The Education Forum

De Mohrenschildt and George Bush snr

I was reading the book 'American Dynasty' by Kevin Philips which about the Bush family when I surprisingly came upon a reference to George De Mohrenschildt.

It seems like its easier to make connections between Oswald and Bush than would be thought. Not direct associations obviously!

The paragraph talks about Bush CIA links as early as 1954-55. Bruce damson said that "George Bush and Edwin Pauley (both CIA) were both listed in 1954-9155 in (CIA asset) George De Mohrenschildts personal address book which I obtained a copy of from the West Palm Beach Sheriffs office in 1992"

The book goes on to say 'In 1988, project censored, a journalistic consortium based in California, chose the probablitiy of george H.W. Bush being a CIA asset in 1963, when he ran Zapata offshore, as one of the "top 10 censored" stories that year'

Now hopefully, if the address book was available in 1992, it might be available today.

Me thinks that a nicely written letter to the west palm beach sherrifs office might be what the doctor ordered.

It being a censored story is another example of operation mockingbird.

Now this is hardly a tenuous link to the assassination. I am not insinuating guilt by associaion, but I am saying that Bush may have had a bigger hand in BOP than we give him credit for. For gods sake Batistas son now works with Jeb Bush in Florida!

Food for thought.

John

Edited by John Geraghty

DCI Bush's response to a 1976 letter from DeMohrenschildt

Dear George,

You will excuse this hand-written letter.Maybe you will be able to bring a solution into the hopeless situation I find myself in.My wife and I find ourselves surrounded by vigilantes;our phone bugged and we are being followed everywhere.Either FBI is involved in this or they do not want to accept my complaint.We are driven to insanity by this situation.I have been behaving like a damn fool since my daughter died from CF over 3 years ago.I tried to write,stupidly and unsuccessfully about Lee H. Oswald and must have annoyed a lot of people-I don't know.But to punish an elderly man like myself and my highly nervous and sick wife is really too much.Could you do something to remove this net around us.This will be my last request for help and I will not annoy you any more.

There are many documents online which reveal the relationship between Bush and De Mohrenschildt. De Mohrenschildt also knew LBJ and Jackie Kennedy, so it's tough to say what the significance of his knowing someone really was.

The cover-up of Bush' role in the CIA is indeed an important and over-looked story, particularly in light of the fact that someone in Dubya's cabinet outed a female CIA officer in response to her husband making some statements damaging to Bush. Whatever happened to that investigation by the way? Where are the indictments?

• 1 year later...

Hi guys,

I hope John is home and well in Ireland and he didn't get too beat up by the hardballers in DC.

Is this document for real, and if so is this the one that led to the Other George Bush of the CIA?

BK 1-Pogen

1-Liaison

1-Nasca

Date: November 29, 1963

To: Director

Bureau of Intelligence and Research FBI

Department of State

Subject: ASSASSINATON OF PRESIDENT JOHN F. KENNEDY

NOVEMBER 22, 1963

Our Miami, Florida, Office on November 23, 1963 advised that the Office of Coordinator of Cuban Affairs in Miami advises that the Dept. of State feels some misguided anti-Castro group might capitalize on the present situation and undertake an unauthorized raid against Cuba, believing that the assassination of President Kennedy might herald a change in U.S. policy, which is not true.

Our sources and information familiar with Cuban matters in the Miami area advise that the general feeling in the anti-Castro Cuban community is one of stunned disbelief and, even among those who did not entirely agree with the President’s policy concerning Cuba, the feeling is that the President’s death represents a great loss not only to the U.S. but to all of Latin America. These sources know of no plans for unauthorized action against Cuba.

An informant who has furnished reliable information in the past and who is close to a small pro-Castro group in Miami has advised that those individuals are afraid that the assassination of the President may result in strong repressive measures being taken against them and, although pro-Castro in their feelings, regret the assassination.

The substance of the foregoing information orally furnished to Mr. George Bush of the Central Intelligence Agency, Captain William Edward of the Defense Intelligence Agency on November 23, 1963 by Mr. W.T. Forsyth of this Bureau.

1 – Director of Naval Intelligence

I hope John is home and well in Ireland and he didn't get too beat up by the hardballers in DC.

I'm sure he learned a lot; at the same time I'm sure he impressed many of the people that came in contact with him. In my opinion, there is no better representative of the new generation of researchers than John Geraghty.

I have a feeling that John more than held his own.

DCI Bush's response to a 1976 letter from DeMohrenschildt

Dear George,

You will excuse this hand-written letter.Maybe you will be able to bring a solution into the hopeless situation I find myself in.My wife and I find ourselves surrounded by vigilantes;our phone bugged and we are being followed everywhere.Either FBI is involved in this or they do not want to accept my complaint.We are driven to insanity by this situation.I have been behaving like a damn fool since my daughter died from CF over 3 years ago.I tried to write,stupidly and unsuccessfully about Lee H. Oswald and must have annoyed a lot of people-I don't know.But to punish an elderly man like myself and my highly nervous and sick wife is really too much.Could you do something to remove this net around us.This will be my last request for help and I will not annoy you any more.

Here are the documents for those who are interested:

Handwritten letter from DeMohrenschildt to Bush when latter was CIA Director (1976), basically pleading for his life: http://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk...10143_0001a.htm

Bush's response to subordinates' query as to whether he knows this guy:

http://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk...10142_0001a.htm

Discussion of the DeMohrenschildt letter in CIA:

http://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk...10133_0001a.htm

Bush's reply to DeMohrenschildt (summary: "Have a nice life", or not as it turned out):

http://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk...10134_0001a.htm

Rex

Edited by Rex Bradford

Thanks for providing those links.

Imagine George DeMohrenschildt being on a first name basis with the Director of the CIA, and future President of the United States and also on close terms with the late alleged assassin of President Kennedy. The irony is sublime.

Whatever the nature of both relationships, it certainly lends credence to the saying, "Its a small world."

The cover-up of Bush' role in the CIA is indeed an important and over-looked story, particularly in light of the fact that someone in Dubya's cabinet outed a female CIA officer in response to her husband making some statements damaging to Bush. Whatever happened to that investigation by the way? Where are the indictments?

I agree that the inaction in this case is most disgusting imagine all the fuss there would have been if something like this happened when a Democrat was president? Armitage just admitted he was the leaker.

Pat what evidence is there of Bush's role in the CIA? What cover up was there? The only reliable thing I've heard of was that cable to Hoover, there are lot's of George Bushes

We all know that George DeMorenschildt was

Marina Oswald's CIA counterintelligence handler

when she immigrated with Lee from the USSR.

He was a murky white russian fascist with all kinds of globe trotting projects,

and he was nervous in 1976............Bush couldn't deny knowing him, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm