senate hearings that the Democratic Party began to reconsider what LBJ was doing.  But by then, 1966, it was a bit late.  And the plea was we could not abandon the effort in midstream with hundreds of thousands of men still there.

It was Fulbright who finally began to turn the tide against LBJ.  But the country had by now been polarized as hawks vs doves to such an extent that the facts did not really matter. You were either for the war, thus a patriot, or against the war, a sell out. And I should add, that polarization was magnified by Nixon to the point that it has never left the country.

I should add, back then you had liberal and moderate  Republicans, like Jacob Javits and John Sherman Cooper. They were both on that committee.  They were so critical about what LBJ had done that Johnson called CBS and asked Paley to censor the hearings. Fred Friendly resigned over that request when CBS showed a rerun of I Love Lucy instead.

All of that is right.

And speaking of FRED FRIENDLY, who LBJ once tried to recruit to work for him at the White House, he is yet another person who thought that Lyndon Johnson knew in advance about the plans for the JFK assassination.

The reason we know that is Fred Friendly was the father-in-law of a JFK assassination researcher Tim Nicholson and Friendly told Nicholson in 1981 that he believed LBJ knew about the JFK assassination in advance. Nicholson thinks that Fred Friendly got this belief set from knowing McGeorge Bundy, who was the head of the Ford Foundation.

Tim Nicholson was the son-in-law of CBS newsman and longtime Columbia journalism professor Fred Friendly who told his future son-in-law Tim Nicholson after he met him in July, 1981 was that Friendly believed that Lyndon Johnson knew about plans for the JFK assassination in advance. So obviously, Friendly believed in a high level domestic conspiracy in the JFK assassination

Tim Nicholson email to Robert Morrow on 7/30/2023:

Excellent Information on the CIA.  Now what we need is what Nixon told people in private about his JFK theories since he knew the WCR was BS.  As I may have mentioned to you in some previous email - one of the very first things Fred Friendly told me when I met him and his second wife Ruth in Riverdale in July 1981 after visiting his first wife Dorothy in Mid-Manhattan was that he believed LBJ knew about plans for the assassination in advance.  

After Friendly left CBS News in a heated dispute with CBS Owner William Paley over Vietnam War coverage he went to work for the Ford Foundation where he was instrumental in forming PBS Radio and Television.  The head of the Ford Foundation at that time was McGeorge Bundy who I believed warned Friendly never to pursue an investigation of the assassination for his own safety given the number of suspicious deaths that had occurred by then.  See Hit List by Belzer and Wayne.  

A few years ago I came across a story that Bundy was in the entourage that brought JFK's body from the airport to the Bethesda Naval Complex and that Bundy directed the hearse to an adjacent medical building so that the wounds on JFK's head could be altered to hide the evidence of two bullet wounds before being moved for the official autopsy.  LBJ must have told him to do that.  If you look at the autopsy photos in my report it is obvious what they did and why.

Read the Wikipedia page on Bundy - and his left turn from hawk to dove.

UNQUOTE

Fred Friendly Wikipedia bio - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_W._Friendly

Tim Nicholson email to Robert Morrow and Jeremy Kuzmarov on 1/4/2024:

Nicholson’s father-in-law Fred Friendly believed that Lyndon Johnson knew about the JFK assassination in advance

Tim Nicholson:

Jerry - Robert Morrow referred me to your excellent article on LBJ vs. JFK.

My sons' grandfather knew both JFK and LBJ and told me in June 1981 that he believed LBJ knew about the assassination in advance. As President of CBS News from 1964 to 1966 he surely was privy to all these rumors.

I have rendered it as a PDF and made corrections to the text highlighted in RED.

UNQUOTE

Tim Nicholson email to Robert Morrow on 1/5/2024

Thank you Robert. I think Friendly got the scoop [on the JFK assassination] from McGeorge Bundy as they both worked for the Ford Foundation in the 1970s.

UNQUOTE

Tim Nicholson 5/31/24 letter to Scott Pelley of CBS News: his father-in-law Fred Friendly told Tim Nicholson in 1981 that he thought LBJ knew about the JFK assassination in advance

Dear Scott,

If Edward R. Murrow and Fred W. Friendly were alive today as journalists on CBS 60 Minutes, do you think they would be concealing the truth or telling lies to the American public about the JFK assassination, Nine-Eleven, and the sex lives of some of our greatest presidents, etc.  Friendly told me when I first met him in 1981 that he thought LBJ knew about the JFK assassination in advance.  I have spent the last 31 years trying to uncover the truth about the above topics and if you browse through my website at:

https://independentscholar.academia.edu/TimNicholson

UNQUOTE

Edited by Robert Morrow

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Imagine writing an article about how Dulles got fired and leaving the Kirkpatrick report out.. Jesse, that the kind of Untold history you get from people who Cite, Kwitney...