The Education Forum

headshot head movements

As can be seen in the Muchmore topic and here again.

The limousine drifts away from the kerb and accelerates.

Before Kennedy is shot in the head, he is turning his head towards Jackie.

His body is also tilting towards her.

If one looks at the top of his head one can see that when shot, his head tilts towards the camera and dips down and up again.

Then there are some movements indicating perhaps reflexes or a second shot.

Then as the limousine starts to accelerate and the seat springs recoil his body moves up and when the accelerating limousine reaches where his body is, the back rest of the rear seat 'catches kennedy and his body is propelled forward.

His head swivels backwards and hits the top of the seat and rebounds.

His body returns to the seat, depresses the seat springs again bounces once and and he collapses towards Jackie.

see post5 for image

Edited by John Dolva

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meanwhile, Connally reacts to the acceleration by leaning forward as one would expect. He then collapses, or as Mrs Connally testifies, she pulls him towards her.

His head is largely steady until the acceleration, indicating that the up and down movement of Kennedy is due to the seat springs.

see post5 for image

Edited by John Dolva

The Driver

Again, the driver mirrors the movements of Connally. He looks backwards and just as he completes his turn to forward he leans forward as the Limousine accelerates. This is exactly the same moment that Kennedy's body rises and his head swivels backwards. The seat springs, the straightening out of the limousine, the end of deceleration and start of acceleration, Jackies restraining hand etc serve to give his body/head combination the movements observed.

It's interesting that until now these movements have been wrongly interpreted as a 'back and to the left'. The key is to not see it as a movie, but as a series of photographs each with its own place in space and time , not statically in the center of a stationary screen.

The movement as I interpret it due to the bullet strike, is simply : tilt to the right, with a push down into the seat from the 'knockdown' power of a bullet from the left front. The head hits the shoulder structure and is deflected forward. Rebounds. (the fastest head snap of them all?)

THEN comes the movements imparted by the springs rebounding, shift in direction of the Limousine and shift in speed. The body/head in turn hits the back of the seat, rebounds descends, springs compress, a bounce and a fall off to Jackie.

NOT just back and to the left. NOT a shot from the grassy knoll. NOT a shot from the rear.

A shot from left front.

Please be so kind as to reproduce, confirm, refine, debunk.

see post5 for image

Edited by John Dolva

Jackie

(I have sometimes seen comments about who were the heroes that day. I think Jackie should be at the top of the list.)

When the Limousine stops decelerating or coasting and starts to accelerate, Jackie first moves in the direction of the acceleration, then rises and moves back towards Kennedy.

As I realised yeaterday there is also an element of the movement imparted to the Limousine by the engine torque transmitted through the drive shaft, diff etc.

A couple of things come to mind. Was it an automatic or manual.

A recreation of the whole sequence might be useful to see how much in fact all these factors outlined here and in "Kennedy's wounds" topic contributed to the movements of Kennedy's body and head.

see post5 for image

Edited by John Dolva

The Limousine

Scene of the crime

The Limousine appears to reach its slowest speed just at the headshot.

The speed appears to be constant until the previously noted few meters later when an acceleration starts.

At the slowest point it appears to increase the drift away from the kerb.

At the point of starting acceleration it appears to correct this drift

Hints to those interested in checking all this: When lining up the frames there are a number of clues.

The kerb

The feet of people. The feet that are planted on the ground in standing or in the process of being stepped on.

The white area on the grass.

Where major blurring occurs, a balance of all of these can produce a pretty good result.

When the kerb is a continuous smooth line then the lining up of all the other stationary parts produced these results for me

Then comparing these results with those of a similar sequence with the Muchmore film shows consistency.

John Dolva Posted Today, 04:15 AM

Jackie

(I have sometimes seen comments about who were the heroes that day. I think Jackie should be at the top of the list.)

When the Limousine stops decelerating or coasting and starts to accelerate, Jackie first moves in the direction of the acceleration, then rises and moves back towards Kennedy.

As I realised yeaterday there is also an element of the movement imparted to the Limousine by the engine torque transmitted through the drive shaft, diff etc.

A recreation of the whole sequence might be useful to see how much in fact all these factors outlined here and in "Kennedy's wounds" topic contributed to the movements of Kennedy's body and head.

see post5 for image

It was an automatic, I'm 99% sure...

Thank you Antti.

This detail is constructed using the techniques outlined in 'base techniques'

The frame previous to the headshot is superimposed on a color inverted image of the headshot frame.

The location of Kennedy's head as shown by the middle of the three silhouettes is where it would have been instantly prior to the bullet hitting. The third silhouette when compared to this has not only tilted downwards but also tilted rightwards. The inset shows a comparison with the first silhoutte tilted down and then tilted right. The third matches the silhouette of the immediately after headshot frame.

The 'fountain' of blood and brain tissue has been enhanced.

Jackies head position at the time of the head shot (or rather, immediately following it) is indicated by the x.

Following this lowest point his head rebounds, the Limousine continues forward and the 'back and to the left movement commences', peaking about 5 'heads' after the shot.

• 7 months later...
Following this lowest point his head rebounds, the Limousine continues forward and the 'back and to the left movement commences', peaking about 5 'heads' after the shot.

John Dolva Posted Today, 04:15 AM

Jackie

see post5 for image

It was an automatic, I'm 99% sure...

John, I am almost certain that is was an auto..

I tacked this transition film onto this topic rather than start a new one. In reading my previous thinking on the head movements I see it needs updating. I'm at the moment back to basics and don't make any conclusions.

As afar as beoing an auto goes, I guess there is not much further to go on that as each car has its own responsiveness and it's probably popintless to spend too much time on it. However, being an automatic is noted.

Anyway, its a good idea to put the film at full screen and set it on continuous loop.

Look at the various areas around the screen.

Look at Jackies left arm that she has on Kennedys back. See how it moves. Look at her right arm which is probably on Kennedys arm, see how it moves.

Look at her shoulder.

The back of kennedy at the bottom/left.

Look at the shadow growing to cover the shirt cuff, and the shoulder, and the hand.

See the shadow that appears in the blood mist. Look at the area of the ear. Stepback and look at all of this and see the movement.

Where did the shot come from?

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.ph...pe=post&id=5297

John Dolva Posted Yesterday, 02:24 PM

I tacked this transition film onto this topic rather than start a new one. In reading my previous thinking on the head movements I see it needs updating. I'm at the moment back to basics and don't make any conclusions.

As afar as beoing an auto goes, I guess there is not much further to go on that as each car has its own responsiveness and it's probably popintless to spend too much time on it. However, being an automatic is noted.

Anyway, its a good idea to put the film at full screen and set it on continuous loop.

Look at the various areas around the screen.

Look at Jackies left arm that she has on Kennedys back. See how it moves. Look at her right arm which is probably on Kennedys arm, see how it moves.

Look at her shoulder.

The back of kennedy at the bottom/left.

Look at the shadow growing to cover the shirt cuff, and the shoulder, and the hand.

See the shadow that appears in the blood mist. Look at the area of the ear. Stepback and look at all of this and see the movement.

Where did the shot come from?

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.ph...pe=post&id=5297

What's your opinion John?

I will not base my opinion solely on the Zapruder film. I have done my best at taking into account 1) witness statements, 2) physical evidence 3) photographic and video evidence.

Order of significance above.

My opinion is that Kennedy was shot at from at least 2 different positions. From the TSBD area or from behind Kennedy at the least, and probably from Kennedy's left front (the head shot). It is also a possibility that Kennedy was shot in the head twice, once from two different positions.

"I will not base my opinion solely on the Zapruder film. I have done my best at taking into account 1) witness statements, 2) physical evidence 3) photographic and video evidence."

Antti, your approach is well grounded IMO. While I like to see what John has to say ... I am not sure if I agree with what has been said in this thread. For instance the head shot - for there to have been two shots to JFK's head, there must have been two separate signs of independent blood spatter. Blood spatter is not a theory, but rather a science. I have never seen any sign that blood spatter occurred from a shot striking JFK's head from the rear. I contend that a bullet hit the top front part of the bone plate which rocked JFK's head forward while driving his shoulders backwards at the same time. With the neck tethered to the upper torso - the head had little choice but to be flung rearward with the upper body.

post-1084-1144416288_thumb.gif

No sign of spatter when the head starts its rearward movement ... thus there must have been a secondary cause for this rapid change in direction to JFK's head.

post-1084-1144416456_thumb.gif

Jackie's hands resting on the President's arms from two separate views ...

post-1084-1144416631_thumb.jpg

Bill

Edited by Bill Miller

"Look at Jackies left arm that she has on Kennedys back. See how it moves. Look at her right arm which is probably on Kennedys arm, see how it moves."

John ... did you mean to say that Jackie's RIGHT ARM is on jFK's back?

Jackie placed her hands on the President's left forearm shortly after JFK first reacted to being shot.

post-1084-1144436647_thumb.jpg

Upon the President being fatally hit in the head - Jackie lifts her left hand off JFK's forearm and places it on the back of his neck/back.

Jackie's right hand lifting off the President's forearm.

post-1084-1144436890_thumb.gif

Bill