The Education Forum

A few photodigitally enhanced Badgeman photos

Guest Eugene B. Connolly

Guest Eugene B. Connolly

Here are two Badgeman photos photodigitally enhanced by me.

Eugene...very interesting, but it looks like a digital composite of badgeman

and ROSCOE WHITE posing with a rifle. The give-aways are the left shoulder

and the area of the hand holding the rifle.

I hope you did not combine these two pictures.

Hi Jack! Hope you are feeling better after your recent bout of ill health.

I had never heard of Roscoe White until I saw your reference to him

today. I did not combine anything. I am surprised and gratified by the renewed interest

in an enhancement I did almost a year ago.

Sorry for any disappointment.

Best regards,

Eugene

Edited by Eugene B. Connolly

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Eugene B. Connolly
Will you please post the image that you used for the enhancement?

Your enhancement has features seen only in the Roscoe rifle pic.

I have never seen these features in any enhancement of Badgeman...

especially the left shoulder without the police ensignia.

Jack

The work was done almost a year ago. I shall look through my CD's

for original which is also available on the web and easily found

Regards

EBC

Edited by Eugene B. Connolly

I just watched the Magic Bullet program on the Discovery Channel, again, and noticed the study of Badge Man which demonstrated that proportionally, he is either very small or located very far back into the parking lot. The program said that for Badge Man to have been right up against the fence, he would only have been 2.8' tall. For him to be a 6' man, he would have to have been 40' back in the parking lot and elevated to a height of 25' ("standing on a ladder" is how the program expressed it). How could Gary Mack have been a participant in that study and continue to believe that the photo image is of an actual shooter?

T.C.

Let's put an end to the NONSENSE such as the Magic Bullet show.

Look at the evidence and judge for yourself!

Jack

I thought the gang of four would be all over this by now, showing their

recreations behind the fence with 18-foot ladders forty feet behind the

fence, as they claim. Show us your pictures, please.

Jack

....study of Badge Man which demonstrated that proportionally, he is either very small or located very far back into the parking lot. The program said that for Badge Man to have been right up against the fence, he would only have been 2.8' tall. For him to be a 6' man, he would have to have been 40' back in the parking lot and elevated to a height of 25' ....T.C.

I trust not being a member of any gang on either side of this debate still allows me to comment. I'm going to do so in a separate thread. As I'm fortunate enough to not have to bother with too many responses I expect to be able to carry out a detailed analysis of this question. I'm going to start off with no pre judice on the matter and see where it ends up. It may fall either way, or end up somewhere else entirely.

I just watched the Magic Bullet program on the Discovery Channel, again, and noticed the study of Badge Man which demonstrated that proportionally, he is either very small or located very far back into the parking lot. The program said that for Badge Man to have been right up against the fence, he would only have been 2.8' tall. For him to be a 6' man, he would have to have been 40' back in the parking lot and elevated to a height of 25' ("standing on a ladder" is how the program expressed it). How could Gary Mack have been a participant in that study and continue to believe that the photo image is of an actual shooter?
Let's put an end to the NONSENSE such as the Magic Bullet show. Look at the evidence and judge for yourself!
I thought the gang of four would be all over this by now, showing their recreations behind the fence with 18-foot ladders forty feet behind the fence, as they claim. Show us your pictures, please.

I'm not seeking to promote any "NONSENSE" here, don't know to whom the "gang of four" refers, and always "judge" for myself. Nevertheless, I find Jack's exhibit to be unresponsive in that it doesn't demonstrate the relative scale in relation to other humans seen in the Moorman Photo. A non-polemical response would involve posting an unretouched Moorman Photo with the figures of the humans outlined. Here's a crude example of the exercise I'm suggesting:

post-3567-1141080384_thumb.jpg

T.C.

Let's put an end to the NONSENSE such as the Magic Bullet show. Look at the evidence and judge for yourself!
I thought the gang of four would be all over this by now, showing their recreations behind the fence with 18-foot ladders forty feet behind the fence, as they claim. Show us your pictures, please.

I'm not seeking to promote any "NONSENSE" here, don't know to whom the "gang of four" refers, and always "judge" for myself. Nevertheless, I find Jack's exhibit to be unresponsive in that it doesn't demonstrate the relative scale in relation to other humans seen in the Moorman Photo. A non-polemical response would involve posting an unretouched Moorman Photo with the figures of the humans outlined. Here's a crude example of the exercise I'm suggesting:

post-3567-1141080384_thumb.jpg

T.C.

Tim...I do not know what you mean by UNRESPONSIVE. The relative scale to other

people in the photo is immaterial.

My photo was taken by film documentary maker Nigel Turner, an accomplished

cameraman himself.

His photo was shot from the Moorman position across Elm, with a standard

50mm 35mm lens.

His photo shows three researchers posing to simulate the positions of three

people seen in Moorman.

His photo shows that these three subjects matched Moorman within reason

given varying heights of individuals.

NO STUDY was undertaken AT THIS TIME of the three people on the steps nor

the two people on the pedestal...SO IT IS IRRELEVANT. Perhaps YOU would

like to undertake such a study?

Thanks for your response.

Jack

PS. You are not very observant if you cannot identify the gang of four.

Tim...I do not know what you mean by UNRESPONSIVE. The relative scale to other people in the photo is immaterial.

The relative scale to other people in the photo is anything but "immaterial." If, in comparison with an approximately 6' tall Emmett Hudson, Badge Man can be seen to be less than 3' tall, that would be material.

My photo was taken by film documentary maker Nigel Turner, an accomplished cameraman himself. His photo was shot from the Moorman position across Elm, with a standard 50mm 35mm lens. His photo shows three researchers posing to simulate the positions of three [hypothetical] people seen in Moorman.

