The Education Forum

David Ferrie

Thank you Mr. Roy.

I am very surprised on several of the answers you have given. I never knew it this because of the film from Stone. Even though I like the film version.

In the JFK movie it is David Ferrie who does speak to Jim Garrison.

Well, a motion picture is not evidence. Garrison took a few liberties in his book, and Stone took even more liberties with "JFK". Not criticizing him, it does make for a better film, but not strictly accurate.

As for the 1963 Ferrie interview, there is really only one contemporaneous document, and Garrison is not listed as present at that encounter. And a former ADA told me he was not there in 1963.

As for the 1966 interview, it was John Volz, period. Garrison was not there. As for the 1967 interview, it was Sciambra an Ivon in Ferrie's apartment, and Garrison was not there.

If there is anything in the medical reports about David Ferrie being hit over the head and or any head injury please let me know?

I presume this means at the time of his death. No, there was no evidence of an external blow. The proximate cause of death was a stroke. My understanding is that a few people believe the stroke may have been brought on by some external means.

I have new information about Ferrie's medical condition. He saw a doctor and was actually hospitalized in the fall of 1966. The symptoms he was complaining of are quite interesting.

I have noted before that Ferrie had long experienced severe headaches from 2pm to 6pm. He began complaining of head pain and other symptoms in the spring of 1966 and thought he might have encephalitis. He made out a new will in mid-1966, and the man who performed his autopsy said he had had a couple of previous minor bleeds in his brain area.

See, Files stated to me that he knew he was hit over the head and in a certain way that would be a blow to the back of the head. He has an idea now of possible two people who may have done it.

I don't know much about Files, but I doubt that he was in a position to know much about the circumstances of Ferrie's death. Somebody asked the coroner in 1967 if a sharp external blow might have caused Ferrie's death, and it has entered assassination lore. I think Files may have read that somewhere.

Ferrie was found in his bed, as if he had retired for the evening. There was a small, seemingly bloody mass next to his mouth, as though he had bled or vomited.

The death scene was very eery. Like Stephen said, eyes open and in his bed.

Ferrie's head showed no visible trauma but there was an abrasion of sorts under his top lip. This poor quality image below shows Ferrie during his autopsy and the abrasion being demonstrated. I am not able to post the actual and very clear series of photographs but one can get the idea here.

Obviously it could be theorized that something was forced into Ferrie's mouth and down his throat.

FWIW.

James

Edited by James Richards

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is an interesting passage from Edward T. Haslam's Dr. Mary's Monkey:

In March 1967 Garrison arrested New Orleans businessman Clay Shaw for conspiring to assassinate President Kennedy. At first Garrison called the assassination a crime organized by extremist elements of the anti-Castro community, and to prevent any misinterpretation, he specifically pointed out that his team had not found any evidence of involvement by the CIA itself. But in May 1967, all that changed.

Garrison upped the stakes by announcing on national television that Kennedy's death was a coup d'etat organized by elements inside the CIA, particularly in its Plans Division.' What followed was two years of heavy character assault on Garrison.

The heart of Garrison's case was that he had associated Clay Shaw with Lee Harvey Oswald during the summer of 1963. Garrison believed Shaw's contact with Oswald was part of a deliberate attempt to set up Oswald to take the blame for Kennedy's impending assassination. In particular, Garrison claimed that Shaw tried to help Oswald get a job at a mental hospital in Jackson, Louisiana, near the town of Clinton. According to Garrison, Shaw drove Oswald to Clinton so Oswald could register to vote in hopes of improving his chances of getting the job at the hospital.

As luck would have it, the Congress for Racial Equality was sponsoring a voter registration for black voters that day. When a black Cadillac drove into the center of the small Louisiana town, folks watched closely and curiously. Were these FBI agents? The press? Outside agitators? A young white man emerged from the back of the Cadillac and got in line to register. He made a memorable impression, since he was the only white person in the line and since he was not a resident of the area. Numerous eyewitnesses identified the person who got out of the Cadillac as Oswald, and, of course, the man had given his name to the registrar of voters as Lee Harvey Oswald.

