The Education Forum

JFK vs the Neocons Pt. 4

That is amazing if true because from I can read he was the prime protagonist pushing the program.

I guess. I have to read the Fitzgerald book now.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8/17/2024 at 12:43 AM, Ron Bulman said:

Jim, who influenced Rumsfeld and Cheney?  John Birchers, Goldwater, James Madison, the Koch's or Jackson?

The Birchers, Goldwater, Madison, the Kochs would be considered Libertarians today.

Henry Jackson was one of the early prominent non-Jewish neocons.

On 8/17/2024 at 1:50 AM, James DiEugenio said:

Ben:

The iranians gave Israel five hours notice, and then they sent their 99 cent missiles, and five got through.  What they wanted was the radar readings. They now have them.  And I think the USA is a bigger target.

Ron, I really cannot answer that question. But they were both recruited under Nixon. 

Joe that is remarkable, I did not know Teller said that, an unmitigated hawk.

Greg, one of the best posts you have ever made.  And from what I know, its correct.  Reagan got overruled by his staff and the Pentagon.

One of Reagan’s aids remarked that they had to hide certain conservative media like Human Events his view. I remember he was surrounded by the “Troika” of James Baker, Richard Darman and Mike Deaver, that served the same gatekeeper function as Haldeman and Erhlichman did for Nixon. Baker and Darman were Bush people. It was a lot easier to control information inflow of someone like Reagan who was not intellectually curious and might already be suffering from Alzheimers.

According to James Mann, letting himself be controlled at Iceland was a regret for Reagan.

That was a really key moment in modern history.

On top of everything, it might have saved Gorby.

20 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

According to James Mann, letting himself be controlled at Iceland was a regret for Reagan.

That was a really key moment in modern history.

On top of everything, it might have saved Gorby.

100% True.