Rather than compare hypothetical people to other hypothetical people, I've simply requested that the hypothetical people be shown in comparison with established human images in the photo, such as Zapruder, Sitzman or Hudson. Obviously, no one need respond who agrees with Jack's statement that "the relative scale to other people in the photo is immaterial." Note also that Turner's simulation shows the Gordon Arnold figure partially revealed to the left of the retaining wall, in contrast to the Moorman Photo.

NO STUDY was undertaken AT THIS TIME of the three people on the steps nor the two people on the pedestal...SO IT IS IRRELEVANT. Perhaps YOU would like to undertake such a study?

I have no use for undertaking a study of whether or not Zapruder, Sitzman, Hudson and the other two unidentified men on the steps are authentic humans. I am familiar with the film alterationists' argument. Jack himself has argued about why one would bother studying images in fake films and photographs. Apparently Jack doesn't apply that to Moorman's Badge Man, Hard Hat Man and Gordon Arnold, although a cavalier dismissal of the relevance of scale to other humans is considered appropriate. Go figure....

You are not very observant if you cannot identify the gang of four.

I don't deserve to be personally attacked because I don't keep track of Jack White's decades of petty squabbles. So as not to be remiss in the future, perhaps he could simply name the "gang of four."

T.C.

I'll address two things here .....

1) The alleged Badge Man digitial enhancement at the top of this thread is nothing more than a transparency overlay of Roscoe White over the top of the Badge Man image. It was taken from either an animation I created or one of the stills I posted some time ago. The shoulder of Roscoe White is quite noticeable in the alleged enhancement. (see below)

post-1084-1141108103_thumb.jpg post-1084-1141108129_thumb.gif

2) One can take ordinary people and place them where Arnold said he stood, along with where Badge Man was located behind the fence and replicate their images above the wall from Moorman's location. 6'2" Tony Cummings took up the Badge Man location by merely standing on the bottom horizontal support board of the wooden fence. A concrete parking barrier at the same location could have allowed Tony to achieve the same result. The conclusion we reached was that real people standing above the knoll could replicate the Badge Man images with little effort.

post-1084-1141108639_thumb.jpg

Bill Miller

JFK assassination researcher/investigator

Edited by Bill Miller

Bill, could you post or email a large version of this image please? I assume the person visible roughly where bm is supposed to be is this 6'2" person? Are there others there in the photo you post? It's very poor resolution and I can't see clearly to use.

post-1084-1141108639_thumb.jpg

The conclusion we reached was that real people standing above the knoll could replicate the Badge Man images with little effort.

Are the simulation stand-ins proportional to scale with the Badge Man, Gordon Arnold and Hard Hat images? What is there to make of the study showing that Badge Man is much smaller than the humans known to be present in Moorman, such as Zapruder, Sitzman and Hudson? Is there an overlay which shows Badge Man's size compared with the known humans shown in Moorman. Something that would demonstrate what the following photo crudely attempts? How could Gary Mack participate in a study that concluded, without caveat, that for Badge Man to be proportional, he would have to be 40' behind the fence?

post-3567-1141109932_thumb.jpg

T.C.

Thank you very much Bill. could you please say which are actual persons. A and D are clear.

#B and C?

#Also it looks to me that D are standing on ground, is this correct. It helps to get idea of ground level behind wall. If so is this the same ground level across the whole behind wall?

#Do I understand correctly that A is standing on the first cross beam of the wooden fence.

#I just want to get this as clear as possible before starting to look at it.

Also I assume this was taken approximately from the Moorman positiion

in anticipation, thank you.

The conclusion we reached was that real people standing above the knoll could replicate the Badge Man images with little effort.

Are the simulation stand-ins proportional to scale with the Badge Man, Gordon Arnold and Hard Hat images? What is there to make of the study showing that Badge Man is much smaller than the humans known to be present in Moorman, such as Zapruder, Sitzman and Hudson? Is there an overlay which shows Badge Man's size compared with the known humans shown in Moorman. Something that would demonstrate what the following photo crudely attempts? How could Gary Mack participate in a study that concluded, without caveat, that for Badge Man to be proportional, he would have to be 40' behind the fence?

post-3567-1141109932_thumb.jpg

T.C.

I think these are important questions. Since basic laws of physics/geometry apply one can assume that these figures placed anywhere along an arc centered on moormans position would be of the same size. There is also a simple reduction increase in size depending on whether the figure is further away or closer.

Edited by John Dolva

Thank you very much Bill. could you please say which are actual persons. A and D are clear.

#B and C?

#Also it looks to me that D are standing on ground, is this correct. It helps to get idea of ground level behind wall. If so is this the same ground level across the whole behind wall?

#Do I understand correctly that A is standing on the first cross beam of the wooden fence.

#I just want to get this as clear as possible before starting to look at it.

Also I assume this was taken approximately from the Moorman positiion

in anticipation, thank you.

John, I am not sure what the letters you mentioned are supposed to represent, but just under the sunspots in the photo are two distinct figures (Mike Brown and Tony Cummings) seen against the sky above the fence. Mike stood just at the sidewalks edge on its west side and Tony was in the RR yard against the wooden fence. Moorman was looking uphill and this is why Arnold looks so tall against the Badge Man image - because Gordon was closer to the top of the hill and Badge Man was further back. If I wanted to better match up the body widths - I would've had Mike and Tony switch positions because Mike is a much bigger boned man than Tony. I included another illustration marking the general locations of the main characters.

Below is my photo in a transparency overlay with Moorman's.

Bill

post-1084-1141111808_thumb.gif

post-1084-1141111911_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bill Miller