The more difficult question: Who was driving the car? Witnesses said he looked like Clay Shaw, a white male in his fifties with wavy gray hair and a stern face. This described Shaw well enough, but it also described other people equally well. There was less difficulty identifying the other passenger in the car. His orange hair and painted-on eyebrows made seeing David Ferrie a truly unforgettable experience for anyone. Since it was already established that Ferrie knew Guy Banister and Oswald (all of whom were dead by '69), it was difficult for Garrison to prove that the man driving the car was actually Clay Shaw and not someone else, like Banister. Shaw, of course, claimed he never knew Oswald or Ferrie and had never been to Clinton. Garrison failed to prove the connection to the satisfaction of the jury. Shaw was acquitted.

Garrison counterattacked, claiming that Shaw had lied under oath and charged him with thirteen counts of perjury, confident that he would win the perjury conviction in the next trial. The federal government intervened, however, and dismissed the perjury charges; thus with the acquittal of Clay Shaw in 1969, Garrison was neutralized as a political force.

A decade later, the U.S. Congress's House Select Committee on Assassinations took a second look at the Clinton incident. On March 14, 1978, they took the testimony of Clinton town marshal John Manchester in Washington. Manchester said that he approached the black Cadillac from which Oswald had emerged that summer day in 1963 and, acting as the town's law enforcement officer, instructed the driver to identify himself and to produce his driver's license, The driver gave his name as "Clay Shaw from the International Trade Mart" and produced a driver's license which matched. For some reason, the HSCA took his testimony in "Executive Session" and kept this information secret from the American public for sixteen years.

We only know about it today because of documents released through the JFK Assassination Materials Act of 1992! With information of this magnitude continuing to come to light, it will be tomorrow's historians, and not yesterday's press, who will have to judge Jim Garrison and his assassination theory. To call him "discredited" is extremely premature, despite the numerous attempts to make him appear so. We may owe Garrison an apology before it's all over.

Ed Haslam (Dr. Mary's Monkey) argues that "Ochsner's hospital was one of the 159 covert research centers which the CIA had admitted to setting up." Haslam believes that Ochsner recruited Mary Sherman to run the research operation The basic project was set up March 23, 1962, using conventional facilities, which then expanded out of the loop for its final phases. Haslam believes that Sherman was involved in carrying out secret research into developing a vaccine to prevent an epidemic of soft-tissue cancers caused by polio vaccine contaminated with SV-40. This work included using a linear particle accelerator located in the Infectious Disease Laboratory at the Public Health Service Hospital in New Orleans. According to Haslam there was a second-lab working on this project. This was being run by David Ferrie on Louisiana Avenue Parkway.

Ed Haslam (Dr. Mary's Monkey) argues that "Ochsner's hospital was one of the 159 covert research centers which the CIA had admitted to setting up." Haslam believes that Ochsner recruited Mary Sherman to run the research operation The basic project was set up March 23, 1962, using conventional facilities, which then expanded out of the loop for its final phases. Haslam believes that Sherman was involved in carrying out secret research into developing a vaccine to prevent an epidemic of soft-tissue cancers caused by polio vaccine contaminated with SV-40. This work included using a linear particle accelerator located in the Infectious Disease Laboratory at the Public Health Service Hospital in New Orleans. According to Haslam there was a second-lab working on this project. This was being run by David Ferrie on Louisiana Avenue Parkway.
Yes and no. The bulk of the testimony was taken April 6-8, 1964, but a few people were questioned on July 21. And the Commission was not there, just counsels Liebeler and Jenner.

Stephen, you are probably the world's leading expert on David Ferrie. What do you make of Ed Haslam's claim posted here:

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=3205

The link leads to a thread, and I'm not sure which of Haslam's statements you reference. Can you quote a specific one here?

Nevertheless, let me make a generalized statement: I have read only the first edition of Mary, Ferrie and the Monkey Virus, and the online portions of Dr. Mary's Monkey. I am a real stick in the mud when it comes to evidence. As intriguing as Haslam's theories are, he actually offers very little checkable evidence, if you read closely. In his original edition, he seemed to speculate a lot; a few pages later, the speculation would become fact; and he would then pile "fact" upon "fact" to create the impression of something sinister.

They key to his main thesis is that Ferrie had a working relationship with Dr. Mary Sherman, but he presents no evidence that the two were acquainted in his first edition. He merely speuclates that they had common interests and quotes Garrison (who could often be wrong) as a source on the relationship. Whatever one may think of Ferrie's surviving friends and acquaintences, I find it hard to believe that they would all be lying about the following: I have asked those I've interviewed if they knew of Ferrie working with a woman doctor, or a woman named Mary Sherman, or if they recognize her pictures, and none have any recollection of her. How could this be? Likewise, they recall no white mice or laboratory at Ferrie's apartment at 3330 Louisiana Avenue Parkway. Along the same line, the late Don Lee Keith spent many years researching a biography of Sherman, and his papers reveal NO link between the two, save a document from a local reporter working with Garrison, whose source was...Garrison.

Sherman's death was surely an unsolved mirder, and who knows if it may have been related to her work. The link between her death and the JFK matter is Ferrie; and given the paucity of evidence that she knew or worked with Ferrie, it is hard to do anything other than file this under interesting speculations. I tried to discuss this with Haslam, but he seems to have dropped contact with me.

Barring any new evidence, this is my take on it, in a general way.

• 7 months later...

James DiEugenio, review of Larry Hancock's Someone Would Have Talked (March, 2008)

http://www.ctka.net/someone_would.html

On page 298, Hancock writes that the Oswald as Lone Nut story was created after the fact as a damage control device and was not part of the plot. If that is true then why did Shaw and Ferrie try to get Oswald a position at a mental hospital in Jackson, Louisiana in the summer of 1963? When Garrison studied this incident he concluded its goal was to get Oswald into such a hospital under any circumstances. And then announce after the assassination that he had been there as a patient. Presto! You have the officially deranged sociopath the Warren Commission tries to portray. Also, on and dovetailing with this, multi-millionaire Jock Whitney did a curious thing on 11/22/63. He went to work as a copy editor at the New York Herald Tribune -- a paper that he owned. One of the things he did was to approve an editorial that suggested that very Lone Nut scenario. (Probe Vol. 7 No. 1 p. 20) Right after making this unwarranted assumption, Hancock writes about how the plotters actually meant to portray the patsy: "The plotters were presenting Oswald as a paid Castro agent associating with Castro operatives." (Ibid) Two questions I have about this "presentation." First, who was paying him and how much? In other words, what happened to the money? Second, who were these pro-Castro operatives? I fail to see them in any study of Oswald. This seems to me to be, outside the fantasy world of Gus Russo, a vacuous and unsupportable concept.

James DiEugenio, review of Larry Hancock's Someone Would Have Talked (March, 2008)

http://www.ctka.net/someone_would.html

On page 298, Hancock writes that the Oswald as Lone Nut story was created after the fact as a damage control device and was not part of the plot. If that is true then why did Shaw and Ferrie try to get Oswald a position at a mental hospital in Jackson, Louisiana in the summer of 1963? When Garrison studied this incident he concluded its goal was to get Oswald into such a hospital under any circumstances. And then announce after the assassination that he had been there as a patient. Presto! You have the officially deranged sociopath the Warren Commission tries to portray. Also, on and dovetailing with this, multi-millionaire Jock Whitney did a curious thing on 11/22/63. He went to work as a copy editor at the New York Herald Tribune -- a paper that he owned. One of the things he did was to approve an editorial that suggested that very Lone Nut scenario. (Probe Vol. 7 No. 1 p. 20) Right after making this unwarranted assumption, Hancock writes about how the plotters actually meant to portray the patsy: "The plotters were presenting Oswald as a paid Castro agent associating with Castro operatives." (Ibid) Two questions I have about this "presentation." First, who was paying him and how much? In other words, what happened to the money? Second, who were these pro-Castro operatives? I fail to see them in any study of Oswald. This seems to me to be, outside the fantasy world of Gus Russo, a vacuous and unsupportable concept.

I present a number of incidents which implied that Oswald was either a paid agent of Castro or a political follower who was acting to somehow protect the Cuban revolution and Castro. As an example, the infamous Pedro Charles letters clearly suggest Oswald was following orders, had been in Cuba, that the Chief was well pleased and he would be rewarded when he made it back there. Hoover was initially very interested in that view and was for holding out for a possible Cuban involvement in the FBI report – that can be seen in FBI internal communications. Martino had tried the same pitch directly to the FBI immediately after the assassination. Later, in 1966, Roselli tried to float the story of Castro operatives and a hit team sent into the U.S. by Castro.

