The Education Forum

BOWERS VERY LIMITED VIEW FROM THE TOWER.

On 9/16/2024 at 9:16 AM, Pat Speer said:

FWIW, a lot of people have looked into Mercer's story and concluded she had pieced together a real event--someone stopping on Elm Street--and mis-remembered it in the aftermath of the shooting. I think it was Larry Hancock who wrote about this decades ago. 

When one thinks about it, moreover, her story makes little sense.

Mercer was a bright and responsible young woman.

You suggest that in just 1, 2 or 3 days after 11,22,1963 ( when she sat for an affidavit for the FBI ) Mercer came up with her pieced together and misremembered recollection of what she saw out of some immature mental or character flaw on her part?

And that she'd risk presenting a made up, pieced together or scattered time-line story like that to the FBI? I guarantee you young and intelligent Ms. Mercer knew what an incredibly important event this was. More important than anything she could ever have imagined.

Lots of quite detailed points and observations in her affidavit. Plaid shirt wearing younger man with a wool beanie type cap. Pulls out of a back of the truck tool box what looked to her like a gun case? Then oddly carries this off up the grassy knoll bank?

She even remembered the end of the case catching on the grass as this young man carried it away.

Mercer just pieced this all together? Made it up as she went along?

There was no other accounts reported like hers when she told it. Nothing for her to borrow from in making it up.

Please, cite some reputable source that ever found Ms Mercer to be of non-credible character? We know she later married a congressman ... state or federal not sure.

Sometimes one has to believe in the credibility of at least a few of the important conspiracy suggesting witnesses in the JFKA case more so than not. They can't be 100% dismissed. Sylvia Odio is another witness who's recollections I believe were true and accurate. With her on scene eye witness sister Anna backing her up.

Edited by Joe Bauer

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic