The Education Forum

A Shot from The Left

Thanks Robin. The first photo you posted by Cancellare above is the one I was

referring to. When enlarged, we can see ,what seems to me, to be a human like

figure to the right of the tree that is the second tree from the end of the overpass.

From the street, it's the tree to the right of the motorcycles.

I wonder if anyone else can see what I perceive to be a human figure on the

south knoll, holding what could be a rifle?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing to consider is the matter of shadow.

I suspect the occupancy of the Terminal annex is knowable. On e difficulty re the USPO and the USPO PI dep is that it was disbanded by Nixon in early '70 and PI's had been encouraged to retire before that. Nixon replaced it with the USPS. There is an attendant break or loss of relevant detailed data as a consequence.

Which films has Harry not been involved with. It has been said he 'thumbed through' the (SS Z)* copy left in Dallas on the evening of 11/22 (with Sorrels, I think), the last part of the Bell film seems to have been taken from Harrys office window (ending with a lingering shot of the courthouse from which some prisoners had expressed a reason to consider the Terminal Annex roof). The Martin film. I think there were a couple more, but I can't remember off hand which ones.

edit add ok I see Robert has gone in to the Bell film. If one does a composite of the last sequence one can then use the lines of the court house to determine the level opposite the posistion he was filming from and then use the photo from the nest to backtrack. I think there is reason to think it was from Harrys office he filmed it and was probably at that point following directions. Possibly from Holmes. Strange that if so it took time to surface as Holmes was busy providing lots of other info.

Interesting then that he may have been an intimate of Holmes in some capacity and also a mail deliverer to Ruby.

Hmmmm....

edit typos

edit add*

Edited by John Dolva

• 8 months later...

There were indeed reports of shots from the Left.

Watching through binoculars from his fifth floor office in the Terminal Annex building (or Post Office Building) opposite the Texas School Book Depository, was Harry D. Holmes, FBI informant T7.

Harry had his office on the fifth floor of the Terminal Annex building (also known as the Post Office) on the corner of Commerce and Houston streets, cattywampus to the grassy knoll, directly opposite the Texas School Book Depository in Dealey Plaza. He liked to describe the Annex as 'my building'. Through his windows he could see on the right 'Old Red', The Jail, the Records Building, Dal. Tex. and about 300 feet opposite, the sixth floor of the TSBD. Panning in an arc further left along Elm Street down to the Triple underpass then out across the western plains over towards Fort Worth.

In Harry's words:

"....Right after the assassination I called the boss in Fort Worth, who already had the chief on the phone line in Washington because everything was chaos. He told me:

Well, youre in charge of the investigation over there for whatever they need in the way of postal inspectors help or cooperation. The entire manpower that we have over there is at your disposal and well send more if you need them.

"All the federal agencies would band together though they didnt know what to do. Actually, for a while, they thought the shots came from my building, the Terminal Annex (post office). So immediately we interviewed everybody on the floors on that side of the building to see what they knew or had seen because there was a possibility that it came from the post office. Of course, that was cleared up in a hurry.

I had the radio on all the time but there wasnt much that I could do. I had called Captain Fritz and told him, If there is anything I can do, why, Im available and Ive got plenty of men available......

Witnesses?? Harry D. Holmes, FBI informat T7, said : "Actually, for a while, they thought the shots came from my building, the Terminal Annex. So immediately we interviewed everybody on the floors on that side of the building to see what they knew or had seen because there was a possibility that it came from the post office. Of course, that was cleared up in a hurry."

"they thought" ? (agencies. DPD? Witnesses?), "my building" "we interviewed" ? (not the 'agencies' ?) "...to see what they knew": us, our people in our building. So it seems the word of Harry was sufficient for the 'agencies' to accept that the shot did not come from the post office?? funny that.? Of course, they knew it came from the TSBD.

Who the h..l was this Harry dude? It seems strange that he packed such an enormous untouchability.

He brought Lee's Post Box to attention of DPD, he took part in Oswalds interviews, he delayed the transfer so that Oswald was still there when Ruby turned up, he took part in uncovering the trail to the Carcano.

As postal inspector he would have been part of the CIA,FBI,Postal Inspection Service, illegal Top Secret mail opening operations.

Had he seen the Back yard photos?

Oswald would have been known to him and (through Harry, as T7) the FBI. He lied at WC about postal regulations, and also said he couldn't remember the names of people he associated with yet described himself (apart from calling himself a trained 'suspicioner' ( a play on the french word spy?)) as someone with a perfect memory? After the WC he seemed to vanish into thin air.*

What did he look like? It's a puzzle worth looking at.

*(of course as Pat has pointed out he didn't vanish But he did fade very much into the background)

Bump.

--Tommy :sun

Edited by Thomas Graves

• 9 months later...

Yes. Something recently piqued my interest. A couple of threads actually. I'm really trying to keep focus on a very small number of topics for now. It's actually not that easy to do.