My remarks about the Dallas attack requiring local intelligence was in regard to details of the motorcade, police assignments, security plans – and possibly even the identification of police who could be used for certain minor tasks. That sort of intelligence could only come from someone with a broad exposure to the force, including experience with officers considered “dirty” or open to supplying information for money or favors. Obviously, Jack Ruby was a perfect fit for such tasks.

The fact that the extensive problems with the medical evidence remained obscure does not alter the fundamental problems with the official autopsy conclusions. Problems so severe that the Justice Department had to covertly prepare one of the autopsy doctors as a “backup” witness and hold him in readiness in New Orleans during the Garrison medical testimony. The point is that there are glaring problems which argue against a smoothly planned cover-up integrated with a well- oiled conspiracy. It’s also important to remember that in the face of gag orders, security oaths, burned notes and missing reports, individuals such as David Lifton and Harold Weisberg had been fighting through the quagmire for decades before the revealing work of the ARRB.

• 2 years later...

As I've mentioned, Polk's New Orleans City Directory 1965 lists:

Ferrie, David W psychologist h3330 Louisiana av pkwy

Mr. Ferrie was a professional psychologist, or represented himself as one?

According to the Louisiana State Board of Examiners of Psychologists website:

http://www.lsbep.org/rules.htm

Licensure of persons in Louisiana representing themselves to the public as psychologists and regulation of the practice of psychology is the responsibility of the State Board of Examiners of Psychologists. Act 347 of the 1964 Legislature, specifying the duties and powers of the board, as well as the requirements for licensure, has been codified as R. S. 37:2351-2367.

With the exception of some individuals licensed under the “grandfather clause” of the law, licensure indicates that an individual has met the legal requirements of age, citizenship, and residency, holds the doctoral degree in psychology from a school or college recognized by the board, has passed the prescribed written and oral examinations for licensure, and has completed at least two years of post-doctoral experience practicing under the supervision of a qualified psychologist.

What were Ferrie's credentials as a psychologist? What were the licensing requirements in Louisiana at the time? Was he "grandfathered" in?

Could anyone set up practice by putting up a home made sign along the sidewalk reading "The Psychologist is In", like "Lucy" in the cartoon strip "Peanuts"?

It reads to me that pre 1964 act such was the case. The grandfather clause needs looking at. It would specify the criteria for the law not to be applied retroactively.

To the best of my knowledge:

Ferrie had a Ph.D. in psychology from the University of Bari (Phoenix) in Italy. It was basically a correspondence school. Ferrie became affiliated with it in about 1954, and traveled there for some sort of finals in July 1957, the date of his degree. This institution did not follow the conventional US (or Italian) norms for the awarding of degrees. The US HEW investigated it (among others) in 1960, and described it as a something of a "degree mill." When Ferrie was fighting his suspension/dismissal from Eastern Air Lines between 1961-63, the company's investigators challenged the authenticity of that degree. Nevertheless, as his temp job with G. Wray Gill (related to the Marcello case, among others) was winding down in 1963, Ferrie tried to set himself up as a psychologist, both at his home and at an office building on Perdido. Neighbors reported young teen boys coming and going from Ferrie's home, but it is unclear which were patients and which were not. By January 1964, Ferrie had pretty much abandoned this a a means of making a living, and opened a service station.

I don't believe he was ever licensed. And I presume the Polk's listing was out of date.

To the best of my knowledge:

Ferrie had a Ph.D. in psychology from the University of Bari (Phoenix) in Italy. It was basically a correspondence school. Ferrie became affiliated with it in about 1954, and traveled there for some sort of finals in July 1957, the date of his degree. This institution did not follow the conventional US (or Italian) norms for the awarding of degrees. The US HEW investigated it (among others) in 1960, and described it as a something of a "degree mill." When Ferrie was fighting his suspension/dismissal from Eastern Air Lines between 1961-63, the company's investigators challenged the authenticity of that degree. Nevertheless, as his temp job with G. Wray Gill (related to the Marcello case, among others) was winding down in 1963, Ferrie tried to set himself up as a psychologist, both at his home and at an office building on Perdido. Neighbors reported young teen boys coming and going from Ferrie's home, but it is unclear which were patients and which were not. By January 1964, Ferrie had pretty much abandoned this a a means of making a living, and opened a service station.

