The Education Forum

Furrows in the grass

It was the one in the corner that first caught my eye while watching the z-film, because he moves too much.

Here's a poor animation I did some time ago, using the Warren Report print of the frame, compared with the AB Smith version and Costella I think. I can do much better now.

- lee

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was the one in the corner that first caught my eye while watching the z-film, because he moves too much.

Here's a poor animation I did some time ago, using the Warren Report print of the frame, compared with the AB Smith version and Costella I think.  I can do much better now.

- lee

Lee.

This is a crop of a frame Z-183

willisgirl2.jpg

This is a frame from the hughes film provided by Lee. (Robin Unger)

Robin and Lee,

I was just curious about that frame Robin posted. I was checking what frames of the Hughes film I had and I found the following. I'm not sure if it's the exact same frame as your's but I noticed this curious item which I have circled. It does not appear to be in the frame Robin posted.

Any ideas?

James

Robin and Lee,

I was just curious about that frame Robin posted. I was checking what frames of the Hughes film I had and I found the following. I'm not sure if it's the exact same frame as your's but I noticed this curious item which I have circled. It does not appear to be in the frame Robin posted.

Any ideas?

James

James

That one looks nicely blocked open to give the spotter about 8 inches of open window.

The bright round lens is a big support to Lee's whole theory, looks like a tripod telescope type thing, a 200 mm. thing.

James,

I will look into it. I think it's interesting to note that the Culligan scenario, as per the Hulet Paper, does not have the sniper located in the farthest west window.

Shanet - it was suggested to me that this light may be a dangling lightbulb, suspended from the ceiling. I think this object, which I still believe is a lens, is much closer to the window. It also moves independently. Also, if we are looking up at the window, and viewing a lightbulb, then logic says we would see the same light from a different perspective - especially if it was taken at a more-or-less similar altitude.

Bell seems to imply, IMO, that it isn't a lightbulb :rolleyes: . The Bray document says 2 films from the TSBD.

- lee

Robin and Lee,

Any ideas?

James

Thanks James.

That frame makes the light spot even clearer than the frame i posted.

Lee.

In the WC images of the far west window on the 5th floor showing the 3 boys it doesn't show any dangling light globes swinging in front of the window, i am sure that lights were all fixed to the ceiling.

CE 488 - Photograph of the southwest corner of the fifth floor of the Texas School Book Depository Building.

WH_Vol17_0116a.jpg

In this image note the light shade is fixed to the ceiling.

[CE 492 - Photograph of the west side of the fifth floor of the Texas School Book Depository Building.WH_Vol17_0117a.jpg

Edited by Robin Unger

James,

Robin and Lee,

That is very interesting indeed. It looks like it extends beyond the vertical surface of the exterior of the building.

Another curious not.

Look at the two windows on the extreme west side of the sixth floor. Both of them are open.

Now compare them with the beginning of the Alyea film here:

http://www.jfk-online.com/1alyea.html

The easternmost of the two windows is closed.

Which came first, the Hughes film or the Alyea film? If Alyea came after Highes, why would someone close that window?

Steve Thomas

James,

Robin and Lee,

That is very interesting indeed. It looks like it extends beyond the vertical surface of the exterior of the building.

Another curious not.

Look at the two windows on the extreme west side of the sixth floor. Both of them are open.

Now compare them with the beginning of the Alyea film here:

http://www.jfk-online.com/1alyea.html

The easternmost of the two windows is closed.

Which came first, the Hughes film or the Alyea film? If Alyea came after Highes, why would someone close that window?

Steve Thomas

Alyea1.jpg

Which came first, the Hughes film or the Alyea film? If Alyea came after Highes, why would someone close that window? (Steve Thomas)

Hi Steve,

I am far from an expert on the extant Dealey Plaza footage but from watching the Hughes film and given the cuts and jumps, one would have to say that this part of the film was no more than 2 minutes after the shooting.

Given that, it seems unlikely that an assassination participant would be still positioned there but as you pointed out, whatever that object is, it extends beyond the vertical surface of the exterior of the building.

Bizarre.

James