The Education Forum

Will President Harris Reverse the Biden Administration Snuff Job on the JFK Records Act? Agnew?

The pinned JFK Records Act thread has devolved into Water Cooler sniping, so let's try a fresh thread. 

1. There are many within the D-Party establishment calling for Biden to step down. Maybe he will. Or, sadly, maybe Biden will become incapacitated. Happens to us all. 

2. Kamala Harris is the Vice-President, relatively young, and the legal and constitutionally designated successor to an incapacitated President.  

3. The Biden Administration, according to legal scholars and lawyers from the Mary Ferrell Foundation, is engaging in an illegal snuff job on the JFK Records Act. To the layman it certainly seems the spirit of the JFK Records Act has been undermined by rank chicanery.  

4. So, should Biden become incapacitated, and is replaced by President Harris...is there a chance President Harris would change administration policies regarding the JFK Act?

I have no feel for this. Harris not Biden, but she is also something of a non-entity. A curiosity of the current hub-bub about Biden's mental capacities is that no one---no one even in the vast Donk blabber-sphere---is touting Harris as a ready replacement for Biden. 

Will Harris also tumble, should the D-Party stage a intra-party coup, and throw Biden under the bus? Seems likely. 

---30---

There is a strange parallel in the Nixon story to the Harris situation.  Way back when, it was more or less decided by the powers-that-be in DC that Nixon was going to vacation in San Clemente for good. But...Spiro Agnew was the vice president. Oooof. 

In that long ago time (1973), Spiro Agnew was chased out of office on aging Maryland corruption charges, and then WC'er Gerald Ford was installed into the White House, via the Vice Presidency.

Will we see Harris removed from office soon? Who knows? If you do see that, then Biden will tumble next. 

What will that mean for the JFK Records Act? I don't know, but this is a topic very much worth following. 

I don´t know what happened to Kamala H.  She made a few mistakes in the beginning (no big deal IMO), was kinda busy with EU matters, did ok for some time, but seemed to slowly disappear in the background.  Were there internal discussions?  I don´t think she´ll be VP again.  

Also, why are a lot of people so surprised with Biden´s performance in the debate?  One has been talking for months about his condition, some mistakes he made, etc  What did they expect? 

Edited by Jean Ceulemans

13 minutes ago, Gerry Down said:

I would imagine Harris would do whatever the CIA told her to do.

Maybe.

Here are Harris' committee assignments in the Senate (see below). She has only one term, so a track record will be thin. 

It does stand out that Harris sat on the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence. The history of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence (SSCI) is notable and includes chairmen such as Barry Goldwater, Arlen Specter and Bob Graham. Yes, that Arlen Specter. 

Somebody thought Harris would fit in on the SSCI, which in some regards means she was expected to not rock the boat. 

Scanty evidence, but I would not bet on Harris opening up the JFK Records, or the Joannides records, or any other records that might shed light on the JFKA/RFK1A. 

4 minutes ago, Jean Ceulemans said:

I don´t know what happened to Kamala H.  She made a few mistakes in the beginning (no big deal IMO), was kinda busy with EU matters, did ok for some time, but seemed to slowly disappear in the background.  Were there internal discussions?  I don´t think she´ll be VP again.  

Also, why are a lot of people so surprised with Biden´s performance in the debate?  One has been talking for months about his condition, some mistakes he made, etc  What did they expect? 

JC--

Thanks for your collegial comments. 

I am with you---it is as if Harris has plummeted through a trapdoor in the floor, which was slammed shut. 

Not one person in the vast Donk blabberama-o-sphere is touting Harris for President. (BTW, the GOP blabber-meisters are just as annoying). 

Harris is a poor public speaker, but hardly that much worse than many recent bumblers, such as George Bush Jr.

Trump is a terrible public speaker. 

I assume that, even in private, Harris makes a very poor impression, perhaps she is sinking into an intractable midlife crisis of some sort, a mental depression. Even party stalwarts can't hold their nose at her, but rather run off. 

Who knows?

Well, fortunately, Ben Cole has taken a belated interest in the subject of the competence and "adequacy" of Executive branch personnel.  Better late than never!

We could have used such circumspection from Ben when the U.S. witnessed the most historically corrupt, inept Presidential administration in history, from 2017-21.

How many Trump staffers ended up in prison?  How many felony indictments?

Nor were Pompeo, Trump, and his inept staffers ever heroic adversaries of the Deep State-- aside from firing FBI Directors, (to halt investigations of the 2016 Trump campaign's numerous contacts with Kremlin officials.)

For the most part, "Trump got rolled by Deep State," as Oliver Stone said in 2017.

In any case, this thread about contemporary politics belongs on the designated JFK Records thread, with Ben Cole's numerous other polemical "Biden Snuff Job" threads about the JFK Records.

We should leave scholarly threads about the JFK Records in the hands of our resident experts-- Simpich, DiEugenio, Schnapf, et.al. 

The political punditry should go elsewhere.

But Ben, evidently, didn't get the memo.

Edited by W. Niederhut

I don´t think Trump really cares about the JFK records, he uses the subject as a tool to gain popularity (as a lot of politicians do with other subjects, but Tr. throws a lot lies in the arena as well).  Populism in the long end rarely does any good for the people, but it works to gain votes... watch France.  The same in the Netherlands and a lot of other EU countries, it worries me.