I don't believe he was ever licensed. And I presume the Polk's listing was out of date.

Thanks, very informative.

The 1965 Polk directory (as ususal for such directories and telephone books) was compiled the year before given date.

The '65 Polk lists "Banister, Mary W (wid W Guy) h 7059 Argonne", and Guy Banister died in June of '64, suggesting the directory was updated at least to that month.

P.S.: I wonder if the state passing stricter licensing standards was a contributing factor to his deciding to give up on the psychology biz.

Edited by Daniel Meyer

• 4 months later...

END

I am currently use firefox 36.12 and am having a repeat of the same problems I had awhile back, can an administrator suggest what I should do.

It all began when I attempted to post a translation from a USAID related website from European language to English which pertained to a member of the Murret family

in relation to phone calls to the Tradewinds Motel in Buloxi, MS in 1963 and a Elisabeth Kulik of Eastern Airlines

Security Error: Content at http://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/ may not load data from http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=3205&st=45.

Security Error: Content at http://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/ may not load data from http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=959845.

Guest Tom Scully

Robert,

The problem may be a firefox configuration conflict related to doubleclick, which is viewed as a security risk by the firefox

browser security settings since doubleclick's purpose is to send cookie files to your firefox file folders.

At least as likely is a Google adsense conflict which could be related to adsense advertisements running at the top of this forum page. This forum displays them to help defray the costs of the forum, and the file you are trying to upload may contain adsense script lines from another site,; i.e. a conflicting adsense account.

It also may be caused by a conflict of firefox vs. a google adsense script contained in the file you are trying to upload.

Can you copy and paste the translation into your post? I tried doing that in a small translation of a page that mentions USAID and E. Murret, but it was only a few translated paragraphs.

A more in depth explanation of the conflict which may be triggering the messages you posted is available here.:

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=54248

Robert,

The problem may be a firefox configuration conflict related to doubleclick, which is viewed as a security risk by the firefox

browser security settings since doubleclick's purpose is to send cookie files to your firefox file folders.

At least as likely is a Google adsense conflict which could be related to adsense advertisements running at the top of this forum page. This forum displays them to help defray the costs of the forum, and the file you are trying to upload may contain adsense script lines from another site,; i.e. a conflicting adsense account.

It also may be caused by a conflict of firefox vs. a google adsense script contained in the file you are trying to upload.

Can you copy and paste the translation into your post? I tried doing that in a small translation of a page that mentions USAID and E. Murret, but it was only a few translated paragraphs.

A more in depth explanation of the conflict which may be triggering the messages you posted is available here.:

http://forums.spybot...ead.php?t=54248

Telephone Calls of Eugene John Murret

Date 11/30/63

BILL DATED 7/5/63

October 27, 1963 DDD Call to Beaumont, Texas

Area Code A/C 713 Telephone Number TW 2-9473

BILL DATED 10/6/63

September 30, 1963 Station to Station Call to

Beaumont, Texas, AC 713

Telephone TW 2-9473

BILL DATED 9/5/63

August 14, 1963 Station to Station Call to

Newark, New Jersey AC 201

Telephone # HU 5-1541.

September 1, 1963 Person to Person call to Allen

Waller Atlanta, Georgia

AC 404 Telephone # TR 2-1765

BILL DATED 8/5/63

July 6, 1963 Call from “Murrett” in

Fayetteville, Arkansas

from a pay-phone HI 2-9591 [con’t. next page]

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?docId=57682&relPageId=173

to M. Herdohoff

New Orleans, Louisiana,

Telephone # 891-2298

July 7, 1963 Station to Station call to

Beaumont, Texas AC 713

Telephone # TE 8-3943

July 7, 1963 Collect call from Barling,

Arkansas, station to station

to John Murret at coin phone

883-0926

July 11, 1963 Station to Station call to

Beaumont, Texas AC 713 Telephone #

TE 8-3943

July 15, 1963 Person to Person to Gene Murret

Mobile, Alabama,

AC 205, telephone # 342-6465

July 18, 1963 Person to Person call made to Miss

Els beth Kulik c/o Eastern

Airlines, Houston Texas,

Telephone #644-1261. Call

made by John Murrett billed

to Hunter 8-4236 by the

3rd number Billing System.

Toll Ticket contains notation

that John Murrett is son of

Dutz Murrett.

July 16, 1963 Person to Person from Murrett to

Allen Waller, Atlanta, Georgia

AC 404 Telephone #TR 2-1765

FBI 105-82555 Oswald HQ File, Section 10 pg 174

BILL DATED 7/5/63

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?docId=57682&relPageId=174

July 1, 1963 - Station to Station to Beaumont,

Texas A/C 713 Telephone TE 8-3943

June 19, 1963 telephone call to Elisabeth Kulik

(room 299) San Antonio, Texas, A/C 512

Telephone # DI 4-4581.

June 8, 1963 The Trade Winds Motel, Biloxi

Mississippi Area Code 601

Telephone #ID 5-2351

June 6, 1963 (person to person) to Reverend

(name not shown) at The Trade Winds Motel

Biloxi Mississippi, Area Code 601

Telephone #ID 5-2351

Toll records for HU 8-4326 prior to July 1963 have been destroyed and current toll records concerning calls made after November 5, 1963

will not be available until the regular billing date December 5, 1963

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?docId=57682&relPageId=175

<br class="Apple-interchange-newline">

KULIK, ELSBETH -----

Sources: WC Vol 26, p. 773

Mary's Comments: Airline stewardess; called at Eastern Airlines, Houston, from New Orleans pay station; charged to Murrets.

END

Travel time by car from Mobile, Alabama to Biloxi, Mississippi is about 1 hour and 8 minutes.

According to google maps

I believe this material alone poses three specific questions.

1. Are these phone calls related in any way to the Oswald family trip to Springhill College, Jesuit Studies, where Lee gave his address regarding Life in the Soviet Union?

2. Do the above records provide reason to believe that all of the names associated with the "Ferrie trip to Galveston," including the phone calls is not complete, or at least, should not be viewed as an isolated event re same?

Among the knowledge base of "what we know now, that we didn't know then," in large part due to the works of George Michael Evica and historians in general,

it is a fact that religious organizations had, [and probably continue to have] been utilized for intelligence purposes.

3. Isn't it at least a possibility that Eugene Murrett's request for Lee to come to Mobile, to enlighten the seminarians about life in the USSR, was not made with the

best intentions?

PS If anyone noticed the disparity in the spellings of Murret, Murrett.....

it is because at best the compilers of the the Warren Report’s Supporting Documents didn't bother to get it right, and at worst they were instructed to deliberately misspell names to hide associations and possible incriminating evidence.

Eugene John Murret

Was in Springhill College’s seminary, preparing to become a Jesuit priest in 1963 when he invited Lee Harvey Oswald to address

the students regarding life in the Soviet Union.

He later became Executive Council to Governor McKeithen of Louisiana from 1969-71, and is reported to have investigated Jim Garrison;

but his political ascendancy didn’t stop there. In 1993, he became a Circuit Court Judge for U.S. Court of Appeals in Denver,

the Judicial Administrator for the Louisiana Supreme Court and then on to USAID where he received the title of Administrator Justice

Sector Development Project (JSDP)

Also See google translation for USAID JSDP

New USAID Sector Development Project is a three year partnership activities funded with 4.9 million dollars

that will continue the success of the first JSDP (2004-2009) while at the same time launch a significant new reform initiative.

JSDP II will continue its significant partnership initiative of its predecessor with its High Judicial and Prosecutorial Council

(HJDP) Ministry of Justice (MOJ) and the courts. In addition, JSDP II will launch a new partnership

with prosecutors as an ambitious new engagement with civil society. JSDP II will support the rule of law in Bosnia..........

photo of Eugene J Murret at the URL below

JSDP Administrator Eugene Murret (l) and translator listen as Court President Hajrudin Halilovic ® discusses improvements to the court.

http://www.usaid.gov...2008-11-10.html

<br class="Apple-interchange-newline">

Edited by Robert Howard